Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
piss on earth and goodwill toward Mensch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Bought 5 of these bad boys, can't wait to spread the gospel.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Someone asked for a picture of the hat in a potshop I was in. If anything, the message resounds in the public. It's real, folks.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

B-Rock452 posted:

We did arrest a guy wanted on hate crime charges a few weeks ago and Wednesday night I was in a home giving an update to a victim and the conversation turned to politics and her grandfather randomly interjected with "I cant believe we got a president who likes getting pissed on."

can we get this grandpa a hat?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Oh holy poo poo I won one of the original hats in the sheep game but I had no idea there's an upgraded design I need to collect now too this owns

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Less than a week left on this order!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Ordered one for myself and one for my shut-in cousin

I hope he wears it in public and attracts more friends

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Decided to buy two more for each of my brothers whom one I hope I can get to wear at his next powerlifting meet.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Is Will Sommer a candidate for a hat? He's deep into weird internet poo poo and would probably love/hate it.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Only a few days left on this run

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
This popped up in the discord.

"A Supreme Court ruling has opened the floodgates to a stream of gross trademarks The Piss Tape is Real’ has a good shot at becoming a registered US trademark posted:

In the face of that, wearing “The Piss Tape is Real” on T-shirts, hoodies, and hats is a form of direct action and political protest.

As I was researching for this story, I found a megathread titled “The Piss Tape is Real” deep inside the recesses of the political subsections of Something Awful forums. At some point last week, a user posted, “So guys I filed a trademark application for the phrase ‘the piss tape is real’ and I got a call from some reporter from the verge yesterday. how should I respond.”

“The piss tape is real,” a few users respond, predictably. “Pee on him,” advises another, more creatively.

There’s nothing new about internet shitposting, but there’s something emblematic about finally getting to federally register “The Piss Tape is Real” just as the decency of mainstream political discourse hits absolute bottom — then sinks even further. It’s a path that will inevitably take all of us, mostly figuratively, right into the toilet.
By Sarah Jeong

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

CheeseSpawn posted:

By Sarah Jeong

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Someone should send her a hat to celebrate

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mayor Dave posted:

Someone should send her a hat to celebrate

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

I think we'd have a good case of first use. Also it's just "Piss Tape Is Real". Amateurs.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

papersack posted:

I think we'd have a good case of first use. Also it's just "Piss Tape Is Real". Amateurs.

Jove posted:

So guys I filed a trademark application for the phrase “the piss tape is real” and I got a call from some reporter from the verge yesterday

how should I respond

sorry, it's a goon who trademarked it

also that means sarah jeong was reading c-spam, which owns

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I'm gonna place my order momentarily

It's high time I bask in pissy goodness

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
put in an order too, finally have the money to get in on it

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Mayor Dave posted:

sarah needs a hat and an account

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
hey i am a true retard and still somehow managed to read your entire post and still forget to put my address in the comments section, but I just emailed you the details. sorry!

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
lol i sent you my address and forgot the apt. #. i am truly a piss brained retard. sent another email to clarify.

honestly i deserve to drown in piss for how retarded i am. thanks for the hat, anyhow.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

Oh ok. Keep it in the family.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

CheeseSpawn posted:

By Sarah Jeong

Does this mean Trump can’t trademark it himself now?

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Hostess Snack Cake posted:

sarah needs a hat and an account

she had an account and got creeped on by the yospos bitcoin thread

it did not end well

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Just ordered a hat.

The piss must flow.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i feel like the hats should be trump-red so that trump supporters will see it and think they've found a kindred spirit only to get closer and be hit with a face full of Truth

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

McGlockenshire posted:

she had an account and got creeped on by the yospos bitcoin thread

it did not end well

her mistake was posting in yospos, i wouldnt wish such a fate on my worst enemy

get her a new account, a handle of hard liquor, the Hat, and some existential despair, and shell be a perfect fit for cspam

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Yinlock posted:

i feel like the hats should be trump-red so that trump supporters will see it and think they've found a kindred spirit only to get closer and be hit with a face full of Truth

Gotta be yellow for the pisssssssss

Chuds know, ooh-ho-ho they fuckin know

E and there was a hat at a protest in June

https://twitter.com/Kelly_Kenoyer/s...ingawful.com%2F

Inspector Hound has issued a correction as of 02:10 on Aug 5, 2018

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I put my order in for Kaitlan Collins (will never wear the hat), Sarah Jeong (will only wear the hat in secret because :decorum: now at NYT), Patton Oswalt and Timothy Simons (though I think my note had him as "Timothy Simon" and hopefully papersack can correct that for me so I seem more literate).

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
Hats for the hat god.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

This round has ended. I'll wait a bit to start the next round. I'm mulling over to order a bunch myself and just ship same day when people order but looking into the best route. I'll let everyone on this order know when I have this batch and shipped out.

Did anyone from round 4 see if any media folks wore the hat?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

papersack posted:

This round has ended. I'll wait a bit to start the next round. I'm mulling over to order a bunch myself and just ship same day when people order but looking into the best route. I'll let everyone on this order know when I have this batch and shipped out.

if you want to start a new thread for the next round please call it "Piss Tape Is Real Hats Vol. 6: For The Peeople"

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
if you put the word "pee" in the title, i can not be held responsible for what my zealots will do in response to such heresy just sayin

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

crazy cloud posted:

if you put the word "pee" in the title, i can not be held responsible for what my zealots will do in response to such heresy just sayin

while the piss tape will always be real, sometimes you have to post pee to own the libs

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

What are the chances of doing a different style of hat than a baseball cap? Knit caps would be nice.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

papersack posted:

:golfclap:

Thanks!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Chadderbox posted:

What are the chances of doing a different style of hat than a baseball cap? Knit caps would be nice.

Is cafepress still around

Cafepiss

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Inspector Hound posted:

Is cafepress still around

Cafepiss

Yes but it doesn't look like they have a variety of hat styles.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
noice, my piss hat is waiting for me at the post office. cant wait til monday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

I should have these on the 25th. I'm still working on what the next round will be.

• Locked thread