Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

TL;DR: Help produce flyers on American right-wing hate group iconography by dumping research and sources of information into this thread.

Background: I will be attending (protesting against) the Unite the Right event to take place in DC in August 2018. My gang of attendees and I would like to provide information on the icons the alt-right will show up with on their flags, t-shirts, and Roman military LARP/cosplay shields.

Neo-nazi White supremacists Capitalist identitarian Certain groups will frequently attempt to disavow the bigoted lineage of their symbols. To wit, "I am not a Nazi because I am not carrying a Nazi flag."

Breakdown of some popular "stealth" neo-Nazi icons (start at 28m 47s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcoYKuoiUrY&t=1728s

I would like to do my small part in providing information to fellow counter-protesters and decent human being bystanders. Dump and discuss information on any American hate groups and their icons in this thread for consideration to be included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

So I don't know any more about fash than you do but I did have some time and made you a template that could be adapted to include as many as you get information on.

Given that it is presumably being produced at home on a limited budget and you presumably just want to spread it as wide as possible I put it together so that:

1. It's black and white and easy to print/read on an imperfect copy (except for the logos if they have colour, should convert to greyscale OK if you end up using that)
2. It doesn't look like commie agitprop as I figure that might put some of the audience off. So it's set out mostly to make you wonder what it is.
3. It's written for a general audience so I tried to make it as non-alarmist as possible except for the bits where it lists the actual nazi links of the various flags.
4. You can make as many versions as you want by swapping out the middle bit and each one is standalone.

Not what you asked for I know but perhaps it saves you a bit of work?

https://nofile.io/f/nYTBcwFZZb6/spottersguide.xcf

Opens with the latest version of GIMP

If you want a style change or whatever I can do that for you, just bearing in mind it's a pamphlet I didn't want to do anything complex that might impact reproducibility.

If you had a proper printing system or something I guess you could go full wartime propaganda styling for authentic fash bashing.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 28, 2018

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
I think these are pretty well-known for anybody who follows their online shenanigans, but two things stick out in my mind specifically:

14/88 - Sometimes combined as 1488, the 14 stands for the 14-word decree "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children," which was issued by a notorious white supremacist. As for 88, H is the eighth letter in the alphabet, so 88 stands for HH which of course stands for Heil Hitler. This is a pretty old one and is commonly seen in prison tattoos and poo poo, but is also commonly co-opted by the peanut gallery dweebs posting on Twitter and Stormfront and whatnot.

RaHoWa - An abridgement of Racial Holy War, AKA the glorious moment the whites rise up and slaughter all the browns or die trying. Also old but less popular due to originally requiring actual reading, at least until the internet meme machine got up to speed.

I don't think either of these featured prominently at Charlottesville but given how popular they are with the alt-right basement dwellers online I wouldn't be surprised if they made a showing at some point.

• Locked thread