Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lurdiak posted:

:eng101: The scene was filmed with Winston leading people out to safety (because there's only 3 proton packs) but other than a very brief glimpse of him doing that in the background of the scene, it was edited out.

It sounds like they cut so much from GB 2, I keep hearing about new stuff. I don't think I've seen that deleted scenes before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lurdiak posted:

That's because the deleted scenes have never been released, there are no special features of any kind on any release of the movie, not even commentary.

I know there was gonna be way more Ghostbuster Louis Tulley vs Slimer.

Yeah I saw a leaked deleted scene of Louis vs Slimer and others that are bootlegs. I don't get why Sony or whoever actually released the goods. They are clearly out there somewhere.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Who the hell is test firing a proton pack at a barn in the middle of nowhere!? I am assuming it's Ray's family farm they put three mortgages on.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Egon died drilling that hole through his head.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
That doesn't sound very extreme

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

She has every right to be mad. Imagine starring in a beloved comedy and then having the studio remake it and recast it so it was terrible.

Zing!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
For what it's worth my nephew is was like 6 when GB2016 came out and liked it a lot. The older movies didn't hold his interest so much.

I just hope when GB2020 comes out he gets mad that it's not "his Ghostbusters"

That would be sweet.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Winston was always the one I identified with most as a kid, not because he was black, but because he was a regular dude.

I really hope they don't. Leave him out.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I wasn't to see more of the jewelry store they trash with that elaborate trap system in the montage in Ghostbusters 2. That had to be a cut down scene.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dana is a big-time coke head, like her boyfriend that's doing a nasal rinse after the rehearsal.she gets the munchies sometimes.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Sorry, we thought you were someone else.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
My dog rolls in his food and stuff sometimes

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yes, dogs do that and are very silly.

Terror dogs seem quite the opposite.

Nah they are just dogs for some moldy old god

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

roffels posted:

Make him the form of the destructor.

A giant Egon would rule

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Give me the trailer!!!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Literally crying about Ghostbusters

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
did anyone notice the tower of books in egons house?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
How old is egons lovechild? because fin wolfhard is like 15 and appears to be playing around that age. Trying to work out a timeline

Egon has a daughter with a student / moodslime/Janine shortly after GB2. (1990?)

That daughter has fin at age (15?) in 2005.

In 2020 they go broke and move to egons haunted hayride.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Fin is the son of Pete Venkmen and Egons daughter.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

banned from Starbucks posted:

Janine was banging Lewis by GB2.

Why settle for a Jr Ghostbuster/ part time lawyer when you can have a man that collects molds spores and fungus?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Can anyone recommend good toys for kids to bust ghosts with? My nephew is turning 4 and loves ghostbusters. I got him hooked on the moves and the cartoon... He said he wants a pack for his birthday, but they all seem like pretty serious replicas, or inflatable garbage. When I was a kid we had the Real ghostbusters stuff, but I can't find any now.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Those proton packs they had were Very Cool

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
As a child, and today, Winston is my favorite because he was so normal. I could be Winston. He's an everyman that got paid near minimum wage to blow poo poo up and bust ghosts.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The ghosts were for the most part people at one point. Some are demons / entities from other dimensions that take a monster like form.

Gozer being an old God that is pretty pompous decides to let it's victims choose the form of their destruction. Unfortunately for Gozer marshmallow men can melt.

Gozer had previously been chosen to be real scary things with some serious killing power like a Sloar.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
These got posted yesterday, and I gotta say they are pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgDJd22Yobc

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

ALFbrot posted:

gently caress this minion-rear end poo poo, I'm so tired of sequels needing to retread the things you remember from the originals

There's nothing inherently loving supernatural about the marshmallows

Gozer is forever tied to Stay Puft Marshmallows in our dimension due to the choice Ray made on the roof of Dana's apartment.

It's natural that released spirit energy harnessed by Gozer worshipers would seek out a vessel in the image of their master.

Also relax, partner.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The remaster of Ghostbusters just dropped on steam if anyone was waiting for that!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

FunkyAl posted:

Did the new one come out?

Yes

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
BUSTIN BUSTIN BUSTIN BUSTIN BUSTIN

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Violator posted:

Well weren't the Ghostbusters "proven" to be frauds?

Edit: Feel like I'm opening a can of worms here.

You're that little butthead from the birthday party.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

gregday posted:

I don’t think we will get ghost Egon. When has GB ever presented a ghost that wasn’t a baddie?

The runner ghost in Ghostbusters 2 was just training.

I assume most ghosts are either neutral or just annoying, not downright malicious or bad.

Hell the Zombie cab driver was just driving like a typical New Yorker

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Egon would be smart enough to be a ghost unbuster in the afterlife. He would know how to let ghosts out of the containment grid from the inside.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

The_Doctor posted:

Zavvi has 30% off the Spengler proton gun today with code MERCH30.

Thanks for the heads up

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

SolarFire2 posted:

Had to tell an adult Buster that the inflatable pack he was wearing.. Was upside down. It's more common than you think!

Should have made his rear end look in the trap

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Just saw this. I loved it. My wife loved it. Really fun time

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

nemesis_hub posted:

Is the song in it? And if yes, is it used in a cool way or is it just a perfunctory check list thing?

it's in, and used the right way.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

CaptainN posted:

The biggest leap of faith - Would a town that small have a Walmart?

They often build one to kill the small business in town, then monopolize prices
. That is the most realistic part of the movie.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Buncha city slickers ITT unaware of Walmart building a giant Walmart in the sticks, killing all the local businesses, then leaving the town high and dry.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
https://youtu.be/Uc2jXrxI1SU

I'm about to drop a bad amount of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

roffels posted:

I want one of these, but like, once I have it, what do I do with it?

I plan to wear it when handing out candy on Halloween, and playing Ghostbusters with my nephews