Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
These people don't even have a plan to stop "the Russian takeover". No one is proposing any reforms to state election law (like getting rid of voting computers and machines) or possible ways to transform the Republic to be more representative. Being very concerned on Twitter won't change anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

punk rebel ecks posted:

Remember when Hillary lost the election she didn't even do a resignation speech until the next day?

Who gives a gently caress about concession speeches.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Corky Romanovsky posted:

The thousand people at Hillary Clinton's victory party.

I'm sure their lives would be totally different now had she given that concession speech.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Corky Romanovsky posted:

it helps if you can relate to people, or at least give that appearance

you = Hillary
you = SA poster Lambert

I am a robot, I don't understand humans. That's why I don't understand why she didn't give that concession speech like a robot would.

Also, lol @ still whining about Hillary's concession speech in 2018.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
That Corky Romanovsky poster.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol @ defending hillary leaving her thousands of campaign volunteers who just watched america get handed to idiot fascism in the lurch to be told to go home by tony podesta in 2018

lol @ still being butthurt about a meaningless concession speech.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
When she's running again in 2020, I'm with her.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Homeless Friend posted:

i'd like to try those headphones tbh

They are BeyerDynamic DT 770 Pro. Some of the best headphones available and super comfortable.

If you prefer open headphones (the DT 770 are closed), the DT 990 Pro are what you want.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
It's Columbus. hth.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Hostess Snack Cake posted:

philadelphia is, was, and will remain the greatest city in the world, and anyone who has a problem with that can fight me

Weird way to spell "Columbus", but okay.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I love to eat Columbus Cheese Steak Sandwich.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Hope & Keeping Everything Great

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Imagine living in a world where the solution to any problem is a federal tax credit.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Universal Healthcare would be worthwhile even if it were to cost more than the current system (which seems almost impossible): A healthier populace and more mobility in the job market are good things even to the economists of the world.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

hobbesmaster posted:

There was some evidence that he was on Russia's payroll iirc?

I mean, theres not necessarily anything illegal about that.

His real name is Vladimir Greenwald.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Charliegrs posted:

The Republicans were willing to side with a foreign enemy country to get control of the government.

You'd think the Democrats would maybe be willing to side with slightly racist white folks if it means they can win back control.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
-

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Guess you're not a friend of the pod.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
lol @ getting mad at some HuffPo article about 12 anonymous people allegedly saying something meaningless like "her comments could be a factor" about donating for an election that is years away.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Is Obama's endorsement really worth anything? Are there primary voters out there thinking for themselves "Oh yes, I need to download Obama's endorsement list to check for candidates in my district" before voting?

Lambert fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 2, 2018

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Corky Romanovsky posted:

lol, no. didn't he force obamas hand on gay marriage? he is just gonna say whatever he wants regardless of president bernie's desires

I don't think Biden forced anyone's hand. He was obviously put out there as a test balloon, to gauge whether Obama should switch to supporting gay marriage as well.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

not a cult posted:

according to the game change books he went off script there and they weren't very happy with him

I mean, they obviously wouldn't admit to this.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

did u know, succ zone, that bernard sanders of vermont is not a democrat?

He's not a Democrat. hth

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Thoguh posted:

Ranked choice is a good thing but a lot of third party voters still just aren't going to rank the major party candidates at all so you might not end up with anybody receiving a majority even after eliminating everyone but the top 2.

It could lead to the formation of reasonable third parties, something the US is lacking due to its electoral law. Of course, this law alone probably wouldn't be enough.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

is pepsi ok posted:

I'm praying for Ing to win, not just because he's an extremely good dem, but because it would make me so happy to watch the media narrative of "everyone AOC endorses loses!" come crashing down in less than a week.

I mean, that media narrative is false even if Ing doesn't win.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Eleven Eleven posted:

I'd also like to add that violent revolution often has a side effect of disproportionately harming minorities that are often lumped in with the "elites" such as queer people, Jews and other ethnic/religious minorities.

Meanwhile, going all in on centrism brought a resurgence of unapologetic Nazis.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
30 Rock is some painfully unfunny poo poo.

Oh Snapple! posted:

it was the first sign of his completely terrible political instincts (at least before that striking miner bit surfaced) that he thought the media was irrelevant

they're useless, sure, but they're not irrelevant and have actively helped to make poo poo worse.

Cable news are irrelevant. I'm not interested in watching a show that's cable news commentary.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Superdelegates would be fine if the US weren't a two party system.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
This is some weak poo poo. So she had a relationship with Hernandez while he was going through his divorce? Big whoop. Framing it as "she had an AFFAIR" is almost desperate.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
The 25th is useless anyways; who is interested in President Pence?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I'm really excited about this bridge being on time and slightly under budget while the rest of the infrastructure crumbles.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
We have to support compromised centrist Bernie Sanders that votes for bills that punish sex workers instead of Avenatti, the true leftist, because Bernie is simply more electable!

Lambert fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Sep 25, 2018

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Still salty at Metallica for getting Napster shut down.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
He should get on the critical "consolidate server farms" issue to galvanize voters.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
This is a historic opportunity for courting the "reasonable Republican" vote. Just look at how well it worked in 2016!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
But she's great at whipping votes whenever it doesn't matter!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Gillum is just speaking out loud what is on every Floridian's mind: Ortega has go to go!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I really want to make sure I can get forced messages from President Trump.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Is the main thrust going to be "better things aren't possible"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
But he'll vote with us when it matters.