Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

hello and welcome to cspam's premier thread regarding the american lib. the american lib, also known as a democrat, is an endangered species largely due to its own loving stupidity. this thread is where we discuss (and mock) the actions of the libs while the all consuming wave of fascism races to crush us to death.

In addition to the standard CSPAM rules we only really have one rule here in the suck zone. DO NOT MAKE THE DISCUSSION ABOUT YOURSELF/OTHER POSTERS. argue whatever the gently caress you want (as long as it relates to the libs or american politics) but not about how how leftist/chud-y a poster is or how you're so much better than another poster (spoiler: you aren't).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbD1XDhKr8U

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

first order of business: a new title to replace this horrible one i came up with

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

:toot:

California Democratic Party Endorsement Totals:

Kevin De Leon: 54%

Dianne Feinstein: 37%

lmao eat poo poo feinstein

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Grondoth posted:

THE POSTER'S CREED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCqADR4Fj88

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Skypie posted:

I've never actually watched West Wing

its incredibly cringe but non-main characters almost make it worth watching

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Skypie posted:

I saw someone post a character speech plastered on a background the other day on Facebook and it was about respecting your opponents' views and the friend was musing that we need a return to that concept in politics

And that's about my extent with the show but that sounded like a very :decorum: kinda thing

that was almost certainly a main character, the cool ones like donna or charlie never get brought up

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

oh god i forgot the assassination kicked off the terrible MS storyline

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Skypie posted:

Were there storylines about stamping out unions

yes lmao. i distinctly remembering toby telling the AFL-CIO to suck it after bartlet signed a chinese NAFTA

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Mnoba posted:

i've never seen a single episode of west wing, but i see it on netflix so i'm going to watch episode one after my second or third blue moon

the first episode is like the worst way to get introduce to the show fwiw. partly because it half focuses on a character who just straight up disappears after the first season lol. watch In Excelsis Deo instead. it still has cringe lib moments but is also probably the characters at their best

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

isn't that the one where josh insults a right wing catholic on tv and the president gets mad at him?

that;s the pilot/episode 1, in exlecis deo is about toby arranging the funeral of a homeless vet and CJ trying to get support for a hate crimes bill

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i will never not lol that bartlet's big winning policy, that he literally pins his relection on, is a tax credit for college tuition.

that they then promptly never bring up or attempt to pass the moment the election is over lmfao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

to truly understand the lib, watch west wing

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

tbf most of that season was focused on the santos/vinnick campaigns

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

ugh that fuckin' toby storyline

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the woman character in this is his wife btw

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

man i should get high and give WW a hate watch. rn i'm thinking and loll'ing about how sorkin tried to write toby as the old guard bolshevik/radical in the group but he is instead the archtype for the democratic leadership looking at the wreckage of 1972 and going "we gotta get more racist"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

true, also i should probably finish the analysis of 1960 politics i'm working on first

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

man i could go on about toby until i run out of hash oil. he is like the key to understanding why hillary was perceived by hillshills and libs as she is/was. all the other characters sole issue while in power was continuing to stay in the white house and keep the lights on. meanwhile toby is painted by sorkin as the ideologue of the group because he mentions poor people once in a while but does literally nothing to help them. meanwhile stackhouse or whatever the bernie stand-in's name was actually goes about getting funding for autism research and expanding social security and is painted as the most naive fool to walk the earth

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Gunshow Poophole posted:

do u want 2 b a guest star

standard riders I assume like a couple 20mg of gummies

maybe, let me know when you get some details worked out

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao this lovett podcast

pod save moron posted:

as much as i wish we could spend all our time talking about the issues that actually affect people's lives... we'll lose on the mueller front if don't talk about [russia]

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

you're so goddamn close dude

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

"corporations are the devil"

lovett: :psypop:

god this owns

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Dairy Tariff posted:

how can we win the motherfreaken elections if russia is freaking meddling in our motherflipping elections

behold the single image more powerful than american democracy

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i'm surprised the PSA guys dont have a leftist thought siren that triggers and drops a glass dome over guests that express non-lib talking points

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

cenotaph posted:

That woman is literally telling him that electing democrats just because they're democrats doesn't make her community safer and he just doesn't get it. lovely dem mayor hiring more cops instead of building houses is handwaved away by a nebulous "we need to hold our politicians accountable."

because the lib doesn’t understand that poo poo like that is a feature, not a bug, of the system

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

libs are "the fundamentals are strong!" idiots of politics

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

this whole stretch is so funny. its just him begging people who are actually affected by the failure of democrats to talk about some stupid FBI agent no one gives a gently caress about

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

amazing

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao they're totally going to have an episode thats just an entire hour of humiliating senator stackhouse

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

quote:

De León, a state senator from Los Angeles and the former leader of the State Senate, won 65 percent of the 333 delegates, according to the party. Feinstein netted seven percent after urging her supporters to choose no endorsement “in the name of party unity.”

lmao, idiot

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

KDL finished second in the jungle primary, meaning he and Feinstein are both running for the general election in November and nobody else. The CA Democratic party itself endorsing him over Feinstein means he'll have more institutional support, despite her being first place in the primary.

and also her being the sitting senator which makes it extra extreme lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao the best part of the thread merger is the now 4 banner ads that point to a closed thread

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

What I don't understand about Feinstein is how her political career lasted longer than like, 1985. I mean how did the confederate flag thing not sink her immediately? In California? In San Francisco?

A rebel flag is taboo even among the succiest of poo poo dems. The campaign ads write themselves.

Orange County is like ground zero chud breeding ground

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Skypie posted:

and I don't think any of them can resist mudslinging with Trump, which is a thing he's proven to win cuz he just doesn't give a gently caress

yeah warren's going to crash and burn hard because trump will call her Pocahontas on twitter all day and responding to it 24/7 is all her campaign is going to end up doing

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

:catstare:

...there's gonna be like 30 people onstage for the first debate aren't there

nah they'll just reuse the undercard debate from the GOP primary

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The look of simmering frustration on Bernie's face will be priceless, shortly before he destroys the fools.

if i was bernie i wouldn't even bother with debates until maybe after october 2019

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

mila kunis posted:

no one is going to care about that poo poo vs actual material conditions come election day in 2020 except brain addled conservatives who were going to go republican regardless

no no no, she's going to do that during the primary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

because I had to edit out the line where they called for the execution of a sitting congressman

see this is why i leave a mod/IK note whenever i have to edit something out