Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandmother of Five

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I was reading one of those "The Mystery of..." books as a kid which was about ghosts while I was home alone, and a shelf fell down, and I screamed, jumped up and ran straight out of the house. Wondering is similar stuff has happened to other people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmother of Five

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Oh, I've seen some scary shadows, too, and movies, as well.

Dungeon Ecology

one time when i was a kid, me and my cousin were at my grandparents and it was like 3am and we were in the guest bedroom talkin about how the place was haunted for sure by a ghost

and we had our bedroom door pretty much 80% open and it slammed shut. it opens inward.
we had the windows open and we both attributed it to the wind, but i never felt any wind tbh :ghost:

barfdog

one time i was driving home from a friend's house, and i saw a coke vending machine, turned on, outside a building. i thought "huh, that's a weird place for a coke machine." a couple of hundred meters later, i saw another coke machine, on the side of the road - thought it must have been a coincidence. subsequently, another few hundred meters later, i was passing a park with a lake at its centre, and saw another coke machine gazing out onto the water. i continued to see coke machines in very peculiar locations the entire way home.

big soda is trying to intimidate me but i refuse to be silent. if anything happens to me, tell my story, warn the people!

https://i.imgur.com/FLpAnfS.mp4

Grandmother of Five

Had a lot of hunches and suspicions in my time. Not trying to brag, but I've seen a lot of things that I just can't explain. Not with logic, anyway.

Starshark
I did a ouija board with some friends of mine once. We contacted Ian Fleming and he gave us a lot of Bond trivia before saying that a girl who was with us was mean. I should've twigged because one of the guys with us was a Bond nut and he was breaking up with the 'mean' girl. But it was nearly paranormal.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
when i was 16 and had just got my license i was driving a girl i liked home from a party one night when things got scary. out of nowhere there was this horrific sound which i can only describe a massively wet fart and the girl started screaming and trying to claw her way out of her seat belt which caused me to swerve all over the road until i could get control back. i know it wasn't me and she swore it wasn't her and she was so terrified she demanded i take her straight home. i guess what we were smelling the whole way back was spirit residue in the car and it was so awful we just rode in complete silence with the windows wide open. once we got to her house she just sprinted inside and after that she would never look me in the eye or even speak to me again.

Grandmother of Five

This is my all-time favorite personal experience of the most scary thing that ever happened to me, and though it technically doesn't contain anything supernatural, as such, it is sort of like one of those spooky stories with an evil doll or a murderous toy; so not for the faint of heart.

My SiL had a big stuffed tiger. Obviously a stuffed toy, but fairly big and made to look real more than cutsey.Absolutely an obviously a stuffed toy, however. For whatever reason it had come out of storage from her childhood things, or maybe her mother had brought it idk. Anyway, when visiting my older brother and his family I entered the room it was in and I almost never swear irl, but I got so startled/gaspted and went something "So help me by God and Satan below!!" (foreign country style of swearing) and then it became a Thing for my brother to put the tiger in surprising places and I fell completely for it probably once every other month when he did it

Then sometimes my SiL gifted the tiger to a kid of my cousin, so finally I was free of this terror. Months later we're at a party @ my cousin's and I'm hammered and heading to bed, and I have our cousin's kid's room and it wasn't even a trap, but the tiger was unexpectedly just there and I was so startled I almost fell down.

Today I am completely unawares of where the tiger is, and it could show up anywhere. Perhaps even behind you, as well, though it seems unlikely my brother would do that.

Peg Sliderskew
Once I was in a book shop with my husband and the owner was telling us how the shop was haunted (very old building) and then we realised my husband's watch had just stopped! Like actually stopped dead while we were hearing about this ghost!!

Then we went into a cafe for a hot tea to salve our shredded nerves and he realised the little widget on the top of the dial that you use to move the hands was popped up, which makes the hands stay still until it's popped back down. There is probably a special name for this device but I don't know what it is. He said that it must have popped up when he was adjusting the cuff of his jacket but the ghost could have sneaked up and done it without us noticing (some ghosts can go invisible).

We will never know.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Ok this one was a few years ago.

i was at a bar having a drink when this really pretty girl sat down next to me and asked if I'd buy her a drink. we seemed to really hit it off but as the night went on she started to look more and more bored with my stories and just started slamming down shots.

after I'd had maybe 5 or 6 drinks I excused myself to go to the bathroom and when I came back she was just gone, disappeared. the bartender was gone too, a different guy had taken over and he said he hadn't seen any girl sitting there. really strange like maybe one of those ghosts that appear and talk to people then just vanish. I ended up picking up her huge tab, put me out like $400 plus tip but it was worth it to actually meet and talk to what I'm pretty sure was a ghost.

Manifisto

I once posted on a forum and after I posted on it people told me it was DEAD

oooOOOOOooOOOOooooOOOOOooooo spoooky

they also said it was gay, which isn't paranormal as far as I know, unless there's something I'm not being told

ty nesamdoom!

FluffieDuckie

Luvcow posted:

Ok this one was a few years ago.

i was at a bar having a drink when this really pretty girl sat down next to me and asked if I'd buy her a drink. we seemed to really hit it off but as the night went on she started to look more and more bored with my stories and just started slamming down shots.

after I'd had maybe 5 or 6 drinks I excused myself to go to the bathroom and when I came back she was just gone, disappeared. the bartender was gone too, a different guy had taken over and he said he hadn't seen any girl sitting there. really strange like maybe one of those ghosts that appear and talk to people then just vanish. I ended up picking up her huge tab, put me out like $400 plus tip but it was worth it to actually meet and talk to what I'm pretty sure was a ghost.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Dorothy Lynch

Manifisto posted:

I once posted on a forum and after I posted on it people told me it was DEAD

oooOOOOOooOOOOooooOOOOOooooo spoooky

they also said it was gay, which isn't paranormal as far as I know, unless there's something I'm not being told

dude this exact same thing happened to me!

I think it might be contagious :ohdear:

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
I'm like 87% sure I've huffed ghost fart.

Grandmother of Five

I don't have any confirmed sightings, but I figure it is probably sort of how it is with spiders, which means I must have eaten at least a few in my sleep.

WindmillSlayer

i wwent outside for a ciggarette the other night after watching a horror movie and it was scary

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

WindmillSlayer posted:

i wwent outside for a ciggarette the other night after watching a horror movie and it was scary

do you think maybe a ghost or a chupacabra was stalking you?

:ohdear:

WindmillSlayer

Luvcow posted:

do you think maybe a ghost or a chupacabra was stalking you?

:ohdear:

im not sure..but it could definitely be true.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
:agreed:

I'm way more freaked out by all the ghosts that I didn't know were right near me than by the ones I see every day

Twenty Four

Hugh Malone posted:

:agreed:

I'm way more freaked out by all the ghosts that I didn't know were right near me than by the ones I see every day

One time I was playing StarCraft and I didn't know I was surrounded by a bunch of hostile Ghosts and then I heard "Nuclear Launch Detected" a bunch of times and it was super scary!

ZogrimAteMyHamster

I once saw a friend walk past the doorway into the kitchen, but he was upstairs at the time looking for a PS2 game so it couldn't have been him :ghost:

Some of my belongings turned out to be naught but ghosts too. Oh wait no, I was burgled that time.

Matoi Ryuko

I found a poem in a field that seemed to be addressed to me about 2 weeks after my mom passed away from cancer.

WindmillSlayer

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I found a poem in a field that seemed to be addressed to me about 2 weeks after my mom passed away from cancer.

this post is the ghost of whitenoise past

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I can find water underground using water dousing

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

One time a ghost was buzzing in front of my face and I inhaled really quickly and ate the ghost.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

One time a ghost was buzzing in front of my face and I inhaled really quickly and ate the ghost.

blecch!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

was vaping some weed and the cloud looked like a spooky ghost face and i got a little anxious but then i realized it was just the weed paranoia

TheBlackDuke

a few years ago when my wife was out with her friends I had a few brews and found the old ouiji board and set it up in the bathroom (normal place for spirits) and tried to contact the ghost of John Astin and I never really got a good signal but there were some unusual sounds coming from the roof area that I’d never heard before and haven’t heard since

I never shared that story with anyone before now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
I went to a off-limits city nursery in the park at night to steal a potted plant, and it was too dark. I also heard noises in the bushes like there might have been a person or animal rustling inside it. at that point i could ltierally feel in my bones that someone was telling me not to steal, and my body was shaking. i turned around

• Locked thread