Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

clutchpuck posted:

I check tire pressure by kicking the tires on the middle of the tread and feeling for the right rebound

Same. Except I just push on the center of the tire.

I never wash my bikes. I at best wipe them down with Honda polish

I also don’t always change my oil before winter. Sometimes I don’t get around to it :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just lol if your idle isn’t set to redline.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

I thought i had loose spark plugs so I bought a harbor freight torque wrench, visegripped a socket to my bench, and used two gallon jugs of water (16.7 lb) hanging 1' from the axis to calibrate it around that point (it was quite off from the factory). Does work great for the plugs though as they need about 18 ft-lb

GriszledMelkaba posted:

what the gently caress this rules

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Turn the power down on your toaster, jeez

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Same. Thanks Ford!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

When I fix wires, I replace all the wires with whatever I have lying around. Since I work in aviation, this is usually M22759/16 unadorned white wire. So yeah, all the wires might be factory-colored in the middle of the harness, but the last foot or two after the environmental splice is white.

Triggered

Extremely accurate username/post combo

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How do you tighten it without it loosening the other side.

Ducati what the gently caress.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I would immediately red loctite one side and only ever deal with the other one.

You know, to make it like literally every other bike ever manufactured.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Aw yiss

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dagen H posted:

*strips out M6 thread*

*rethreads it 1/4-28*

Holy gently caress

You monster :catstare:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

This sounds like PO Things

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Been there. Pos always forget to hammer over the lock washer.

Not me, I hammer over all 6 flats of the nut

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I was joking haha. One flap is perfectly fine, your PO probably just didn’t do any at all.

I’ve never seen one flat let go of a nut ever

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Galaxy brain: tack weld the nut to the sprocket

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sprocket change = transmission replacement. This checks out :hmmyes:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Renaissance Robot posted:

Why is this even a feature???

Some sort of endurance racing thing I think. It’s a carryover from the E model

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I used to work with a guy who was a hardcore iron butt dude. Like “has strong opinions on different brands of catheters” hardcore.

He rigged a rear tank on the rack of his concours 14 that fed into his main tank. He could turn the flow on and off to essentially refill the main tank while riding. Fighter jet style.

He claims with his catheter in and a camelback loaded up he could go 600 miles at a time. No idea how accurate that is but :wtc:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah it’s super dumb but that’s the iron butt life bro

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have no idea what sort of hosed up stuff made him think that was ok. We rode together once and he just got frustrated with my way too frequent 120mi gas stops so we never rode together after that.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Maybe it was a condom type? I assumed medical catheter and didnt ask any follow up questions lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

“A biker finds a motorcycle at an old mechanic shop that has a hole in the seat so you can poo poo through it while riding. He has to keep it a secret because all the guys in his iron butt club would want to poo poo through it”

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 15, 2020

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I didn’t know that and now you’ve given me another good reason to fear semi trucks while on the bike

It’s bad enough getting hit with garbage water if you wind up behind a garbage truck.....

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

builds character posted:

I got you.

Step One: Buy an auxiliary tank that you can mount somewhere on your bike

Step Two: Buy a catheter

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:stonk:

I’m astonished that the webbing didn’t break from the sprocket drive slamming back and forth against the hub for what sounds like years.

That’s gonna feel like a whole new bike

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

.........is the rubber actually green?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Well that explains that