Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Squibbles posted:

Also I think I read the freighter missions are system dependent. So if you find one that gives a frigate module, if you do the mission again in that same system it will give you the same reward.

Excited to hear this, definitely going to check it out because..

Squibbles posted:

You can also get them from shooting the cargo pods on frigates sometimes. If you fly up to a frigate you can see the contents of their cargo holds. If you see that it has a frigate module just shoot it and run. Blowing up the cargo pods on a frighter doesn't cost you reputation unlike when you blow up the ones floating around the freighter for whatever reason. They nerfed the drop rate a lot though so it's kinda rare to find the modules now.

Yeah, I've noticed I can't find anything but the new loot like prismatic feathers, comet droplets, etc as well as gold and magnetized ferrite and stuff but no salvaged frigate modules since last patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Is there a good way to get Salvaged Frigate Modules any more? They stopped being so frequent to find in random freighter fleets. I really need to get a bunch to upgrade my freighter tech.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Thanks all. The duplication glitch is something I didn't even know about and probably won't use except for things like this. Seriously, these things are hard to come by now.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Hell yeah, getting turned around and semi-lost on my freighter. But teleporting back to it is the update I've needed for a long time.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Has anyone else had any visual "jankyness" gong on since the update? Playing on PS5 earlier and it was noticeable. Tried to play last night on PS4 and it was so bad I stopped playing after 10 minutes. Just a lot of HUD visuals popping in and out of the horizon as I'm flying near the surface on a a planet.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Anyone having trouble with their freighter trade terminals? I can't interact with any on any save since this update.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Anyone else having the game crash more often lately? Happened last night during a playthrough and it crashed to the main screen. It crashed 4 more times before I finally got it to load the save file I wanted to play. Then another save file I was playing earlier today crashed. Playing on PS5.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Rick posted:

I love this poo poo.

I actually had trouble making money in this game for a long time and someone doing this got me kickstarted into money being a factor of time rather than effort.

I try to play Santa Claus and give away high space-dollar items to other travellers from time to time. Too frequently their inventory is full and cannot accept it.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Spanish Matlock posted:

You can also just claim the ship, set it to your ship at the nexus or your freighter, warp to the space station, and sell it that way.

This is exactly what I do. Don't even bother repairing the launcher. Just make sure your working ship is nearby when you claim the broken one or you'll be stuck with having to repair it just to leave the planet.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Holy hell new space station I just visited is cool as poo poo. One side has multiple levels, everything has been moved but it is buggy as hell. With some of the vendors, it won't let me purchase anything. New ship builder will be awesome but it looks like everything needs to be cleaned up a bit. On screen selections are "ui_ship_tab_scientific" instead of whatever it is meant to be.

E: this is way late but just realized it's my first ever snipe, so :synpa:

Savage Bliss fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 29, 2024

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Libluini posted:

Aww man, this made me excited but turns out the bug doesn't happen on PS5, all my tech upgrade prices are completely normal. No big nanite boost for me, it seems.

PS5 user here. It worked for me. You have to SELL the vendor one of your tech mods. Then you get a ridiculously high number of nanites.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

How much variation is there now when it comes to space station interiors? That was the one thing I always disliked but it sounds like this is now 'solved' with procgen? Or is it still just a number of prefabs?

I went to 3 stations, picking one each of the Gek, Korvax and Vykeen. They were all noticeably different from one another. Not sure if they did anything with the Anomoly.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Libluini posted:

Tried this, 3-4 times. Each time, I just got the completely normal amount of nanites back.

Edit: In fact, because I've been buying and then selling tech mods multiple times, I'm steadily losing nanites. :shepface:

Thats odd that it didn't work. I'm going to try it again later tonight with one of my other saves and see if it works there or not.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Yeah, I just had another patch downloaded and the nanite glitch is no more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

woah, just realized you can summon/switch your ships in a space station now. Unless that has been there a while?