Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the plank shield being worse than useless in BB isn't exactly the same, but the description is funny

"A crude wooden shield used by the masses who have arisen to join the hunt.
Hunters do not normally employ shields, ineffectual against the strength of the beasts as they tend to be.
Shields are nice, but not if they engender passivity."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Quite thrilling.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The trpg Valkyrie profile for the DS had a mechanic where you could turn a character into an unstoppable hulk that assrapes everything on the map but at the cost of the character dying forever at the end of the battle and doing so affects which ending you will get (the worst ending is if you kill everyone)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That game was awesome and it was cool to see that narrative reveal at the end since i thought the game was crazy easy by sacrificing one unit per level.

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
If you pick easy mode in the original Valkyrie Profile it just locks you out of all the dungeons that have puzzles.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

When games say 'lol you loving suck' after failing too hard on normal so they unlock easy, ala DMC3. Or when they lowkey start making it easier and genning more drops for you ala RE4.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Fire Emblem and other SRPGs do a thing where they give you a starting unit that's really strong but levels up extra slow. So you can use it as a noob crutch but it hurts you long term cause your other guys could make better use of the xp.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Street Fighter Alpha 2 block of cheese icon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Street Fighter Alpha 2 block of cheese icon

Lol

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Having Otacon on the snowmobile with you at the end of MGS cuz you couldn't handle the torture sequence is pretty great.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

My friend used to call me cheese in Street Fighter 2 and we both started hysterically laughing when we played alpha 2 and they put in an actual cheese badge of shame

Then when we got big into smash bros he said using the c stick for smash moves was cheesy and I said how so and he said "it's got a huge loving C on it and it's yellow" lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

My friend used to call me cheese in Street Fighter 2 and we both started hysterically laughing when we played alpha 2 and they put in an actual cheese badge of shame

Then when we got big into smash bros he said using the c stick for smash moves was cheesy and I said how so and he said "it's got a huge loving C on it and it's yellow" lol

lol

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
playing Earthworm Jim on "Practice Mode" gets you this ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0DagHVOapU

which at first mocks you and seems super loving lame, but is actually loving hilarious and kind of educational

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Blind Sally posted:

playing Earthworm Jim on "Practice Mode" gets you this ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0DagHVOapU

which at first mocks you and seems super loving lame, but is actually loving hilarious and kind of educational
This was way cooler when I didn't realize I had the video muted.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lol oh yeah, one of the game creators reads out the whole thing

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

sector_corrector posted:

armored core 1 has a secret easy mode if you get into too much debt from failing missions. each time you trigger it it resets your character and gives you some sort of really nice new ability (like no weight limit if you go far enough), but you also get a cutscene that rags on your abilities as a mech pilot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZT52oR8Ts0

This was a neat thing.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Metal Gear 2 will give you rations and more Ammo if you die too much.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Cave Story makes your character have yellow clothes if you play on easy.

devil may cry 1 never lets you toggle off easy mode on a file once you pick it.

streets of rage 3 skips the last couple levels on easy.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 30, 2018

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

The Twisted Metal games had real sonofabitch AI.

• Locked thread