Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will melt down first?
Oberst
Wampa
Nagger
HOTLANTAMAN
Teemerk
Other
View Results

• Locked thread
Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Madden goons discord: https://discord.gg/tghHhtv

League OP coming soon

:siren: OUTDATED OP AHEAD :siren:

Hype for the league this year is building, so let's get the thread going for another year of this poo poo. Let's see what EA did to our beloved league this year in terms of progression and unexpected hilarity!

Welcome to SASFL - land of drunk, high, and who knows what other manner of goons who have been playing internet football together for a number of years now. Where Tebow, Jimmy Garapollo, and Ray Rice have carried teams to Super Bowl wins. Where Trae Waynes got 69 sacks in a season, and Gronk caught 60 TDs in a season. Many controllers have died here, and many meltdowns have been had; will yours be next!!?

Game comes out on August 23rd, and the league will begin August 28th. Getting the thread up now because you fuckers keep asking for it, and to start coordinating teams, etc. The ratings are out now if you want to preview the teams at https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl...ovr_rating:DESC

The Rules
* We will be playing on All Pro Difficulty. We will use default sliders at the onset, and I reserve the right to make slight modifications depending on ~*EA MAGIC*~ For many players, these sliders won't really matter but it's a pretty big boon to newer players to reduce the CPU game frustration. These have no effect on user games as i only will make modifications to CPU sliders. User sliders will remain default.
* Quarters will be 6 minutes with no run down.
* You must be a coach or an owner.
* Cheesing isn't tolerated here. We can discuss it on a case by case basis, but lets not let it come to that. Let's be good sports in here. Includes, but not limited to (going for it on 4th downs deep in your own field, nano blitzes, or abusing no huddle. If you have to think that a play you're using may be cheap or laughed at in the real NFL, you should probably not run it.) We play this game together to not deal with pubbie assholes, so none of that here.
* Running up the score aggressively on users is not allowed. Be a good sport!
* Changing teams is allowed, but only in the offseason. Once the season begins you are stuck with your team until the next preseason. No jumping teams mid-season.
* Pubbies can only join this league if an existing member will vouch for them and risk their place in the league. While we have had some pretty good pubbies in the league, we've had a few utter shitheads and we'd rather just keep them out.
* No trading aging/declining veterans for high draft picks from the CPU.
* Practice Squad Ettiquette! - We have no loving idea how this works yet, but I'm probably going to have to take the approach that if you stash someone on your Practice Squad, they're fair game to get poached by another user. Stash a developmental player at your own risk, I'm not getting involved!

Commissioner - Oberst
Co-comissioners - Dubious, AF

CPU Games
Get them in, get the W. I don't care if you need to restart to get the W. If you can't/don't want to play the CPU, a win can be assigned by Dubious before the league advances.

Trades
Trading with the CPU will be enabled to start but that does not mean it's open season to go poach all of the 1st rounders. If this does happen, I'm disabling it.

Team Priority
Any returning activegoons from last year's league get their first dibs on keeping their old team, or taking a new one. I will post the team list as it was at the end of our last season.

If there are disputes, please work these out amongst each other. I am not making any decision as to who will win a dispute on a team.

If you are not returning to a team, please post. With 32 teams, everyone should get a team that can play to their preference, and it's never guaranteed everyone will play beyond a season so some teams can and do open back up.

Schedule
I aim to advance us on a 3 schedule, no questions asked. If all games are in before that advance period we may advance, but to start off we'll go with every 3 days. Please let Dubious know after 24 hours if you can't get a hold of your opponent and we will work from there. If everyone is done before hand, we will advance early. If you are the last person we are waiting on then you have 24 hours. So if everyone is done in 12 hours except for 1 person then that person has 1 day after that to finish up their week or the league will advance. If you are playing the CPU then we expect your game to be done within 48 hours unless you mention it here. I am holding hard and fast to this schedule this year; I went very lax on it last season and the league lost a lot of momentum from the glacial pace.

Oberst fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

NFC East
Dallas Cowboys - Teemerk
PSN: BDiddY1995
Alt contact: PM

Philadelphia Eagles - Jota
PSN: jotachase
Alt contact:

New York Giants - FG
PSN: thenardpuppy
Alt Contact:

Washington Racisms - da_goob
PSN: da_goob
Alt contact:

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - WampaLord
PSN: phobeste
Alt contact:

Atlanta Falcons - phobeste
PSN: phobeste
Alt contact:

Carolina Panthers - discountcleric
PSN:
Alt contact:

New Orleans Saints - BOMP
PSN:
Alt contact:

NFC West
San Francisco 49ers - Dubious
PSN: Dubious
Alt contact:

St Louis Rams - HOTLANTAMAN
PSN:
Alt contact:

Arizona Cardinals - vermars
PSN: vermars
Alt contact:

Seattle Seahawks - LWB
PSN:
Alt Contact:

NFC North
Green Bay Packers - AF
PSN: notescobar
Alt contact:

Minnesota Vikings - czdoofus
PSN: czdoofus
Alt contact:

Detroit Lions - blitz7x
PSN: blitz7x
Alt contact:

Chicago Bears - GNU order
PSN: raptor jands
Alt contact:

AFC East
New England Patriots - flickmaker
PSN: flickmaker
Alt contact:

Miami Dolphins - nagger
PSN:
Alt contact:

Buffalo Bills - TASTE
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Jets - coowhoami
PSN: coolwhoami
Alt contact:

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Jacksonville Jaguars - ADOLFAN
PSN:
Alt contact:

Tennessee Titans - Dralun
PSN: jaytaggart
Alt contact:

Houston Texans - bonham
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC West
Oakland Raiders - Paperback Writer
PSN: Paperback75
Alt contact:

Denver Broncos - Metapod
PSN: fgdavis
Alt contact:

San Diego Chargers - Ross
PSN:
Alt contact:

Kansas City Chiefs - BrownThunder
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers - Benny
PSN:
Alt contact:

Baltimore Ravens - Oberst
PSN: McShurto
Alt contact: discord

Cleveland Browns - Havoc
PSN:
Alt contact:

Cincinnati Bengals - Frebreeze ninja
PSN:
Alt contact:

Oberst fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 6, 2018

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Reserved

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Reserved

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
I will melt down first

idiotface
Jul 24, 2003

Coolwhoami posted:

I will melt down first

Doubtful

CZDoofus
Dec 16, 2004
What teams are available?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
first melt complete before game even launches lmao

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Lmao hopter

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Im using this for fantasy as well for now

:siren: Fantasy Week 5, 2018 :siren:

:911: AMERICA'S USER GAMES OF THE WEEK :911:

Dubious @ Wampalord
Dralun @ Ross

Oberst
May 24, 2010

SAFL coming soon. only colts remain

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Poll was correct. God bless the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

* Cheesing isn't tolerated here. We can discuss it on a case by case basis, but lets not let it come to that. Let's be good sports in here. Includes, but not limited to (going for it on 4th downs deep in your own field, nano blitzes, or abusing no huddle. If you have to think that a play you're using may be cheap or laughed at in the real NFL, you should probably not run it.) We play this game together to not deal with pubbie assholes, so none of that here.

• Locked thread