Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

anime was right posted:

- weed, but only as a carrot on a stick

Tax Credits for Access to Consolidated Data Driven Marijuana Research for Earners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Raskolnikov38 posted:

iirc theres some dumb rule in the house that only lets you reintroduce legislation if you vote against, so you vote no if its not going to pass

Then how the gently caress did those house republicans do exactly this with repealing the ACA? (they did it specifically so they could say "voted against obama care 46 times" in their campaign ads)

EDIT: or was this a recent rule?

Reverend Dr fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 19, 2018

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

LANYARD: Hey should we see if our brand new centralized data-verified focused group slogan has actually been the slogan for a highly litigious law firm for over 30 years?

CONSULTANT: No

https://www.forthepeople.com/

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

WampaLord posted:

lmao I posted about the slogan reminding me of morgan and morgan this owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYtQXtUMWvQ

ALSO LAYNARD: I hear the Enter Net is a big thing now, perhaps we should look at getting a www dot address dot com for this slogan or at least type it into goo gull?

ALSO CONSULTANT: Also no

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Welcome to the succ zone. We care about the answers, but also please show your work for full points.

He's a cop. Glad when any cop loses their job.

Should be enough for a C-

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

comedyblissoption posted:

part of trumps' elevation as a primary candidate may be due to clintons' pied piper strategy of colluding with the media and intentionally elevating trump over others in the primary in the belief he would be one of the easiest candidates for clinton [which is probably true]

DNC consultants are actually capable when its for the republicans huge if true

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Make America Hope Again

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

McCain Decorum Funeral being the genesis of some world changing movement sure is some awful fanwank

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

comedyblissoption posted:

nah i'm not trolling i legit hated it

anyone unfamiliar with bernie would just see it as a vapid commercial in a sea of political pablum

you could switch bernie for any empty suit in that commercial for how much political content it had

it's the political equivalent of marketing brands of toothpaste

What's still considered the most effective political TV ad was Johnson's Daisy ad https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisy_(advertisement) which was also completely devoid of any type of political content.

I don't think that "accepted truth" still holds true as the last 50 years have numbed society's (especially younger generations) response to that type of ad as we see that poo poo all over the place now.

But agreed, meaningless no-political-content, political ads are loving dumb as poo poo.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

platzapS posted:

this is blowing my mind she is is still alive

I don't blame her. I would have also wanted to live long enough to see McCain die too.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Potato Salad posted:

Fun fact, that F35 crashed into an native american burial mound last week.

I just went into a loving hole and it sure does loving look like it hit the burial mound.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Modus Pwnens posted:

I just want to know what the front of his shirt says

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1054077629224116224

lol, owned

it's going to be interesting when politicians start running on economically left platforms as Republicans in places like this, and winning, instead of trying to be the chudliest Democrat possible and getting humiliated every time

The overwhelming succ thought is that red states will always vote for the republican. Truth is, red states will simply never vote for the democrat.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Ace of Baes posted:

We need to ban lawns.

What should I do with this 1/4-1/2 acre bit of land?

You should make it all the same and have it be completely uniform, devoid of any variance, color, whimsy, but also we live in a capitalist hellhole, it also has to be something that is going to require a whole lot of upkeep, like this non-native plant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

"Irresistible blue wave"

"Okay let me explain how a handful of seats constitutes a huge wave through the means tested method of incremental change"