Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

And here I feel bad for losing one of three screws for my right headlight assembly when I was changing the bulb, and not bothering to get a new one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

When I fix wires, I replace all the wires with whatever I have lying around. Since I work in aviation, this is usually M22759/16 unadorned white wire. So yeah, all the wires might be factory-colored in the middle of the harness, but the last foot or two after the environmental splice is white.

I can't even hate on this, it's amazing

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Dumb question but I'll go for it anyway - do I really need JIS screwdrivers for a Japanese bike that's fuel injected? It seems like people mostly complain about using the wrong screwdrivers on carbs. I also saw someone claiming you could use a Wera lasertip screwdriver (phillips) and it'd be fine, but I can't imagine that's a good idea (but I do have a Wera set).

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Right after I posted that I realized I could get a 4" light duty impact Vessel driver and a Vessel stubby for $30, which seemed a lot more reasonable than the sets I was looking at on some other specialty site. I absolutely hate dealing with stripped screws so I just ordered the drivers. I've rarely regretted buying more tools anyway, except for the odd Harbor Freight purchase.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

That's good to hear, I looked at a cheap set of Hozans first but the reviews were so universally bad I didn't even bother trying them out.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I ran out of gas for the first time ever yesterday (car or bike). I knew I was low on gas but I spent too long hanging out after our ride yesterday and I was running late getting home and tried to chance it. I was only 0.6 miles away, but up a steep hill so I couldn't push the bike. At least now I have a gas can.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

drat I'm going to have two posts in this thread in a row. I'm usually pretty good at chain maintenance but I got lazy recently because I didn't think I had been riding that much. The shop that installed my tires told me my chain was too loose and adjusted it for me, and I can actually feel the difference taking off from a stop, oops.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Are these the same kind of catheters you'd get in the hospital? If so, why???????? I had one in the hospital and just rolling over in my sleep would wake me up with searing pain along my urethra because oh look, someone jammed something the size of an In-N-Out straw all the way up my dick. I'd rather wear a diaper or just piss myself.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I just figured the guy was into sounding and this gave him an excuse

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I didn't know that was even possible

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Somehow the cush drives on my meth gixxer appeared to be in fine shape, and I don't understand how that's possible. Maybe a shop putting on new tires convinced a PO it was absolutely necessary as I can't imagine they can last 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

That's surprising to hear but I'll take it, I thought time alone would degrade the rubber