Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Was looking around to find the prey thread but I think it got archived. Started playing this today after picking it up in a steam sale and it's frankly awesome. I just left the opening area for the first time after poking around for a while and trying to fight that fire demon in the sick bay a few times before running away scared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Played this on Hard and one shot everything with ease. Definitely play on Hell or even Truck Nuts difficulty.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've reached Psychotronics Lab, haven't really been focused with my neuromods since it seems like you get enough that you can kinda do everything. I've been focusing on hacking and using the wrench though bc that's how you play System Shock

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just jumped out of my loving chair from a jump scare and I need to lie down.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Lol was it the video-glass thing?

I instantly shattered it with my wrench and yelled

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Neuromod lore is pretty cool and seemed to be entirely optional to discover, which I appreciated.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's kinda funny that they prevent you from building one billion neuromods once you get the fabrication kit. But once I get Hacking 4 and the last movement speed bonus not sure what else I would even get. I wanna stay away from the psionics since I want to retain my humanity (lore friendly).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I wasn't sure how I felt about the helicopter ride in the intro but the moment I escaped from my apartment I was loving hooked. I haven't even gotten far yet

I liked the huge loving logos.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

I'm not sure what I did that you didn't but somehow I unlocked unlimited neuromod fabrication very very early, like as soon as i got the plans for it. I guess it's something I found in the neuromod division?

Yeah I have the quest for it now, I went back to neuromod division to find the DRM-free (literally what it's called lol) fabrication kit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been playing on Normal I think. The beginning was tricky but I get way more hosed Up by accidentally walking into environmental hazards than getting attacked by enemies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fighting anything more complicated than a mimic in this game reveals how lovely the combat is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I know you're staying away from psionics but they make the combat pretty fun

I think I'll play the game again in the future with 100% psi powers or something so for now I've just been buffing the shotgun to make it more powerful and stockpiling BFG ammo for when I have to find the mind control guys and the technoblobs or whatever.

Made it further today, the arboretum was cool, and im hoping to uncover a lot of personal secrets by poking around the crew quarters. i think the only thing I dont like the spacewalk stuff, bc it seems potentially rad but actually navigating the external area is annoying bc its just a large beige rectangle.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got to a later part where you meet all the survivors holed up in cargo and they're all talking over each other an the VA is all this soulless mumbling that I was gonna say was Bethesda-tier trash and then I remembered. also it's exacerbated by maybe a PC only bug where the voice volume can't be adjusted and it plays roughly 2.5x louder than everything else and has a blown out static. I can set it to 0 and they shut up but even at 1 it plays crazy loud

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

One thing I like is that Fallout: New Vegas style you can kill literally everyone and never interact with an NPC. Hell you can even blow up January bot when you first meet her and basically play the game with no quest direction whatsoever lol

Lol cool. I was tempted to hack the cargo bay doors and just bolt and leave the typhoon mob to maul all these people but I'll save it for my mimic Chaos playthrough

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xposting my thoughts from games you beat. I played this basically all drat day lol

In Training posted:

I really loved the first uhhh 2/3rds of it. At some point they run out of new areas and kinda have you doing loops around the game but the tense exploratory atmosphere is replaced with a rushed action packed pace that I didn't enjoy as much, but by the end of the game you have so many neuromods installed and have hoarded so much healing crap you're ludicrously OP anyway so it was kinda fun to jet past enemies doming poo poo in slo-mo with a uflly upgraded shotgun. I think I'll play it again at some point on hard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You only keep neuromods, nothing else

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

It’s cool that it’s the only jump scare in the game but it’s perfectly executed. Usually I don’t fall for jump scares, I’ll flinch a bit at most, but this one made me scream JESUS and put two shotgun shells into the wall.

theres a second one in the elevator on the way to the arboretum at the end of the game that was lame but in retrospect that may be optional since there's alternate paths to the arboretum at that point in the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They ran out of new enemies 20 years ago bob

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Titanfall 2 is the only good FPS campaign of the last....decade? When was the last painkiller game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Prey is `15 bucks this weekend on PC, for anybody curious.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

and doom eternalgameplay about to be streamed here in like a minute https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NEW SEASON OF ELDER SCROLLS LEGENDS CARD PACKS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Todd the God Howard is on stage now @everyone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lmfao https://clips.twitch.tv/CourageousAbstruseBoarNerfBlueBlaster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's fairly awesome but there's no server list and every match has insane downtime between it so they can serve you lootbox ads. But at least it's all cosmetic poo poo so you can just frag to your hearts content for free.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oh no theyre going to go hardcore into the glory kill crap, they gave Doom guy the assassins creed wrist blade

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dashing is a limited resource now and all the glory kill animations are even longer. This looks like a level pack for the first game, gah.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The grapple hook seems cool but this game is 100% going to be arena hallway arena hallway again so I'll wait till its 10 dollars like last time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh my god this game has the Just Cause mayhem meter but you have kill X number of demons to move on to the next level.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Always online multiplayer with dark souls invasions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress YESSSSS forced walk and talk sections where people talk to you and say oh my god its him, the Doom guy!!!! i looove lore and storytelling.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

they should just take this engine and let the titanfall 2 team make their campaign.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Love it when devs take entirely the wrong lessons about why people liked a game

no people absolutely loved Doom 2016 bc of the glory kills and the lore. the sequel I want just would never exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The invasions are the coolest part about this TBH, it's like the RE6 invasions but it doesn't make as much sense. In RE6 even one smart zombie can cause a lot of problems for you, but in Doom you can just unload on enemies from one million miles away with hitscan weapons so who cares.

• Locked thread