Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.
A friend of mine just got married in Hawaii and decided it would be awesome to film the wedding right in front of the ocean while no one was mic'd. She then reached out to me for help getting her video to sound amazing. I told her it was a long shot but said I'd give it a try. Well, I've tried and failed.

The entire audio clip has waves generating some soothing and lovely white noise in the background and the voices are so buried that they are difficult to distinguish.

I don't know if anyone is a miracle worker here but I'm open to advice or i'm happy to post the audio if anyone wants to take a crack at it.

Things i've tried (using Audacity):
- Create noise profile of waves to remove noise (this works great but it makes the vocals super warbly and barely discernible. Couldn't find the magic mix of settings to prevent this)
- Amplifying the vocals then doing stuff
- Weird EQ profiles (if only waves weren't white noise)
- Compressor fuckery
- Vocal isolation filters

Feel free to offer any suggestions, or if you want to have a crack at it let me know and I'll send you a link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Have you tried uploading it to PhonicMind? It's cloud-based (machine learning) and takes a fee for every file but they give you a free preview to check if you're fine with the results

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Ruffian Price posted:

Have you tried uploading it to PhonicMind? It's cloud-based (machine learning) and takes a fee for every file but they give you a free preview to check if you're fine with the results

Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't heard of that, but gave it a shot. Unfortunately it didn't produce good results. I think it may be too far gone.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Post up the audio and I'll give it a shot. Can't say I can fix it, but I'll try.

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Whale Cancer posted:

Post up the audio and I'll give it a shot. Can't say I can fix it, but I'll try.

Sent you a PM. Thanks for taking a look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

bEatmstrJ posted:

Unfortunately it didn't produce good results.

WELL HOW ABOUT THIS ONE

https://babblelabs.com/products/clear-cloud

More and more of these startups lately. Alternately I'd propose iZotope RX as a conventional solution, but it's also no good with white-noise type, uh, noise.

• Locked thread