Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

This. loving. Company.

"There could be no worse ending than a tie."

Vince: "Hold my beer."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No but that's only for the same loving reason I haven't the last ten times people have asked me that question!

Sorry Dean didn't show up.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Someone loving tranq Carmella. I was feeling like she was improving as a heel and she's run what little material she had into the ground so hard that her being on my screen makes me want to smash my TV.

Apparently this entire post show is designed to make me hate everything even more than I already did. LOUD NOISES.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope dean ambrose's new gimmick when he comes back is doing the buzzer noise after he hits a move. there would be 2 or 3 in every match

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Shoenin posted:

AJ, Ruru, Braun, and New Day are still fully enjoyable despite mired in poo poo.
NXT has been alright with good PPV's.

B&V are gonna be a blast to listen to today.

I don't really count NXT when I say that because I'll always tune in for a Takeover because those are always quality. But the main product is just god awful most of this year. Like there's the odd good to great match but it's not worth the time to sift through the crap to me.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Seriously, I have never enjoyed wrestling in my adult life as much as in the last few years, and it is not cause of WWE.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Having your app only on Fire TV is worse than Banjo Kazooie.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Took me 2 hours 15 minutes to watch the entire 5 hour show forwarding past entrances, recap videos, and other charity promo poo poo. I skipped 2/3 of the Reigns match and maybe 5 of the iron man match because I’d just skip forward 30 seconds when they do a rest hold.

This poo poo is so padded....

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

projecthalaxy posted:

Also I've figured out how to bring back hogan: have him face cena in a big face vs face feature in Australia. Its not canon so you dont have to have him on real tv, and the aussies will be so starstruck they will forget to boo

Plus, Australians will cheer when he says the n-word.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeepDickPizza posted:

Sorry Dean didn't show up.

I don't mind that actually because I don't want him as a heel. Plus I don't want him to rush back too fast. That show just genuinely sucked rear end.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Banjo Kazooie is worse than WWE.

Actually you'll find it was pretty well booked on the whole

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Do people go into the new japan threads and evangelize for wwe

WWE has two genuine fans here who can't seem to give it up no matter what.

They're both being rewarded for it with Hogan coming back and Reigns vs Brock forever.

One's also being rewarded with Dean rehabbing to come back for the heel turn Dave's rumored all year and WWE's wanted since the Shield breakup. The other's being rewarded with Asuka being called up just to lose her streak and also every other major match that isn't an ultimately meaningless Rumble, hoping it'll be different with Kairi being called up, and then after that fails hoping it'll be different with Io being called up

They'll still find a way to defend it. Best of luck on it because post-TV deals and Saudi deal, the company's openly caring less and less about quality and masking the poo poo

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Astro7x posted:

Took me 2 hours 15 minutes to watch the entire 5 hour show forwarding past entrances, recap videos, and other charity promo poo poo. I skipped 2/3 of the Reigns match and maybe 5 of the iron man match because I’d just skip forward 30 seconds when they do a rest hold.

This poo poo is so padded....

The show just ended. How did you skip past things live?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Aphrodite posted:

Having your app only on Fire TV is worse than Banjo Kazooie.

If you have an iOS device and an Apple TV you can AirPlay it.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

uncurable mlady posted:

given that the last time i followed wwe at all was during the attitude era until i got back into it earlier this year i can safely say that i 1) make terrible life decisions 2) feel that this is a step up in quality

Attitude Era’s main event (and tag) scene was so much better than this trash man.

Like the in-ring feats that people are capable of are more technical on average, but the booking and scripted promos completely negate that IMO.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Foochs, if Jon Moxley ever shows up in NJPW, I promise I'll buy you an HDMI splitter and a Fire Stick/Chromecast thingy. :v:

Aphrodite posted:

Banjo Kazooie is worse than WWE.

DK64 is better than both.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

fart blood posted:

gently caress Apple now and forever.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fart blood posted:

Real Airplay, or the annoying mirroring kind where I can’t turn off my screen?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

................................................i thought it was a perfectly fine B-level PPV

(the quadruple-chinned jackasses in the crowd wasting their ticket money during the main event – that I could do without)

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Aphrodite posted:

Real Airplay, or the annoying mirroring kind where I can’t turn off my screen?

Real airplay.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

VJeff posted:

DK64 is better than both.

ok this Hot Take is worse than Extreme Rules

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Someone loving tranq Carmella. I was feeling like she was improving as a heel and she's run what little material she had into the ground so hard that her being on my screen makes me want to smash my TV.

Apparently this entire post show is designed to make me hate everything even more than I already did. LOUD NOISES.

I almost feel bad for Carmella, because they've also made her that special kind of champion that's supposed to just be a huge joke that can't do anything who sucks and only wins because every match is about everything except them wrestling, and it's impossible to look like anything but crap with that booking.

But she's also terrible and the worst non-Tamina choice they could put the belt on, so, y'know

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

................................................i thought it was a perfectly fine B-level PPV

There's somebody more insane than me. Don't look at me here!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Carmella is great at character work, promos, and moonwalking

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

ok this Hot Take is worse than Extreme Rules

Where was Banjo Kazooie's rap about all of the main characters?! Huh!?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What most companies do when they have a bad show that they want to make a good show instead is have Penta 0M murder some nerd on their show. Maybe wwe should try that. Replacing finn vs corbin with Penta 0M vs corbin would improve this show i think.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Crowds have a new chant. Never more will a show go uneeeeeeeehhhhhhhheed.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The fault, dear Brutus...

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

remusclaw posted:

Crowds have a new chant. Never more will a show go uneeeeeeeehhhhhhhheed.

Tye Dillinger co-opting it would be lovely

"TEN!"

crowd: 9! 8! 7!...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Le Saboteur posted:

The show just ended. How did you skip past things live?

I was 5 minutes behind by the final pinfall. Worked out perfectly somehow

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

VJeff posted:

Where was Banjo Kazooie's rap about all of the main characters?! Huh!?

a one match card is a one match card, and buddy, the DK rap is the only match there

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

...is not in our stars...

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also did I seriously see an NJPW fan ITT go to bat for Don Callis?

Because these things should have limits. Come on guys. Smdh. I know the wrestling product for NJPW is pretty beyond reproach but Don Callis is pretty loving bad and also looks like Less Fat Adult Butthead.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
He's been very good in new Japan lately.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also did I seriously see an NJPW fan ITT go to bat for Don Callis?

Because these things should have limits. Come on guys. Smdh. I know the wrestling product for NJPW is pretty beyond reproach but Don Callis is pretty loving bad and also looks like Less Fat Adult Butthead.

Don Callis was sort of okay kind of I guess in ECW but otherwise I don't care about him at all and he looks like a goober.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Callis is better than JR

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

He's been very good in new Japan lately.

I have a hard time believing it but I suppose I can't factually refute it.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

uncurable mlady posted:

Callis is better than JR

JR is AWFUL now. I know he's probably depressed because he's older and had some tragedies lately, but he's phoned it in for a long long long LONG time now and he should've retired like 10 years ago.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

uncurable mlady posted:

Callis is better than JR

Cole is better than 2018 JR. PERCY WATSON is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

The_Rob posted:

You're real grumpy tonight. Go to sleep.

its the wwe stockholm syndrome

• Locked thread