Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
this is the thread concept: games that let you take the easy way out, but not without making you pay dearly for it. for example, MGSVs chicken hat, which stops you from getting spotted a few times, at the cost of making you look like a mega dunce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
another example .. crash bandicoot 1s cheat that gave you 105% completion, but it was like 10000 symbols long and probably took an hour to enter assuming you didnt make any mistakes

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

You can steal items from the item shop in Link's Awakening, so you don't have to pay over 900 rupees for the bow, but you are now called THIEF for the rest of the game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kongming posted:

You can steal items from the item shop in Link's Awakening, so you don't have to pay over 900 rupees for the bow, but you are now called THIEF for the rest of the game.

the shop owner also loving kills you with lightning if you ever show your face in there again

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Ninja Gaiden Black had that "Ninja Dog" easy mode that made Ayane ur master instead of apprentice, put her face on the title screen & gave you a pink bow.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

Ninja Gaiden Black had that "Ninja Dog" easy mode that made Ayane ur master instead of apprentice, put her face on the title screen & gave you a pink bow.

lol cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

lmao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

came here to post this

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Yakuza 0 has socks that give you money every step but they meow every step, too.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

hong kong divorce lunch posted:

Yakuza 0 has socks that give you money every step but they meow every step, too.

Lol drat that would be a hard decision in real life

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

the guy who works in a video game sweatshop cant decide if making money from walking is worth listening the meows

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you make at least 25 cents per step I would take the deal.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

If you make at least 25 cents per step I would take the deal.

thats drat good money

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My being naked at work dream after loving up the line except every time I take a step there's a meow.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

My being naked at work dream after loving up the line except every time I take a step there's a meow.

naked except for socks would be how i work everyday at 25c a step

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I smell like tuna fish so I already hear cats meowing everywhere I walk

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
that New Super Mario Bros 2 title screen that wouldn't become shiny if you used a cheap leaf even once, and the internet meltdown of crybabies screaming I WOULDNT HAVE USED IT IF I KNEW THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loving NINTENDO!!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Kongming posted:

:shopkeeper:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In the Splatoon 2 dlc you have to pay credits to attempt levels, and if you run out Pearl's dad calls you and gives you a loan with predatory interest rates.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hong kong divorce lunch posted:

Lol cool

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
armored core 1 has a secret easy mode if you get into too much debt from failing missions. each time you trigger it it resets your character and gives you some sort of really nice new ability (like no weight limit if you go far enough), but you also get a cutscene that rags on your abilities as a mech pilot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZT52oR8Ts0

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in SMT4 you can save/load as much as you want, so if you gently caress up you should generally just reload. but if you die and let it play out you go to a purgatory and the gatekeeper makes you pay a fine of half your money to be revived.

If this happens a couple of times, the gatekeeper recognizes you and goes "Oh no...not you again. Look dude...you wanna just, put this on easy mode? I won't tell anyone"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

extremebuff posted:

in SMT4 you can save/load as much as you want, so if you gently caress up you should generally just reload. but if you die and let it play out you go to a purgatory and the gatekeeper makes you pay a fine of half your money to be revived.

If this happens a couple of times, the gatekeeper recognizes you and goes "Oh no...not you again. Look dude...you wanna just, put this on easy mode? I won't tell anyone"

In FF Legend II whenever you lose a battle you go to Valhalla and Odin revives you to retry. But halfway through the game you kill Odin and can't retry anymore.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

P-Mack posted:

In FF Legend II whenever you lose a battle you go to Valhalla and Odin revives you to retry. But halfway through the game you kill Odin and can't retry anymore.

lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

P-Mack posted:

It’s not halfway, more near the end but yeah that’s crazy and a great mechanic. Makes fighting Arsenal that much worse

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
If you get to Odin without ever dying the fight just starts without him talking to you.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

P-Mack posted:

That’s awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

fa-GYO posted:

If you get to Odin without ever dying the fight just starts without him talking to you.

thats rad haha

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

fa-GYO posted:

I never knew this lol

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Going human/ringing the beckoning bell in dark souls/bloodborne

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

dont you think its the opposite? like being hollow lets you avoid being invaded and stuff, at the cost of making you look like someone left mahatma gandhis coffin out in the sun for a week

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Not following this concept.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

dont you think its the opposite? like being hollow lets you avoid being invaded and stuff, at the cost of making you look like someone left mahatma gandhis coffin out in the sun for a week

dark souls 2 made you look like an ugly pudgy zombie and took away max health if you pussed out of the multiplayer

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Think you may have misunderstood the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

Yeah you're right, that makes more sense

• Locked thread