Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

heard there was a new thread. wanna play this update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

panda clue posted:

What's the exact differences between normal and survival mode?

Everything hurts and costs more and resources are more scarce

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

The update took less than 15 mins to download off steam. I love my new net connection. Now I just have to get home from work so I can die in hellfire

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

The whole loading shaders thing will only happen after a patch or driver update. Every time either of those things change they have to be rebuilt, but only once.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I finally got a chance to play and I gotta say I’m pretty surprised how much has been changed. I mean it’s still definitely NMS, but just fresh enough to feel like almost a sequel. They may have stumbled out the door with their 1.0 release but I think they’ve put in some hard yards to get it where it is today and you really can’t judge it on what it used to be anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Interact with the base computer and select delete base. You might need to pick up everything else first because that’s what I did and it worked for me.