Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

My chain needs tightened and I've had a socket for the axle nut in my Amazon shopping cart for three months.

My front turn signals are lovely flush-mount two-wire eBay specials installed by the PO. Stock signals are three-wire, one of which being the running lights. I resolved the running lights by terminating them and leaving the (covered) ends of the wires near the lights on the inside of the fairing. They will remain that way for as long as I own the bike.

My rear brake squeaks loudly at certain spots on the rotor while dragging the brake at low speeds and I'm not sure I care enough to ever fix it. I've tried grease on the backs of the pads and actually properly torqueing the caliper and welp emotionally checked out.

I have a new front tire leaning against a wall in my office. It's been there a year.

One of the screws for my exhaust insert is rounded off and only partially screwed in and will likely never be removed by me.

I don't know how old the brake fluid is, and I intend to wait until it's the color of Yuengling.

I rarely wear bike jeans on my commute anymore.

Edit: Oh yeah, CCT needs replaced. Never gonna happen.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Slavvy posted:

I'd have guessed you're the average gn250 owner but you said fairings so Ninja 250?
Hah, I once owned a Ninja 250. F4i now though.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

hooo boy yeah
Replace your tire, those things have a shelf life. And fix your chain and do your brakes. You probably need new lines too.

And if you don't know how old your fluid is, it's already the color of lovely beer.
Yeah, I jumped the gun on buying a new tire before the old one really warranted replacing so now it's a matter of hitting the intersection of effort/weather. The current tire is still fine in the mean time.

Just replaced f/r brake pads, sound didn't go away (or started after I replaced them, I can't remember now :v: ). The brakes function perfectly other than the noise.

Brake fluid looks fine in the sight glass, but that'll likely happen next summer. Lines.... :effort:

Edit: Made an appointment for the tire (and having them adjust the chain while the bike is there), I thought this was a safe space t:mad:

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 16, 2018

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

It's a SAFETY space.
S, s, s, s.

Phy posted:

I guess your bike really

brakes the mold
:suicide:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

That would be awesome and hilarious if torque wrenches worked that way. Tighten till it loosens.