Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

So what time is the patch expecting to drop? I kinda want to break the game by having a fleet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Harminoff posted:

Didn't gog never get the orb multiplayer either?

I play this game on GoG and it did have orbs

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

This was cool to load into the first time, those clouds where racing across my screen and changing

Than I died during startup as it was a heated, not breathable wasteland :v:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

cheesetriangles posted:

Apparently GOG copies of NMS aren't getting next until later in the year.

Sean to GOG players: get hosed.

False, I am on GOG and I have next

it also has multiplayer since I was given an option to base share and enter is a chat box

Whoever you are getting your information from you should probably stop trusting that :smug:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I found this little gem during my welfare freighters first jump

The rest of the system is as lifeless as its one planet, which has been tagged as abandoned

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

All you guys posting pictures of nice places, and this is the stuff I get

Seriously though, I haven't found a single paradise or tropical planet so far.

Heads up for those who are going through the atlas rising questline/awakening for the first time, things will get stranger than that planet

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

So I found my first new ruin with the ancient keys, while I was hunting them under the ground I found structures underground and decided to try and excavate the entire ruin

After using up all my ferrite this is how far I got, its pretty drat big :negative:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I too just got the freighter bug where its warpdrive while being full of fuel, is still considered empty by the game, :rip: my easy ride across the galaxy

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

theblackw0lf posted:

Man how long does the Polo "raise one of your milestone levels, wait two hours, rinse repeat" go for? I now have to kill a certain level of starships

I want to start the base building quests.

I assume this eventually leads to base building.

Those are just repeatable milestone quests, follow the Artemis and Apollo ones instead

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also I feel like they hosed the allure of that quest like. Before the anomaly was a random encounter as you traveled. So by the time you saw it you’d have a good chunk of exploring and milestones done. Now it just shows up every couple of hours when you have the quest selected and scan.

That I did not know of, I thought it would just spawn the next time you have more milestones to trade in outside of the main quest line so to speak

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So just found out that the freighter questline is a little more involved. After you get your freighter you need to talk to the navigator who should give you a quest to build the command center. Apparently you also need to go inspect the frigate to start a secondary quest to inspect it and learn the recipe for fuel.

This only works or triggers on the system you took possession of your freighter. So if you missed it and don’t remember there’s apparently no way at all to learn that stupid recipe.

So yeah, that’s a fun thing to learn now.

If you mean the fuel to send Frigates out on missions. I some how learned they automatically, I also had no idea one could land on a Frigate and so it should be dead, but there is nothing to repair by just how badly some of the mission debriefs go :shrug:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Macaluso posted:

They need to go back to the loving drawing board with the sentinels. I should not be being punished for loving mining rocks. Have them protect really valuable things, otherwise they shouldn't exist.

The sentinels are basically a automated wildlife protection mainframe in the story you later find out, so they do their job to a T, you just kinda get used to them from those of use who have played for awhile

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I found a 'columed' planet and my ship UI was freaking out like in the later stages of the next main quest

This thing is aparently a very hostile....living rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Another way to make money is to get the discovery scanner upgrades that increase the reward for scanning things, fit your starter tool as this and have a second tool be your real one, its probably easier and more reliable than finding planets with certain deposits, after that you can do and get into industry and the likes