Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The second screenshotted tweet isn't true. Clinton emails had been targeted prior to that night, just not the accounts specifically referred to in that section of the indictment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

The specific text of the indictment says this:

laughing forever that her emails actually did matter

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1017814786418073601

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

in mid-February 2016 she had an event at Flint

never came back during the general, as far as i can tell

iirc Shattered claimed that when Clinton lost the Michigan and Wisconsin primaries she learned that visiting states was useless and in fact hurt her popularity in those states. Now, if I was running for president and I found that visiting a place made the people there less likely to vote for me, I might reconsider running for elected office, but I guess that's why she needed the sycophant squad to talk her out of quitting.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Ave moderator, morituri te salutant.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Every four years, HRC will write an addendum to What Happened, embarking on another book and media tour. When she dies Chelsea will take up the task. By 2058, the book will be a thousand pages long.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

Lol love that the succdem solution to immigration basically amounts to indentured servitude

Is this the same guy that wrote the pro-slavery article in Politico last year? That was a highlight bad take.

edit: It is!!! Keep on keeping on, guy.

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 19, 2018

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Zoran posted:

if you’ve got a majority willing to install a tenth judge then you’ve got a majority willing to switch the rules back

the reason it won’t happen is because we almost certainly won’t elect enough senators willing to pack the courts, not because of procedural bullshit

Actually, it takes a two thirds majority to remove a justice. When Congress reduced the size of the court to 7 during the Johnson administration, it only fell to 7 when individual justices retired; they weren't removed.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Zoran posted:

this is completely correct but also has nothing to do with packing the courts

It means they're easy to pack, difficult to unpack. Were the Republicans to do a Johnson administration style court unpacking, their guys would be the first one to leave. Of course, nothing's stopping them from adding more judges to the Supreme Court, but there's only so much room in the Supreme Court hall.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The Muppets On PCP posted:

all the d&d libs defending warren because this was supposedly aimed at getting jake tapper et al to hop on board against trump's bullying

his segment tonight on the story is an interview with a cherokee nation leader

White people, libs and cons, get so mad and defensive when you tell them that having distant native ancestry doesn't actually make you part Indian.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Tars Tarkas posted:

lanyard crew roasted by the Daily Dot of all places

https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/hbo-pod-save-america-review/

Extremely good article, not least because it includes the following image:

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

galenanorth posted:

https://twitter.com/sheabrian/status/1057621800341958657

they always imply "maybe you're just loving stupid" instead of stopping to considering that no one reads platforms because nearly all political platforms are constructed with skillfulness about saying everything while saying nothing with vague phrases

Imagine reading a political platform and just believing it uncritically.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I think that most people are gullible in the same way as that guy. I know that I was when Obama was running in 2008. Your average voter is going to assume that when Democrats say "I'm concerned about inequality and climate change" that there's an implied "and thus I'm going to do something to fix it." And if you show skepticism, they'll just perceive you as being overly negative/cynical.

It's a coin toss whether people like that will learn the lesson of "you can't trust politicians until, at the very least, they propose concrete solutions" as they get older (and the chance of them learning that lesson decreases if they're privileged enough to not care much either way).

It's less that people are gullible and more that they're information illiterate. Most people who are inclined to research a politician only know how to google the person's name and find their website. The platform is really all they have to go on. Of course, most people aren't even inclined to do research at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Turns out sweeping electoral changes don't happen without an economic crisis!