Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Burns posted:

Another bug. The little puzzles at transmission towers are always the same
Abandoned bases always have the same line of dialogue.

As far as I can tell crashed freighters all have the same distress log, at least of the ~5 or so I’ve seen so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

limaCAT posted:

You can downgrade uranium to ferrite as well and you can also convert Iron scrap to ferrite dust.

You can but the scrap to dust conversion rate is like 5:1, for 150 scrap + fuel you get the same amount of dust as mining like 2 small rocks

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

cubicle gangster posted:

Speaking of suit upgrades - I found and exosuit upgrade, and the material requirement to unlock it was loving ridiculous. Never heard of them, none for sale. Need 3 different ones. Nms v1 you just walked up and took it.

You can buy exo suit upgrades from space stations now

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

How’s the psvr quality

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Am I still supposed to ignore the first free freighter I’m offered? Will I still get free freighter opportunities later?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ssthalar posted:

What's the easiest way to find a portal again?

Anomaly

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

if theres multiple corrupted planets in the same system do they all generate the same ship or is the design unique per planet?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Note that you can do the entirety of the overseer base stuff from a freighter now too if you don't have anywhere you want to build an actual base yet

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My problem with permadeath mode is that the deaths are never due to exposure/running out of oxygen/sentinel combat, but rather things like trying to land the ship before a tree has fully loaded and getting trapped inside it before exploding

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The trading goods, the stuff that's priced so low when you buy it and the game is basically saying "sell this somewhere else for an insane profit".... Is there a way to tell where someone would be who wants those and would be willing to pay way over market price for them? It feels like a crapshoot, so I assumed it was but if there's a system (heh) to it, I'd love to know.

Each type of economy sells its goods high to one specific other type of economy: Power sells to Mining, Minining sells to Manufacturing, Manufacturing sells to Tech, and Tech sells to Power; then separately Science sells to Trading, Trading sells to Materials, and Materials sells to Science

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

oh gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

When editing your Freighter Base loadout, is there a way to add like a vertical column or vertical hatch? Or is everything confined to a flat grid layout?