Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

My bike is filthy as all hell. Any time I take it out I think "Oh yeah, I should wash it when I get back..." but once I get back I'm like "Meh I'll do it later...". Repeat for every ride since riding season started in April.

I've also meant to change the oil and filter since the start of the season. Not because it needs to be changed, but because I told myself I'd change it at the start of every season. I've just been putting it off, excusing myself with "Well it doesn't NEED to be changed..."

I also have a screw embedded in the rear tire. It holds air, but I expect it's just a matter of time before it pops out and leaves me stranded at the side of the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Oh yeah, in the 6 years I've owned this bike I've never changed the brake fluid or coolant either.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I torque the oil sump plug to a medium grunt.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I assumed the small torque wrench I got was one of the clicky types so the first time I used it I kept twisting waiting for the click.

Turns out it's the kind where the handle just kind of bends when you hit the right torque and I hadn't noticed. Fortunately I didn't ruin anything and just undid the bolt and retightened it to the right torque.