Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
straws?
yes
no
maybe
View Results

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

can you repeat the question?

You're not the boss of me

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

straw bans let people pretend they're helping save the world, while in reality they're throwing a marginalized population under the bus while ignoring the fact that our current socioeconomic structure does far more harm to the world around us than plastic straws ever could

see also: the democratic party

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Pikavangelist posted:

straw bans let people pretend they're helping save the world, while in reality they're throwing a marginalized population under the bus while ignoring the fact that our current socioeconomic structure does far more harm to the world around us than plastic straws ever could

I believe that people should not use straws for moral and ethical reasons that have more to do with biblical conceptions of acceptable behavior for adults rather than any naive environmental concerns.

As such I see these bourgeois enviroloons as useful idiots in my crusade to enforce my values on the rest of you

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Splunge!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
some of my favorite straw noises include, :

scruuuuuuuup

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sounds like there might be some resistance to the Straw Ban

https://twitter.com/ARmastrangelo/status/1023291321199542272

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Pikavangelist posted:

switching to recyclable paper straws is the literal bare minimal of minimal efforts you can do to the environment .0001% less lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

The Nastier Nate posted:

switching to recyclable paper straws is the literal bare minimal of minimal efforts you can do to the environment .0001% less lovely.

im thinking real hard about kony

• Locked thread