Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I've never washed a single bike I've ever owned. I wipe off all the loose dust with a microfiber cloth, get the bugs off with some Honda polish, and that's enough for me. Chain gunk on the swingarm and other accumulated bullshit on the undercarriage gets Simple Greened once a year. If it's covered in grease it won't rust, right?

Doesn't particularly matter what oil the manufacturer calls for, chances are it's gonna get Rotella T6 in it. It might even be the right weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Dagen H posted:

*strips out M6 thread*

*rethreads it 1/4-28*

On the behalf of your bike's next owner, gently caress YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Renaissance Robot posted:

Wrench was set to 128Nm, struggled to make it click (though it did) even giving it everything I had with both arms. Don't really know how much harder I can tighten it!

After converting your sensible SI units to Freedom units - that's less than 100ft-lbs. Chances are you weigh more than that. Try to get the torque wrench in a horizontal position so you're pushing down on it, lock your arms, and bring your body weight to bear. Might not work well if you don't have a center stand or good front chock.

Failing that, buy a bigger torque wrench with a longer handle.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Renaissance Robot posted:

Why is this even a feature???

Designed by the same engineer who decided a meter that counts UP from when you hit reserve is a good idea, vs counting DOWN towards an empty tank.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

MomJeans420 posted:

Are these the same kind of catheters you'd get in the hospital? If so, why???????? I had one in the hospital and just rolling over in my sleep would wake me up with searing pain along my urethra because oh look, someone jammed something the size of an In-N-Out straw all the way up my dick. I'd rather wear a diaper or just piss myself.

I straight up can't imagine ever doing ANYTHING that requires telling myself "you won't have time to stop and take a leak, gotta shove a tube up your dick." Did dude have a fetish or something?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
welp

I obviously never got around to it either - let's blame the PPO

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

When I took it apart a few days later there was no sign of the cush rubbers whatsoever, just that same green powder.

who knew, Honda cush rubbers are actually made of compressed matcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Ulf posted:

(I’m guessing the hawk isn’t built like I’m used to, in one of those pics it looks like the sprocket assembly is outside the swingarm?)

The Hawk has a single-sided swingarm like a VFR. The wheel bolts to a hub assembly on the throttle side of the swingarm, and the cush drive assembly goes on the clutch side of the swingarm (instead of fitting into the rear wheel like you're used to). Removing the rear wheel does not also require removing the cush hub or chain; they stay in place.