Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I've been playing in Creative and dicking around uploading finds so I never worried about combat. When I switched over to my barely-played Normal mode to give that a shot, I think I broke the game when I ran into a ruin and a bunch of angry Sentinels.

All I did was hide like a coward when it reached threat level four. For some reason, the Sentinels didn't start the search timer forever, so I assume the Walker was just blasting poo poo like crazy above-ground. When i finally dug far enough down to get the timer to start, this was what I came up to. Those are all Walker Brains.

Granted, I didn't have nearly enough cargo to carry it, but I still got like 5M from it. Which ultimately didn't matter since I did the first Anomaly welcome and some dude was just handing out 30M of items to everyone that was zoning in. Thanks, random S-class dude. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Arghy posted:

Yeah the game is really poorly designed in terms of punishing you, sents won't follow you inside buildings and have a hard time finding you underground. They'll also go away in space when you visit a station or a freighter so go ham and shoot up freighters in space for frigate modules then just dock without repercussions

Yeah, I was having fun with the fights but as a newbie, I definitely don't have a ton of mods to fight like Rank 4 poo poo, so I just hid.

I just thought it was funny coming up above ground again going "Wait, I don't think there's supposed to be this many barrels wait they're worth how much?!"

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Spent like four hours trying to do the save scum thing for an S-class freighter and didn't realize the first free one offered is always a regular freighter, not a capital. Declined the first one, dicked around with Anomaly quests for a bit, did two reloads for the second freighter, and welp...

eSporks posted:

How do you get the living ships?

Do quests in the Anomaly for Quicksilver then buy a Void Egg for 3,200. Should take a few weeks to save up that much, but then it'll give you a questline to follow.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Devor posted:

Reminder that you can summon exocraft from the start, so don't be dumb like me and grind everything out on foot at first.

Goddammiiiiiiit

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I had fun with it, and the final planet you land on was gorgeous. But, I can definitely see where people can get frustrated. Thankfully, it seems like each expedition has been fairly different and focused on various parts of the game, so if you didn't like this one, there's nothing indicating you wouldn't like the next one.

I do wonder how much of the negative response is because of bugs as opposed to content, though. I had lots of bases spawning on top of my base, the photo mode didn't freeze my pets while I was riding them, etc. It does seem like one of the buggier patches overall, and it's a bit hard to separate that experience from the expedition as a whole.

I can't say I had a bad time overall, though. It seemed like a nice way to speedrun a new save and get a ton of modules/tech that would have taken significantly longer and at more expense than just running through the expo. I do hope the final reward is available in the anomaly on my "main" save, though, since I don't anticipate picking up this file again for a good while and I like the pet a lot.

Looking forward to the Silver Fighter on Monday, too.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
8GB update just went out. Sean always posts the cowboy right before the full details so should be up soon

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

quote:

12 Ship Garage

I'm sold

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I just had a 2GB patch go out on the Experimental build. Patch notes says it fixed a crash, but dunno if it's the same issue or an unrelated one.

Took me about 3 hours to do the expedition. Mountain planet was the worst one, especially if your camp doesn't end up being close to any of the items you have to collect for the recipe one, but overall not too bad.

I'll also say again that I hate Aggressive Sentinel planets, and forcing you to do them is awful. I am perfectly fine never having combat in my normal save ever again.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1643599380531023874

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Yeah, they're extremely rad.

Not a huge fan if I have to do a bunch of capital ship kills or missions to get the design I want, but I'll be hopping in to give it a go when it hits Steam. Doesn't look like they've announced an Expedition or Twitch drops for it yet, though.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
New ships... are good

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Here we go again

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1663169325287501824

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Oh, drat. A new expedition already? Time to load up that hauler and hit the stars :clint:

The new community cape is also perfect. Just what I've been looking for as an explorer

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
It's nice to finally have it after all these years :unsmith:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
They just uploaded a new experimental branch update that lets you start expeditions from the Anomaly on a current save. It includes one of the upcoming expeditions. It doesn't look like everything carries over, but it's significant.

Goddamn

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Doing it now. it's pretty easy so far and there will be a ship reward, but I don't know what it looks like.

You select items to move over to the Expedition, and then you have to reach the Anomaly there to get them in the new save. Thankfully, it's like the fourth step of the expedition so it doesn't take more than maybe half an hour to get to that.

So far pretty easy expedition, but fun. very streamlined and most phases have an optional milestone. Other easy ones include "Photograph 3 different environments," "Shoot asteroids," and "Dig up 3 items." Seems to be highly focused on the Atlas, memories, and Wonder Items, but I'm not far enough in to know the context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Black Griffon posted:

Sentinels and Exotics I kinda get to keep them a little more alien and, well, exotic, but I reckon they'll add them eventually. Could be they just didn't have time for all the ship classes.

Kind of my thoughts, too, but hopefully they will add them. Particularly the Sentinels since they're already semi-modular and have lots of cool parts.

Kind of disappointed they didn't boost ship storage with this, though. Haven't really had the chance to make my own when my current collection is all rares or expedition ships I don't want to get rid of.