Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Fiend posted:

I'm serious. Don't make me come down to Moscow and go all Billy Jack on your rear end.

FYI: The YMCA where I grew up taught Hapkido.

did you go on a vision quest at the nearby rez and get bit by a snake?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
west wing is exactly like harry potter

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

What I don't understand about Feinstein is how her political career lasted longer than like, 1985. I mean how did the confederate flag thing not sink her immediately? In California? In San Francisco?

A rebel flag is taboo even among the succiest of poo poo dems. The campaign ads write themselves.

the flag wasn't that big a deal back then

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/alexburnsNYT/status/1018482780072706048

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Willa Rogers posted:

I want nothing more than for sanders to run among this crew.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Willie Tomg posted:

:catstare:

...there's gonna be like 30 people onstage for the first debate aren't there

biden, sanders, an empty podium for mother, and maybe warren at the adult debate and everyone else at the kiddie table debate

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Twinkie posted:

I still think Harris is still the most likely decorum standard bearer. She ticks all the right IDpol boxes, has the blessing of the Hampton donors already, and is a cop. Biden is probably still a strong contender though. His combination of bad politics, Obama nostalgia, being an old white sex pest, open contempt for the voters, and track record of lost presidential runs is going to be like loving catnip to these people.

nobody's ever heard of kamala harris. she has zero chance beyond being a cop

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
giilibrand suffers from the same problem harris and every other non-biden democrat faces- they're completely unknown to 95% of the general public. and i'd even put biden on that list because nobody gives two shits about the vice president

trump is going to continue sucking up every last bit of media and it'll be impossible for someone who isn't already a household name to get any publicity

and if sanders somehow winds up the nominee i'm not entirely convinced the dnc and friends won't tacitly sabotage him since they prefer having trump as a foil

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

not a cult posted:

lol bernie is the only one who didn't make an idiot of himself in the first episode
maybe the republican couple after him as well, since if I remember correctly they didn't really engage him very much

the old dixie maga chud couple were a pair of grotesques straight from a flannery o'connor novel and pretty entertaining on their own

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

how is ray stevens still alive

at the heart of branson missouri next to the grease trap out back behind the kenny rogers dinner theater is a churning black whirlpool that grants immortality to all who sup from it in exchange for fealty to the crawling chaos

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Burnett was able to secure songs by Kenny Rogers and the Gipsy Kings and also added tracks by Captain Beefheart, Moondog and Bob Dylan's "The Man in Me" (from New Morning). However, he had a tough time securing the rights to Townes Van Zandt's cover of the Rolling Stones' "Dead Flowers", which plays over the film's closing credits. Former Stones manager Allen Klein owned the rights to the song and wanted $150,000 for it. Burnett convinced Klein to watch an early cut of the film and remembers, "It got to the part where the Dude says, 'I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!' Klein stands up and says, 'That's it, you can have the song!' That was beautiful."

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rastor posted:

Like who even is Deray and why should anybody care

this scene but serious, and also a black dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjB6r-HDDI0

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

As a reminder, this bullshit is still happening.

To think that if Ja Rule was managing this one, we'd be rid of the lanyard class in one weekend.

someone could unleash some sarin gas on the event

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rastor posted:

The two lines in white were added to the actual poster of the actual hellfest

hellfest is a perfectly fine music festival in france

that thing is the ingolstadt concert to immanentize the eschaton

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Terror Sweat posted:

Lmao at serving 28 years in the military and having to drive Uber to make ends meet

unless he seriously hosed something up that dude's pension after that many years is around 50k/yr assuming he's enlisted

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

G-Hawk posted:

edit: Scott and allies have also already spent about 20 million on tv. Theres been something like 25 million spent that is pro Scott and anti Nelson, versus around 2 million on behalf of Nelson. Nelson is getting beat up on both tv and digital, but its not by choice.

hard to believe a guy as establishment as nelson who's been in office as long as he has in a state with as many rich assholes as florida doesn't have a ridiculous amount of cash on hand

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tanks But No Tanks posted:

*begrudgingly adds Bernie Sanders to list*

*puts biden at top of list*

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

im getting this sinking feeling that bidens gonna be the nominee

biden won't make it past new hampshire, possibly iowa

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

every time i've suggested biden might not actually be great to a liberal they get furious at me lol

everyone forgets he sucks at campaigning and can only win in a tiny fake state like delaware where you can personally hit up everyone's house in an afternoon

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
biden is probably the most favored by the party establishment currently, as clinton was in '08

the big difference now is the clinton wing that presumably would back him isn't the monolithic force it was a decade ago. and even then it wasn't enough

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

it's gonna own when a billion centrists split their vote and bernei cruises to a win

inshallah we get the leaked emails from idjits and ghouls like jen palmieri and john podesta around super tuesday furiously arguing over which no-hope centrist everyone needs to immediately unite behind in order to defeat the bernster

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i remember brookings being a bland inoffensive liberal shop, kinda like demos these days

when did they turn into aei jr

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol charlie cook's on washington journal telling dems in close races to run as far away as possible from single payer or medicare for all, which he says he has no idea what that even means

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

frankenfreak posted:

He was certainly oozing something...

garmonbozia

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

where do they think skills and vocational training come from, the votech fairy?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
with a new face to boot

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://theintercept.com/2018/07/16/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-msnbc-joe-crowley/

quote:

Not everyone at Rockefeller Center, however, failed to see the writing on the wall. Just as Crowley scrambled amid late-campaign internal polls showing Ocasio-Cortez gaining ground, MSNBC’s parent company donated to the incumbent’s bid to save his seat.

NBC Universal donated $3,000 to Crowley through its political action committee just 13 days before the June 26 primary. The PAC donation was listed on Crowley’s second-quarter campaign disclosure, which was filed with the Federal Election Commission on Sunday evening.

The network’s top political talent expressed shock at the Ocasio-Cortez upset, suggesting that no one saw her victory coming.

“Pretty much all of political journalism are doing an Ocasio-Cortez crash course tonight, myself included,” wrote MSNBC host Joy Reid on Twitter. On election night, Rachel Maddow, one of the network’s most popular stars, referred to Ocasio-Cortez as “this out-of-nowhere challenger.”

The corporate parent of MSNBC, however, maintained close ties to Crowley. Not only has the network routinely invited Crowley on as a guest and donated to his campaign in the past, but, as we previously reported, NBC Universal also retained Crowley’s brother John “Sean” Crowley as a lobbyist.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

comedyblissoption posted:

npr has probably been always lovely you just hadn't noticed it at the time

it's been downhill since they canned bob edwards

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Barry Convex posted:

good god this poo poo is utterly deranged. read the whole thread

https://twitter.com/coreyrobin/status/1020862006855913473?s=21

can't believe the russians created centuries of oppression and systemic racism in america all to convince black and hispanic voters in 2016 that democrats haven't done much for them

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GalacticAcid posted:

What rules is the “moderate” who did win, Conor Lamb, did so by focusing doggedly on things third way hates

- labor rights
- Medicare
-social security

like knock him all you want for his pussyfooting on ICE etc but there’s no reason to not use him as an example of the third way guzzlin nuts

it rules he's voted with republicans more often than my republican congressman

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GalacticAcid posted:

doesn’t change how he campaigned my friend

his supposed non-succdem rhetoric is vastly overstated. like yeah no poo poo if you're running in a district that's mostly retired union workers you talk up unions, medicare, and social security

but mostly he was really insistent on being super bipartisan and playing up his previous troop and cop careers

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
there's a reason lamb is held as the proof of concept for the dccc's grand strategy of running republicans as democrats to flip lean districts

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

paranoid randroid posted:

it was really weird for the ten minutes I had Passion Pit confused with Purity Ring and was like, there's a crossover between that audience and Jake Tapper?????

jake tapper was the original bassist for slint

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

forgot one

https://twitter.com/CandicePDX/status/1021160586665578496

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

paranoid randroid posted:

I guess Grimes is dating Elon Musk of all people so it isn't like there isn't precedent for artpop to let me right the gently caress down

that poo poo's all fascist anyway

as always the only good musical praxis is powerviolence

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

forbidden dialectics posted:

no, candace is a LAWYER* who photoshopped hillary clinton's face onto her face and made it her twitter avi

*not actually a lawyer

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

oh dear we're back into the Candice Aiston saga are we

this is like in an old super nintendo rpg where you think you defeated the final boss then lightning starts flashing and the music goes from frenetic to ominous and they come back in their true form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

my fav centrist take on aoc's degrees is "heh she knows nothing despite her fancy education" despite the obvious conclusion being "she knows more than me"

tbf her degree is in useless nonsense