Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

ShadowedFlames posted:

About 7 hours into a new save.

gently caress those wailing eggs. Also, gently caress the buried tech modules that disappear as you dig near them from like 40u away, when you need them to make your upgrades.

On the flip side, digging into an enclosed cave netted me 50 platinum which helped fuel my first multi-tool upgrade.

Are you sure they are tech modules and not buried relics? I haven't had an tech modules vanish beneath me, but every single buried relic has disappeared when I dig to them. The only time I see those relics is when they are sitting out near or in a cave.

So I had a bug where I found a ruin, got the keys, after much digging since half the place was completely underground, got the treasure, and got one of the two grav balls. Left, had something point me to an ancient ruin, head over, only to realize this was the one I had been to before (I noticed the digging), but the buildings were slightly different, and some of the keys had respawned. The chest was locked, so I blew three keys opening it only to learn that it was bugged and empty. They really need to add the ability to mark places you have already been. I have had multiple scans and NPCs direct me to places I have already found... and I have only played for a few hours...

There are also tons of bugs with structures spawning in general. I had one temple thing with invisible parts. My ruins keep spawning in midair. One of my crashed freighters has it's hitbox extending past where it actually is into a ravine resulting in invisible walls.

This is less a bug than an oversight, but I claimed a free crashed ship, but needed materials for repairs. I left and quickly realized there was no marker or anything for where it (and the stuff I left on the ground there) was. Can't call the ship because no thrusters. And there is no way to ping your downed ships so you can fly to them. I was told that getting a freighter will likely teleport the broken ship to onto it. I hope so.

Also the teleport module for ships kind of sucks? The range seemed to be less than 150u when I tested it.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

ModeSix posted:

So is this actually good now?

It's much more of an actual game now. Worth 30 bux easily. But it is buggy as gently caress right now. If they fix the bugs then it would be fantastic, right now, it is more of, how patient are you in dealing with bugs that might waste massive amounts of your time?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

So when I installed this on my new PC to play the new patch, I didn't realize that my old save was going to be available (cloud saving I guess?) Any downsides to loading up my old save in the new patch? I assume my old base is deleted since base building is completely different now.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So I guess this is new or I'm misunderstanding how ship classes/equipment bonuses apply but I traded a broken ship for an explorer class ship since I got sick of the started shuttle and this bad boy may not have anything special for it, it only uses 25% launch fuel when taking off as opposed to my starter ship's 50%. This means I can be even more liberal with my non-landing pad explorer which is cool and good. I'm guessing haulers take more fuel and fighters use 50%? Can anyone check with their ships?

Also I found this reddit post explaining the module stacking bonuses and some good layouts to maximize exosuit/multi-tool/ship upgrades
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/92bpi3/psa_how_to_optimize_your_upgrade_modules_in_next/

Yeah I dunno, I have one ship that takes only 13% per launch, then I got another ship that had B class thruster efficiency in the right slot and it also only does 13 per. Then I got another ship with no module and it also does 13. But my starter ship does 25 (it's a fighter I guess). The others I have no idea. I would need to look them over. Do ships have different innate stats for their base equipment? I've seen ships with no modules have +25% dmg compared to mine for example.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 28, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

ShootaBoy posted:

So I'm like the one person that enjoyed this since day one, but getting back into now with the new patch has left me a bit out of sorts. My main profile is at a little over 70 hours with a bunch of stuff, but is basically unuseable because of how much has changed.

What's the best way to just get stupid rich at a fairly decent clip on my new one?

Find a way to get a hold of an S tier Scanner module. I got lucky and got one for free, and now I get 18k-50k or more per animal or plant scan. Scan every animal on a planet and upload them for big nanite bonuses. More nanites= more upgrades = easier gameplay. Look for downed freighters and dig up the cargo boxes and repair them. They can give items that can be worth up to 2 million a piece. If you build bases near them, or have a way of permanently marking them (I think this game has coords?) I have noticed that for some reason, some boxes respawn loot. I have gotten multiple super conducters from boxes at the freighter near my base. I load in, and check the boxes like mail. Look for buried tech modules, they usually seem to have nanites in them, but they can sometimes have other stuff. Look for settlements, especially the 2 long building kind. Those usually nanites, units, and navigation data chips in them. Nav data can be used in your scanner dish beacon thing to find stuff like ruins or trade outposts.

Edit: I don't know if this constitutes a spoiler, but apparently you get a free freighter pretty early on by following the bread crumb quest line you start with.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 28, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Ruins always have the necessary keys near them. If you can't find them, they spawned underground. Look for anything poking out of the ground and excavate. Similarly, Monoliths and the like usually have 2-3 word relic things, if it looks like it spawned near a cliff, dig into the cliff to see if there is an extra word there.

Monoliths and Ruins that give the choice of knowledge or language are also interesting because if you pick language, you get a word, but also gain reputation. Rep is good because higher rep unlocks interactions with the various factions. Including buying stuff and I suppose missions and such. NPCs who accept gifts will accept more than one, so you can dump all your gifts onto the same alien for multiple rep rewards, at least that is how it worked for me.

ShootaBoy posted:

That's all good to know. Also gently caress the story, I'm a space nomad, I don't care about your lofty ambiguous space being goals. Have fuel will travel :colbert:

The intro quests eventually give you the option to continue the story or go into a more free mode thing, where you still will be given the Atlas pass stuff so you can actually progress. So you should at least do the quests up until it asks you which path to take.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 28, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

Also, check the mission board, a lot of them are just stuff you'd do anyway (Scan creatures, fight sentinels, gather resources) and give a decent amount of payouts. Sometimes you also get some really valuable items from doing them as well. (I had a mission give me a portable reactor earlier, which turned out to be worth 5 mil)

Lastly, you can upgrade your suit in the space stations now, check the hologram behind the exosuit module merchant.

Where is the mission board? I have a mission NPC on the station that doesn't want to offer me anything because I guess my rep isn't high enough?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I will check him again today. I haven't checked since I spammed gifts and got a bunch of rep level ups, so maybe something unlocked now.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

ShootaBoy posted:

Oh good, they didn't change that part. That's a relief.

Well that is based off of the wiki I read which did seem updated for Next... I don't see why they would remove that.. I hope they didn't! Considering I peeped a stream where those anomaly space ball things are still around, I assume that part of the game is still the same. I'm still dicking around the starter system.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

lil multiplayer inventory tip: join random games and buy inventory space from the station you spawn next to in people's games instead of doing drop pods

Does doing this add those stations to the list of connected stations in your solo game?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

So I have a bug where I'm supposed to interact with my base computer and its bugging out to say that the computer is on my freighter. Okay, so internet says to fly down, put up a new base computer, save/reload, and try again. I hop in and out of my ship and load a save, except I hit the "manual" save from several hours ago instead of the "autosave". Whoops, but no big deal, the autosave is still separate so I'll just load that, right?

Except no, loading the autosave drops me back into the manual save now. Even shutting down and restarting the game still has me dropping in to the save from ten hours ago rather than the current one. So now I am unable to play without risking overwriting my autosave and losing mountains of progress.

How is it physically possible for you to screw up a patch so badly that trying to fix bugs is like throwing a handful of pots down a stairway

There are apparently worse save bugs than that. I've seen people say that they just straight up losing save data. Unless this is what they meant, since it apparently has the same effect.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 28, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

So what are the actual differences between the Story or exploration paths? You more or less will get the same stuff right? Both award Atlas Pass stuff to unlock things?

Anime_Otaku posted:

I got a class A from one of the story quests, it’s nice looking but most of the slots are full of junk, does clearing them out increase the credit value at all? Or should I just hang around at a trader until I can find something that’s working?

I dunno that it increases the value. I've read that people just use those junkers as trade for better ships. Since that is cheaper and quicker than clearing all the slots.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

So what happens when you join a game, grab the station, leave and go back to your save, but then go back to that system where you know the players are?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Zaa Boogie posted:

I just wish you could choose which ship you wanted to trade instead of needing to have it as your primary.

Yeah that is obnoxious. Not being able to call ships to stations is also annoying. There is a lot of baffling quality of life issues for sure.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

explosivo posted:

So it's probably best to sell/trade these junker ships I find rather than spending the absurd amount of materials it takes to fix it up? I found a nice S-Class ship with a bunch of space but to fix everything would take so much time. How do I sell them? Can I sell them without a freighter? I'm also waiting for my free one of those to show up..

Just fix the thrusters and pulse drives so you can fly it to a station, then park and wait for a good ship to trade with. Probably could do the same at a trade outpost on the planet, which saves fixes the pulse drive.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Fun bugs. I loaded my old save to see what was up. Landed on a freighter to see if I could buy it, accepted a mission instead, got teleported outside and died, lost hundreds of nanites worth of uninstalled tech, reloaded the save, but I can't access any menus, only interact/move. Can't exit, can't reload, can't look at inventory or discoveries. Glad I am doing this on my old save and not my current one.

Also, did you know if you plop down a message sphere to try it out you can never EVER remove it or change the message? If you can I sure as hell don't see how. It told me it cant be removed and I can't delete the message. So now I have a stupid message spam me in the middle of my screen every time I move around my base. That is amazing design.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Has anyone reclaimed an old save base? I landed on a planet and plopped down the computer but nothing. I still have the quest, but the quest doesn't say anything beyond find a hospitable place. I kind of would like my base back for free since it already had storage (and I can still see the storage inventory and send things to it. )

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I definitely still hate ship combat, that's for sure. Perhaps with upgrades it is more fun, but with default ships, it's basically just me being endless kited by ships that eternally circle you and pelt you until you die.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

froody guy posted:

Why after 8 hrs in game I still didn't get the freighter thing? :negative:

I keep roaming about with my Signal Booster but I haven't found anything significant so far. Yeah, a couple of crashed fighters (that I cannot summon on a station so :wtf: ??!!) but most of all... where is the goddamn antimatter blueprint? :argh:

Love this game.

You get antimatter blueprints after your first jump to another system, IIRC. You get a free freighter a bit further into the quest chain.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

The NPC that gives missions also let's you dismiss them.

A quick glance at the galaxy map doesn't seem to show much improvement. I still can't just see a list of places I've visited and select them as targets? The game is already tracking them, you can see them in you Discoveries and you can generally see them on the map if you find them, so why not just let me select them from a list. So much of this game still seems designed around pointlessly wasting your time. Like how you can refuel a refiner with a click, but you can't fill the input with a click, you have to hit X. Or inventory management in general really. Also there is no upload all button for discoveries. There is an upload all stellar discoveries button, but that only uploads the planets, not the contents OF those planets. Went on a massive scanning spree? Well now sit there left clicking and hitting E a bunch of times because uploading requires two buttons instead of one. Also gently caress mousewheels! You will scroll with buttons! BUTTONS MORE BUTTONS FOR EVERYTHING. I'm shocked walking doesn't involve pressing buttons for each leg.

Duke Chin posted:

Is there a good list of poo poo I should keep vs. poo poo I should sell immediately? Since the Next patch I've become a mats queen :ohdear:

My inventories between maxed suit sits, bug fighter, freighter and storage boxes are a mess now.

I generally toss anything I can easily make from common materials if I need space. Other things I sell, even if I am not sure what they do, because so far nothing seems both rare but also important to keep.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

At this rate they might as well add confirmation buttons for every button, and a multilevel EULA for each item you buy off the market.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Once you get upgrades going, nanites become easier and easier to get. But early on scanning can make the difference between getting a sweet S tier upgrade and not.

Question: Is the weird buzzing static hum thing I hear a space anomaly? Is there an easy way to find where the damned thing is? I found it by accident but had to reload my save. Hitting my ship scanner isn't doing poo poo.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I feel like it is better to just sell rusted metal.

precision posted:

It's hard to know what's a bug and what isn't. Like, is it a bug or a feature that the guys in space stations aren't selling new blueprints yet? Do I need to advance the story? If so, which one?!

Also, when/where do you ever find Emeril and Cadmium? I have the plans for Emeril and Cadmium Drives but I have literally never seen those elements in the New Universe and I have played 30 hours since NEXT patched.

I don't think they get new blueprints. If they were locked I feel like you would see them but wouldn't be able to buy them.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Hemish posted:

Ah nice. I'm not there yet. I just want to make a few millions so I can join public game for some exosuit upgrades and find a scanner higher than C... All these posts talking about S scanner... Now that I found out that you need to manually update all discoveries 3 times per planet in the menu, I have 700 nanites and I really want a S class scanner upgrade!

I got super lucky and found an S scanner in my starter system. I don't even remember how I got it. It might have been free. The downside was that I stuck it into a damaged multitool. Nice amount of slots, but I have a whole row of crap I need to remove from it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So can you have lots of bases, and if so is it easy to teleport between them?

You can teleport to any base from any space station. One way trip unless you build a teleporter ring in the base itself. Then you can teleport to anywhere with a TP that you have been to. So base to base or base to station. Station to Station also works I think?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

froody guy posted:

Holy Cribs Robber is there a way to find out where a recently location, scanned and uploaded, is? Left a drop pod with an exosuit upgrade with only 110 cobalt missing, went on another planet to mine them, and now it's not marked anymore :sweatdrop:

Now why would the player, in an exploration game, want to be able to mark where they have been? What dark magics would have to exist for anyone to be able to record their travels, the landscape, and notable locations onto something? What would you even CALL such a thing? You are asking Hello Games to do the impossible!

It has been a notable problem since launch and they seem to have no interest in adding any kind of actual maps and navigation to the game.

I found out what the weird noise was. It was the reclaim your old base mission. It is bugged. It was flickering in the bottom right corner rapidly. Probably also why it was not able to be completed. Changing to a different mission makes it go away.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I happened upon a freighter under attack. I had been holding off on doing the freighter mission but I figured this wasn't my fresh save anyway and things keep breaking so why not. I succeed the mission after minutes of boring, annoying space combat where the enemies can always shoot you no matter how they are moving. Captain welcomes me aboard, I talk to him, as the quest tells me too. He thanks me and seems to offer me the ship. My only options are inspect the ship, or decline. I click inspect but nothing happens? I talk to him again and it says the former owner seems relieved. It then let's me transfer items to the freighter. Only 11 slots, but oh well. He why does the image of my freighter look like a multitool that is nothing like the actual freighter. Weird. Go to menus, nothing about owning a freighter there. No milestone, nothing. There is nothing to access the freighter outside of the captain who let's me transfer items. I leave and go do a quest. Try to summon freighter. "No freighter owned."

I think I'm done with this game until they patch at least basic poo poo to work. Rolling the dice on whether the game will literally function anytime I try to do anything has worn thin. Also fun was blowing nanites on various upgrades that ended up giving me +1-2% damage or whatever. C rank through A rank in some cases.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

froody guy posted:

Is there a way to avoid dying if you trigger the fecking sentinels? I dug a tunnel, but they still could see me, I escaped in space but they interdicted me, I killed the first 2, they kept sending reinforces, I tried to land on another planet and hide underwater, they loving killed me while I was landing :wtc:

I can't speak for level 4 or 5 wanted, but from 3 below, just fly away on the same planet. Going to space makes it worse. Just go far enough away and you should see a countdown timer that reads "searching". When it hits zero they deactivate. Obviously avoid landing and getting out because the game just spawns sentinels where ever you land. Just fly around. Caves usually work to confuse them, and buildings do sometimes as well, but I have had it where they never entered search mode while I was indoors.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Hemish posted:

Decided to accept the first free freighter. It's the farthest I am in the game yet and I ended up with a Class A with 19 slots I think. That's fine with me!

It looks like I could send stuff from my Exosuit directly on that ship in orbit. Does it need to be in orbit of the planet I'm on or just in the same system? I just thought that I didn't try to bring stuff back from there directly...

I've read the whole thread but I'm confused with the ships... I finally got 3 S-class scanners in a basic Multi tool that let me make some money, getting a bunch of exosuit inventory upgrades to give me some breathing room. I used a few navigation disk, followed aliens' distress call waypoints after talking to them and I always end up with a flag and like one broken machinery...

Are distress beacons the thing that should give me crashed ships? Like my multi tool, I could go with a midrange ship to help the grind to an S class one (which I saw pictures here but never saw in space or on stations) which would let me carry more stuff and go faster to different POI in my quest to get better at everything along the main quest journey.

Also... how do you get antimatter? I visited a few crashed freighters because the story one got me to find one antimatter or a cargo box but now they always have insane items requirement to open them... The last one I tried wanted Chromatic something (not too bad, I saw copper around) but then processed Cobalt (level 2 I think) and I never ever saw Cobalt yet... That element wasn't even in the basic scan you can do on a planet before landing. Also 30 secs death storms every 5-10 mins seem to be normal on the 3-4 freighters I visited so far!

Everything seems to be outdated online, the reddit page is a mess with memes and stuff so all the good info I got this weekend came from here so hopefully someone can help a bit.

Oh yeah, I also wanted to thank M. Bugs guy that let us know what NOT to do and see bugs every 5 mins like he seems to be getting!

You're supposed to get the recipe for antimatter after your first jump. Before you get the quest for the free freighter. Otherwise you have to find it randomly.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Another thing I learned from playing a converted preNext save, you can't port to any old systems you visited. I had like 4 or 5 systems on my list when I loaded in, uploaded the data for nearly 2000 nanites, but none of those systems are available to port to from a TP, aside from the one I loaded into.

I'm starting to thing preNext saves are just flat out hosed. I also don't have an Atlas Pass or the recipe. I've been the the Anomaly twice now and they never give me the recipe. Or am I supposed to find the Atlas Station first? I thought you get Atlas Pass v1 from Polo on the Anomaly.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Okay I think I'm having an issue with a bug.

So I got my free freighter. Needed some stuff to build the command room, so popped out, collected poo poo, and ran to the nearest space station for some errands. When I came out, there were some more pirates attacking my freighter. I killed them all and the attack ended, but my freighter keeps making the distress noise and has the doors closed, preventing me from getting inside.

I went to a planet and hosed around there for a while, but my freighter is still alarming and won't let me in.

What do?

Add that to the list of ways freighters are currently broken.

explosivo posted:

Sorry if it's come up already but buying heat protection from the vendor in a space station seems to be busted? I go to install a heat protection module and it turns into a cold module every time :saddowns:

I had the same thing happen to me sort of. I was given a Thermal Shield as a reward but when I installed it, it was the Cold shield. Luckily for me it worked out, because half of the planets I visited so far were all cold, but still...

Also the Cold shield is weird. In normal cold, it drains super fast, but I went to a Subzero world with frequent storms and it felt like it did better? Like it lasted as long if not longer in extreme weather than it does in more normal cold.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Roman posted:

So is there any way to permanently mark locations on a planet that I'm somehow missing? I went through the hassle of activating my first portal and now I have no idea where it is. I didn't have the mats to build a base next to it at the time

Nope. You can hold to mark things in your visor, but only one thing at a time, and sometimes they just go away. And they also go away if you reload. No navigational features allowed in this exploration game.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

3 posted:

Beacons are a permanent marker and they're also portable technology to boot, so if you get sick of one you can just take it back.

Which beacon? The scanner dish thing you get at the beginning, or is there a blueprint you can get later one to build actual beacons? I feel like leaving the scanner dish didn't mark anything. One thing that might work also is putting stuff in a refiner to refine and letting it sit, because it seems like doing that puts the refiner on your compass?

The could also just let you ping any place you've been. The game already saves data for if you looted it or not, so it doesn't make sense to not allow you to see where you have been. But alas...

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

3 posted:

I'm playing off an old save so I'd completely forgotten that you don't start with the blueprint, but I think you get it from doing the scientist's base building quest; they're different from signal boosters in that they provide a permanent waypoint, though looking back I feel like just putting down a base computer and activating it would work just as well for that purpose.

Base computers work, but you can't move them once you set them, without deleting the base, I think? Does clicking delete base refund the computer?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Annath posted:

I just got this on PC.

The tutorial(?) told me I needed to get some di-hydrogen to make Launch Fuel, but the weird robots slaughtered me.

After enough corpse runs, I made my fuel, but later I picked up some pearls from these pumpkin looking things and all of a sudden huge swarms of flying robots and a robot dog showed up and I fled into space, but then a spaceship appeared and slaughtered me again.

I'm now supposed to build a hyperdrive, but I feel like I only half understand what I'm doing.

Do not fly to space when you are wanted. This should be in the OP. Just find a place to hide. They basically work like GTA cops. After they lose sight of you they go into search mode for a bit and then reset. The patch definitely made them worse than they were before though.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Every possible thing being bugged in some way at random is pretty much the only thing killing my interest. I'd probably have played 50% more if it weren't for bugs forcibly stopping me dead in my tracks.

SubNat posted:

(I've encountered a couple times where the hologram for the upgrade station wasn't working, making it look like it was inactive. I could still interact with it and buy upgrade slots, however. )

Same.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

juggalo baby coffin posted:

this lil guy just hops around on his tail and its adorable

I've had a bunch of animals look like that. I feel like there is not as much variety in creatures as I remember. It seems like there are generally two types of flying creature, for example. These weird long things that look like they belong in the ocean, and then kind of bat looking things. For ground stuff, I keep getting those worm things. I had one planet with these pineapple creatures, but there was more than one and they were nearly identical. I've also had these weird beetle crab things on more than one planet, but one of them was gigantic. I need to go back now that I actually messed around with photo mode and start taking pictures.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So just found out that the freighter questline is a little more involved. After you get your freighter you need to talk to the navigator who should give you a quest to build the command center. Apparently you also need to go inspect the frigate to start a secondary quest to inspect it and learn the recipe for fuel.

This only works or triggers on the system you took possession of your freighter. So if you missed it and don’t remember there’s apparently no way at all to learn that stupid recipe.

So yeah, that’s a fun thing to learn now.

I couldn't speak to any of the npcs on the bridge except the captain, and I didn't have any other quests in my log. The captain still had the icon over his head.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

And speaking of discoveries, "uploading" all just uploads planets/system data for nanites. You still need to go to each planet on the list then manually upload flora and fauna for each each.

It's incredibly loving dumb but if you haven't bothered with it you have a TON of nanites sitting there.

It's even better. If you hover over the animal/flora/waypoint buttons, you actually can upload everything in that category by pressing E while the buttons are selected. They went out of their way to add a subfunction to already pressed buttons because the people who made this game are not from Earth and have never played a video game in their lives.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

juggalo baby coffin posted:

oh dang, thanks!

does anyone know where i can find some predatory animals to shoot? for most quests ive had the zerg guys who dont like you to touch their eggs count as whatever you need to kill, but now I need to kill specifically predators and the zerg aren't counting. I don't think i've ever been attacked by an animal in this game so far.

It's random. Just gotta scan animals and hope you find a predator. Seems like bigger animals have a better chance of being predatory, at least for me.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Also, my discoveries tab almost always says I am unable to connect to the online discoveries service thingie. Does this effect anything?

No. Upload and get paid. The connection status is meaningless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

Oh, I thought it was only a scan speed upgrade.

How do I get technology modules? That's my big hurdle right now and I've yet to encounter a single one (aside from paying a fortune on the market)

Honestly I just buy them because I don't have a blue print for them and I don't know of any solid way to get them. 60k a pop hurts at first, but you do enough ancient ruins and crashed freighters and you will have millions in no time. Money also rolls in once you can start grabbing quests from the mission NPCs in stations.