Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Well, they'll probably only get to say "gently caress" one time, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Bacon Terrorist posted:

The haunted mannequin sequence in 2016 was probably the spookiest bit.

It was one of the only times anyone in the film (Leslie Jones!) reacted accordingly to what was happening to her character.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Reminded how ... the comics ...

I honestly thought GB2016, against all odds and evidence, was somehow adapting the 88MPH story, but with female Ghostbusters. Which they kind of did. Kind of. If the Ghostbusters hadn't known Draverhaven even existed until murdering him. Which only further legitimizes his (um... The Bellhop's?) claims that people aren't worth saving...

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

banned from Starbucks posted:

I feel bad for ol Ernie. Like the dudes a legit good actor who should be getting actual roles and not just popping up on Twitter or whatever everytime a new GB thing comes along begging for cameo scraps.

It's really sad seeing pictures of him at cons at an empty ghostbuster booth. I guess Morgan Freeman finally reached his "sure I'll play a magician or whatever who the gently caress cares" phase and is more affordable now?

He was really getting into the role of cantankerous police chief on APB before it got cancelled because I was the sole viewer.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
He also might have a degree in History (particularly Egyptology), and be in a loving, committed relationship. Winston, arguably, has more poo poo going on than the rest of the GB combined. But all of the other prospects auditioning is an issue (or mini-series) unto itself so...

The Ecto-2 was an autogyro (in the RGB cartoon) and a modified RV (in the IDW comics). The Ecto-3 was a) some weird unicycle thing that ejected from the Ecto-1, b) a... time-jet... (since re-branded the Ecto-4) and c) a go-kart toy somehow totally separate from the Ecto-Junior that the Junior Ghostbusters drive in RGB.

8one6 posted:

Wait, isn't the Ecto-3 the boat they never used?

That's the Ecto-8 if it's still the one from the game that got them to Shandor Island.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Ghostbusters '16 isn't unwatchable, but I don't hate the idea of forcing Paul Feig to direct a shot-for-shot remake of Nothing But Trouble intended for permanent shelving as penance.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

You don't... actually store your media this way... right?

You have an Egon avatar. Show some respect.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Timby posted:

I'm divorced and I am cramming ten tons of poo poo into a two-pound bag. Shut it.

Nah. That's understandable. What really threw me is the LOTR sets. Two of the three, on the same shelf, shelved completely different from one another. Dogs and cats. Living together. Mass hysteria.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"He gooped me."

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

AndyElusive posted:

I want to see a cut of the movie with this theme spliced in.

https://vimeo.com/563021520

The bridge is kinda neat. The rest is store brand Thompson Twins.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
One of the previous times this discussion happened, I believe it turned out psychiatrists actually could recommend thorazine for patients around the time of production, but Dana having a sizable bottle of the stuff that may or may not require a syringe to dose is still pretty suspect. Venkman carrying some on him just by random happenstance is even more suspect. But, when given the chance, he keeps it in his pants and applies the thorazine to sedate and then not sleep with her. So... who fuckin' knows.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 8, 2021

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I think Basebf has got it. I think there is a quality to Moranis being a shrimpy kinda smaller guy that fits the role better than the bigger John Candy would have. Not to say that Candy would have been bad, and maybe that's just my love for how perfect I think GB84 is, but I agree with the idea that Moranis is still the better pick for the role.

After I heard in the commentary that Candy wanted to play Louis Tully as German and breed Dachshunds or whatever... Rick Moranis was definitely the better choice. For as wild a normal guy as he is, and as wild as he gets to get when he's possessed, Louis grounds the film in the same way Dana does. He's weird, but ultimately harmless, and represents the normalcy that the Ghostbusters are both bucking against and trying to protect.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
At least Maurice LaMarche gets a paycheck, right?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Spores, molds, and fungi.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

CaptainN posted:

The biggest leap of faith - Would a town that small have a Walmart?

Nobody wants a Dollar General sponsorship.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
They had the chance to do something just as personal with Kristen Wiig and just... didn't.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

CelticPredator posted:

I’m looking forward to Evolution: The Second Cycle about the tragic death of Julliane Moore to cancer from the Alien radiation and the son of her and duchovny must team up with Orlando Jones to defeat a alien virus that is trying to kill the whole town. Also Sean William Scott is an old crazy man who yells at the wall bc the whole event melted his brain or something.

Well, I wasn't! But now that you mention it...

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something that I loved from my childhood. Something that would never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay-Puft. The Blowjob Ghost. We used to roast Stay-Puft Marshmallows get blowjobs by the fire at Camp Waconda."

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Dawgstar posted:

And like always wear lederhosen and be followed around by Doberman pinschers or something? That's really more of an SNL character than anything else.

SCTV, but close enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPcdn-e9uIY

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Alan_Shore posted:

Sadly I don't think they're releasing this on VHS

Do the studios want my 80's nostalgia dollars or not?!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It's an incredibly minor nitpick about an otherwise solid opening montage to a tie-in videogame but... what paperwork do the contractors/movers put in Janine's file separator on her desk? Their bills? Janine's first task coming back to work as a liaison between the general public and the world's preeminent paranormal investigators and/or exterminators is accounts payable? She's quit better jobs!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Being fronted by the most Nicolas Cage-rear end Ron Perlman performance certainly doesn't hurt.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
If we're taking modern kids' reactions to 9/11 into account, there would be an upsetting amount of Stay Puft footage deepfaked with Shrek's face and set to All Star.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Fingers crossed, but guaranteed Frozen Empire doesn't have a scene that funny.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I like Rudd, but I find him very hit or miss with his movie choices.

Oh, I do enjoy him in friends too.

I would gladly pay full Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire ticket prices to watch Paul Rudd and Hank Azaria duke it out over Lisa Kudrow's affections.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I really think Kumail wasn't needed at all personally. You could have cut him, he wasn't funny. I really do not get the appreciation for him.

#KumailsBit

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
And just how would you connect with your children then, blasphemer?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Guy A. Person posted:

The idea that DC or the Ninja Turtles or the Muppet extended universe is going to hit the lottery a second time going “oh hey these individuals are going to team up to fight a big scary guy! Again!!!” is really really shortsighted.

Thirty years of middling results has almost scared Disney off of the Muppets, despite it being the best meta-commentary layup they ever stumbled their way into purchasing. Not getting Disney's Muppet Princesses and Disney's The Muppetvengers is a blessing.

At this point, every franchise is Space Jam.