Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

I was carrying a record player on my luggage rack today. I made sure it was tightly strapped down. Like 'with a lot of effort you could just about force your finger under the straps' tight.

Almost at my destination, i hear 'Beep. Beep'. The record player is now unstrapped, just sitting there, with the straps waving in the wind.

The gently caress. How?!

I can only think of two places where i got a big bump, which is at a railroad crossing and at a speed hump. Between that and the guy notifying me, there were like 10 minutes of gentle highway riding. How did it not get blown off?! Hell, how did it not fall off in the 15ish seconds between the guy notifying me and me finding a safe place to stop?

Anyway, stopped in the bus lane, pulled out an extra strap so now only the Hulk could rip it off, and safely got to my destination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

There was a real brief clip in a Dakar interview a year or two back where the interviewer saw the catheter poking out next to the rider's boot and reached down and flipped it around with his finger and says something like "Your water tube slipped, huh?" and the rider doesn't acknowledge it at all.

I wonder if the interviewer ever realized and later had an 'Oh god. Ohmygod i didn't actually...' moment.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

On the autobahn, my fuel light goes on after just one hour on my SV. Turns out, it'll consume 10L/100km on full throttle.

I gotta plan my tank stops when/if i am going for a ride from Amsterdam to Berlin. Might make sense to drop down to 160-170km/h if it means fewer gas stops.