Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

the bengals won't win the division but they are blatantly better than the ravens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the bengals are worse than the Ravens and Browns, but will win the division.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I need a Josh Gordon Avatar, but I don't really want to give up my Joe Thomas one.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Flikken posted:

I need a Josh Gordon Avatar, but I don't really want to give up my Joe Thomas one.

Just read he is off the NFL whatever list and was doing walk throughs at practice this morning. bark

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Cavauro posted:

the bengals are worse than the Ravens and Browns, but will win the division.

This feels right.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
lol i still cant believe the ravens saved Martin Lewis's job by playing like garbage

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

A big flaming stink posted:

lol i still cant believe the ravens saved Martin Lewis's job by playing like garbage

marv was staying anyway

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

A big flaming stink posted:

I googled Martin Lewis and got this

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Black Sunshine posted:

If Khalil Mack is traded then I'll become a full-time Browns fan

Always rooted for the Browns anyway since I'm from NE Ohio so this will be an easy transition.

Can't wait for interim coach Todd Haley to take the reigns and skullfuck anyone who pisses him off.

Let's go the Browns, bitch

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
the duck is going on with mr L bell?

Is he actually sitting out until week 10?

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

yeah prolly

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So I'm going to be on an intercontinental flight w/o internet for the Bengals game. I want y'all to think Bengals updates very hard at me during the game. If I don't pick up anything I'ma assume y'all never loved me.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

So I'm going to be on an intercontinental flight w/o internet for the Bengals game. I want y'all to think Bengals updates very hard at me during the game. If I don't pick up anything I'ma assume y'all never loved me.

*I'm glad the Bengals lost*

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

sharknado slashfic posted:

*I'm glad the Bengals lost*

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Browns 6-10, Wild Card game. Print the shirts.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to be quite suspicious if I start picking that up at 2:00 Eastern...

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Eifert Posting posted:

It's fine, you said you wouldn't watch anymore. Remember? I remember.

quote:

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The new helmet rule and the fact that players can be ejected, fined, suspended etc. for hits like he described is kind of like making personal fouls reviewable.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So do you just have that in a text file or what? Pretty sure the same thread is where I described the boycot I'm still following. You can take a look if you are interested.

Play posted:

The new helmet rule and the fact that players can be ejected, fined, suspended etc. for hits like he described is kind of like making personal fouls reviewable.

Eh, we'll see how they enforce it, but I am optimistic about the rule as written. Having the plays qualify for review would keep people more honest, but it does seem to have caused a greater focus on form tackling.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think you should talk more about the struggles of boycotting so that people will understand it better and stop being rear end holes.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

p great day in the AFC North

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No one lost in the AFC North today!!!

schmug
May 20, 2007

Flikken posted:

No one lost in the AFC North today!!!

The Greatest Division

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
That was the Most Browns Way Possible to break a losing streak.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

THE RAVENS HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL. THE RAVENS HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL. JOE FLACCO BEAT THE STEELERS BILLS AND THE RAVENS HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL THERES A PARADE IN BALTIMORE ALREADY AND JOE'S ON HIS WAY TO DISNEYWORLD

THE RAVENS HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007

Eat poo poo. Hail @y!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

huh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raku posted:

Ownership before preseason started : "I believe Hue still has the magic."
Hue's best season: 1
Hue's worst season: 0

Ownership wants Hue to win between 0 and 1 games to keep his job

they did it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Never give them more than they ask

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

0-0-16 Is Real

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fifty Three posted:

0-0-16 Is Real

what's the most amount of ties the Browns can have and still make the wild card game

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

what's the most amount of ties the Browns can have and still make the wild card game

You could theoretically qualify with 10 losses and 6 ties if everyone in the division tied each other and lost to everyone else

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fifty Three posted:

0-0-16 Is Real

But what would the Browns record be?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

But what would the Browns record be?
:golfclap:

Wouldn't even be mad.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Flikken posted:

Hey, at least you don't need to change your avatar back now

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Couldn't you have done this on Friday morning so I didn't have to hear hot takes about the Ravens all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Hey, at least you don't need to change your avatar back now

:smith: