Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
The art gallery thing didn't do much for me. I've never been into fecal humor, which is probably why I never got into a lot of the Jackass stuff either.

It kind of feels like South Park in a way where the "line" of parody got crossed over by this Presidency to such a ridiculous degree that even things like the fake 'guns for kindergartners' campaign here, don't actually feel outrageous enough. Like, I don't believe for a minute that a republican candidate could run with that as a platform and lose voters because everyone is so polarized in their camps right now.

I'm curious to see what else he can come up with to troll people with though because I did find the Sanders skit good dumb humor and the reaction of the conservatives during the dinner scene to him explaining he was being cuckolded by a Dolphin was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Couple lines I enjoyed:

"This is not a matter of opinion."
"In your opinion."

The Cheney segment with the story about waterboarding Mosad's wife was very Borat.

I love the little lines they pepper in like "home of civil rights activist Timothy McVeigh."

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

I can’t see this because they block GDPR countries from viewing the site (lol), could anyone paste it?

Reality show taping fuels mosque rumor

By DK McDONALD The Daily News Jan 3, 2018 0

BULLHEAD CITY — A reality TV show production crew is apparently behind rumors regarding the supposed sale of a local shopping center in order to build a mosque.

Clear Meadow Films recruited people interested in participating in a focus group through local Facebook pages; attendees signed a consent form that allowed filming and use of the film on air.

Representatives of the production company did not return multiple requests for comment. The company lists its principal office as being in West Hollywood, Calif., but it has an LLC license in Wyoming with an initial filing date of Oct. 19, 2017.

“The speaker started off saying lots of jobs were coming to our area because we were chosen to begin a $385 million construction project on a plot of land in Kingman located at the Bank/Airway intersection,” said Venessa Mudge, a Kingman resident who attended a focus group meeting in Bullhead City. “He said the project was going to be the building of the world’s largest mosque outside of the Middle East. He implied that Muslims would take over our town and we’d all be converted or would have to move.”

Bullhead City residents who participated in the focus groups also were reportedly told

$385 million in reconstruction was planned to build a mosque relocating to the city — at the Safeway Marina Plaza.

“I think they were trying to piss us off, just for reactions,” said an attendee who asked not to be named. “Because the stuff they were stating was just absurd.”

The speaker told attendees that the land was purchased already and permits obtained for the building.

“He showed pictures of our town with business signs photoshopped into Muslim languages,” Mudge said. “He used many trigger statements like the Muslims would be protected from regular citizens to make sure there were no terror attacks from us.”

Mudge, who attended with her husband, said she and some of the other attendees speculated the purported focus group was going to be used to create a show or documentary about hate toward Muslims using the responses from the meeting.

“They claimed it (the filming) was for the architectural firm that was going to build the mosque,” she said. “We even tried pointing out to those around us to stop playing into the speaker’s hands by responding because it was all a set up. So many members responded with hate, some with blatant racism and a whole lot of ignorance.”

Mudge said she realized the group was fake when the speaker said the Kingman building site was already bought; she drives by the “for sale” signs every day.

Recruitment advertising on local Facebook pages under the name Cory Nicks offered $100 for anyone willing to participate in a community development focus group led by “a community relations representative for a real estate developer,” Mudge said. Residents from Kingman were paid $150 for the inconvenience of being bused to Bullhead City.

“They told us about the film crew when we got to the convention center,” Mudge said. “They didn’t ask us if we wanted to opt out once we found out about the film crew. They told us we couldn’t have our phone. They also had a security guard at the door to scan us with a detector or search any bags/purses we may have had with us.”

Bullhead City Mohave Valley Association of Realtors staff confirmed Clear Meadow Films rented conference space from noon to about midnight on Dec. 12, to record scenes for a reality TV show.

The producers reportedly worked with a third party to find the location.

In an email, Drew Marvick, a Las Vegas filmaker and location manager said, “I personally don’t work for Clear Meadow, I was just contracted to find a location in the Bullhead area that would be suitable for a real estate presentation. I wasn’t even present during the presentation. I simply got the keys from the venue and handed them off. The only contact with anyone I have had since that morning was with the venue telling me that they did a good job cleaning up after themselves so they would be getting their deposit back.”

No one from the production company has yet reclaimed their deposit on the conference room.

A search of Facebook for the account under which the original call for focus group participants was posted did not return any results. The link to the pre-survey taken by participants is no longer active. A participant took screen shots of the original request for participants, which also has been removed from a group where it was posted. The email address associated with the request for participants did not generate a response.

The genesis of the rumor appears to have come from a post made on a private Facebook page and copied to a public group in mid-December. The post included the information that the Safeway Marina Plaza was sold and that $384 million in reconstruction was planned to build a mosque for Muslims relocating to the city.

“It is absolutely not true,” said Frank Venti, owner of Bullhead City Marina Plaza. “Whoever said that is telling a bold-faced lie. Number one, it’s been on the market for a long time. Number two, it has not sold. Number three, there isn’t an offer. Number four, there are long-term leases on national stores there, including Safeway, Dollar Tree, O’Reilly’s and Black Bear restaurant — it’s a great shopping center. So to whoever brought this up, it is totally not credible.”

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

BSam posted:

The cops showing up was perfect. loving hell.

Cops: "We got a calls about suspicious activity here."

Grown man dressed like a 15 year old girl at a quinceanera: "We're unaware."

TheKevman posted:

The weakest scene was the rapper and former politician, by far, but everything else was outstanding.

A weak scene, but that black guy's facial expressions were amazing.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

It's really the off-hand jokes that I find the best about this.

The line about the trash not being recycled was perfect as was the guy's response "I have no issue with the recycled bags. I can understand why you would."

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Lol at the Buffalo Solider bit. I thought he lost it at the 'General Robert Marley' thing but kept it going and it was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Nothing beat the town hall segment for me. In a lot of the other scenes it felt like he had to lead people too much into saying something terrible while the town hall comments were just racists being racist, albeit with a hilariously over the top setup.

• Locked thread