Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Elite Dangerous needs to "borrow" the alien procgen system from NMS, those balloon aliens are amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I've been working my way through the Omega Expedition, apparently black holes are a big buggy, if you find one and it dosent warp you log out and go to another system with one and it should work.
I like how you get a free giant stompy robot for one of the milestone rewards.

Also giant space jelly?

At least I found a nice lookin frigate....

So Im wondering do you get to pick what ship you use in other expeditions if you have unlocked a few?

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Stare-Out posted:

The multi-tool and ship will be options at the Anomaly no matter what, but yeah getting a sentinel ship is one of the milestones and the multitool you spawn with will get the job done aside from the sentinel ship milestone because you need a mining laser upgrade to get radiant shards to unlock the sentinel ship, but you can buy that with nanites.

Basically what I'd recommend to bring over to the expedition is like 200 of every type of ferrite, 100 cadmium, condensed carbon, cobalt, sodium, a solar mirror and a pre-packaged advanced mining laser just to save time and effort.

Trying to find the mirrors for the Sentinel ship is a real pisser

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

MikeyTsi posted:

Just use the signal booster or get a map and find a minor settlement. The dealer there will regularly have at least one or two solar mirrors for sale.

Some really nice people in the community expeditions are putting down message orbs, so I finally found one that way.
Say hello to the ISS Horrible Light

LIke I said, people have been putting message orbs down....

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Welp finished and got my shiny new ship, I prefer the Sentinel Interceptor over this honestly.

My next goal is capturing a Rogue Dreadnought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

MikeyTsi posted:

I'm annoyed that it doesn't actually hover.

It actually does when you land, it dosent have landing gear instead it has this cool plasma lightning field underneath.