Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
My new levers have a 2 pin clutch switch and the stock Kawi one is 3 pin. I unbolted the microswitch from the old broken lever and just hung it off the left control pod pigtail thing until I get around to rewiring it. LOW ENERGY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I thought i had loose spark plugs so I bought a harbor freight torque wrench, visegripped a socket to my bench, and used two gallon jugs of water (16.7 lb) hanging 1' from the axis to calibrate it around that point (it was quite off from the factory). Does work great for the plugs though as they need about 18 ft-lb

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Most of the things I use my HF torque wrench for is in the 15-20 ft-lb range, so I recalibrated it by clamping a socket in a vise, hanging two gallons of water (8.35 lb apiece) a foot from the ratchet head, and adjusting it so that it broke right when it read about 16.7 on the knob. Seems to work fine in that general region.