Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

listen, if bikes can have overflow tubes that vent onto the street them I should be able to as well

e: oh no the worst page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Steakandchips posted:

I just spray one puff of chainlube on the exposed bit of chain on my Honda after every ride. Death by a thousand cuts.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have no idea what sort of hosed up stuff made him think that was ok. We rode together once and he just got frustrated with my way too frequent 120mi gas stops so we never rode together after that.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

No, ffs, enduro riders have been using condom type catheters for a long time now. It's not one you insert.

I mean I don't know about your acquaintance, but non-medical catheters are a pretty common thing for sports like distance sea kayaking, hang gliding/parasailing, flying, etc where you can't just stop for a minute and take a leak in the bushes.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

No, ffs, enduro riders have been using condom type catheters for a long time now. It's not one you insert.

I mean I don't know about your acquaintance, but non-medical catheters are a pretty common thing for sports like distance sea kayaking, hang gliding/parasailing, flying, etc where you can't just stop for a minute and take a leak in the bushes.

I understood these were called "Texas caths" but on reflection that might possibly be a regionalism, in the exact same way a "Texas mickey" is a 3L bottle of booze that comes with its own tilting cradle

(A "mickey", of course, being 375ml)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Maybe it was a condom type? I assumed medical catheter and didnt ask any follow up questions lol

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
I can’t imagine it being the internal style cath while bouncing around on the saddle of a drat motorcycle.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Revvik posted:

I can’t imagine it being the internal style cath while bouncing around on the saddle of a drat motorcycle.

nevermind a crash. loving ouch.

Precisely. To use an insertable medical device would be insane. Though it would seem on brand for this person.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Now I'm just thinking about the "when I cath" cowboy from Last Week Tonight.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Martytoof posted:

listen, if bikes can have overflow tubes that vent onto the street them I should be able to as well

Wait now hang on I think we might have something here.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

“A biker finds a motorcycle at an old mechanic shop that has a hole in the seat so you can poo poo through it while riding. He has to keep it a secret because all the guys in his iron butt club would want to poo poo through it”

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 15, 2020

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

There’s an awful lot of grease on this chain for some rea—:magical:

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Why do you always go to cracker barrel before our long rides, Travis?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

“A biker finds a motorcycle at an old mechanic shop that has a hole in the seat so you can poo poo through it while riding. He has to keep it a secret because all the guys in his iron butt club would want to poo poo through it”

You know some truckers that run teams cut a hole in the floor so they can poo poo while they roll, right?

It's usually too damned close to the driveline, or the rear catwalk that's also over the driveline.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I didn’t know that and now you’ve given me another good reason to fear semi trucks while on the bike

It’s bad enough getting hit with garbage water if you wind up behind a garbage truck.....

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Owned myself as the PO of my tiger and after 25k wow are my headstock bearings trash

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

There was a real brief clip in a Dakar interview a year or two back where the interviewer saw the catheter poking out next to the rider's boot and reached down and flipped it around with his finger and says something like "Your water tube slipped, huh?" and the rider doesn't acknowledge it at all.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I just figured the guy was into sounding and this gave him an excuse

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

There was a real brief clip in a Dakar interview a year or two back where the interviewer saw the catheter poking out next to the rider's boot and reached down and flipped it around with his finger and says something like "Your water tube slipped, huh?" and the rider doesn't acknowledge it at all.

I wonder if the interviewer ever realized and later had an 'Oh god. Ohmygod i didn't actually...' moment.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Is there any street bike (other than minibikes like the Grom) with a gas tank smaller than the RC390? They claim 10 L (2.64 gal) which includes a 1.5 L (0.4 gal) reserve (so 8.5 L (2.25 gal) of use before the fuel light comes on) but it takes more like 1.8 gal when the reserve light comes on.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
That's so much gas. What do you do with all that extra gas? 2.25 gal of riding before reserve? WR250x had a 2 gallon tank that was part of the reason I sold it. 70 mile range is unforgivable. I think the new kawi sumo has a 2 gal tank, too.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

:lol: my wr250r had a whopping 1.9G of fuel. That thing always had the low fuel light on after modding it and dropping it's like 70mpg down towards 50-55mpg.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
DRZ’s were like 2.1 I think?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

The fuel light on my FZ-10 would come on ~90 miles lol

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
I seriously want to put a larger gas tank on the RC but no one appears to make one.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

On the autobahn, my fuel light goes on after just one hour on my SV. Turns out, it'll consume 10L/100km on full throttle.

I gotta plan my tank stops when/if i am going for a ride from Amsterdam to Berlin. Might make sense to drop down to 160-170km/h if it means fewer gas stops.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Yuns posted:

I seriously want to put a larger gas tank on the RC but no one appears to make one.

I got you.

Step one.

Step two.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

builds character posted:

I got you.

Step One: Buy an auxiliary tank that you can mount somewhere on your bike

Step Two: Buy a catheter

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Does a bigger tank from one of the other 390 platforms fit?

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Coydog posted:

Does a bigger tank from one of the other 390 platforms fit?

negative, the RC390 uses a different frame than the duke / adv, so even if you were to hack up your fairings, there is no guarantee that the tank would even "fit"

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The tank is also the ECU holder so there's that as well.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

The obvious solution to endurance rides is to genetically modify yourself so you piss gasoline.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Been meaning to replace the cush rubbers in the Hawk for a long time. 8 months ago it felt like I had a loose chain, but the chain was fine, so it must be the cush. I kept putting it off because I barely ride due to the pandemic and I hate working on bikes.

Today it was time to get it done, and I was actually afraid that the cush rubbers would be similar condition to my new replacements, making the job a waste of time. This is what I found upon opening the casing. :stare:

Feeling how snug the new rubbers made everything, I cannot wait to take it for a ride.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
welp

I obviously never got around to it either - let's blame the PPO

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Those rubbers died decades ago and their greenish ashes have been spread across America :rip:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:stonk:

I’m astonished that the webbing didn’t break from the sprocket drive slamming back and forth against the hub for what sounds like years.

That’s gonna feel like a whole new bike

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
this just puts me further in the "cush drive doesnt do poo poo" camp.

but i still cant decide on my warp9 wheels for da 501

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Razzled posted:

this just puts me further in the "cush drive doesnt do poo poo" camp.

but i still cant decide on my warp9 wheels for da 501

Please put a solid hub wheel on it and test your theory for science.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
it already has one, and so does the drz lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lol my Hawk was the exact same. The PO must have cranked down the axle nut like a gorilla so it felt fine on the test ride. After a couple of months with the bike I was coming down out of the Sierra Nevada and it let loose and suddenly there was 40 degrees of slop between the sprocket and the wheel engagement. With help from a very friendly Patriot Guard rider passing the gas station I got the nut cranked down enough again to make the last hundred miles home. When I took it apart a few days later there was no sign of the cush rubbers whatsoever, just that same green powder.