Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Mason Rudolph is garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Bengals will win AFC n

Steelers 3rd in division.

You know neither of these things are happening, son

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

So... what happen to the Steelers' defense?

Shazier was an exceptional player and leader

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Steelers will not be in the playoffs.

This fuckin' guy

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

31 hours until the best rivalry in all of the NFL

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Lol.

By the way thanks to tiebreakers Steelers are in the basement

Until next week when you take your annual shithousing in Paul Brown

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Bengals have this wrapped up.

They're the Bengals, and they will start their slide next week

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

They play pittsburgh who are kind of lovely. There's flashes of their old selves like today but they are on the decline.

If you say so, Mr Never Right!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Zerilan posted:

Pittsburgh needs to keep letting their D be aggressive constantly like they were today. They're normally lovely enough at coverage that when they drop 8 and play soft coverage they get burnt deep anyway, so may as well send the house more and aim to force some turnovers.

Sums it up

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

What Phantom injury do you think Ben Roethlisberger will claim when the Steelers lose by more than two scores next week?

Who knows? What's his record in Paul Brown stadium?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ah, yes, the 3rd youngest team in the NFL is in decline, Kawalimus

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Metapod posted:

The qb is all that matters

That's cool. You know which team won a shitton of games with no franchise QB from 1984-2004?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm on the wall pretty hard if you think shift from 1984 to 2004 applies in the modern NFL.

Hahaha you win like 10 games per season every other year with the QB who is the measuring stick for league average

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Cavauro posted:

how many more years does ben have at his current weight, and how many would he have left if he lost 50 pounds and how many would he have left if he gained 100 pounds

I don't know, friend. He's pretty slim right now

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

League average is a god send compared to being a team in perpetual search of "The Guy". I remember the Ravens before Flacco. Super Bowl or no it sucked having a rotating cast of bad and worse at QB.

Yeah, I remember the Steelers days there too. They went to 6 AFC title games and SB appearance during that time

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I don't know how to tell you this, but it's not 2012 anymore. Also David Bowie's dead and Donald Trump is president.

Hmm, are you suggesting that Andy's one outlier season in 2015 means he's an elite QB? That's the gist I'm getting here despite his 7 other seasons

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Butter Hole posted:

2018 andy>2018 ben don't @ me

NFL passing leaders 2018:

1. Goff
2. Cousins
3. Roethlisberger

13. Dalton

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Browns fans are infinitely better than Bengals fans who iinstantly become haughty the minute they have a winning record, imo

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I think we can all be friends.

I don't wish bad things for anyone's teams except the Ravens, tho they have my respect

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

peter king watching the bengals last second field goal sail through the uprights to beat the steelers 31-30 pouring another glass of bourbon realizing he can't ignore writing about the bengals anymore

When you awoke from this dream, you found that you'd soiled your tighty whiteys

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Breshad Perriman

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

We dey, bitch

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Steelers are trying to trade for Patrick Peterson

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I just read an article saying the Bengals should because Peterson is such a Steelers move. Well.

With the ever-increasing enmity between Bell and the team, plus not having any significant upcoming contracts, plus Burns' meltdown, there's a good chance the Steelers go after an impact defensive signing before the trade deadline. It's going to be a corner, and it looks like Peterson is the target.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Play posted:

Peterson is struggling in the new zone scheme which the Cardinals switched too this offseason. It just doesn't play to his strengths. I actually thought it would be good for him (and he's still been good) but the fact is that scheme totally underutilizes him. He needs to go to a team that is comfortable playing press man or at least zone with man principles like cover 4. In that scheme he could play a very similar role to Xavier Rhodes, traveling with the other team's best receivers and locking up the outside. I'm sure Pittsburgh would love to be able to put more guys at the line of scrimmage but right now the talent isn't really there for it. I guess when you think about it there are very few teams in the NFL that couldn't use a guy like Peterson.

Of course he's not as young as he once was. But he's still an absolute baller. I'm sure there are a lot of teams that will be putting out feelers on him

The Steelers' percentage of zone vs man this year is 57% man vs 15% zone matching vs 28% straight up zone

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

No. They’re not getting a 2nd. No way

Wait is Play a raiders fan?

I think he's mostly a Rams fan

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

This is too good to be true

Our corporate offices are within the sightline of Heinz, so I often lunch with people who work in the building. This is straight from a team employee

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1053749612576759809?s=21

Burfict with the six figure fine no one was expecting

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Justin Tucker

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

lmao

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Gatts posted:

It may feel like people were looking to fault Hue but now they’re feeling bad with the risk of actual consequence he can get fired.

I’m not opposed to it, I don’t feel his heart is in it, but it’s tough because top down the front office sucks rear end and there no hope and whatnot. Like finally Dorsey came in and picked Baker and Ward so I’m more curious if this was luck or if we have something to build on for competent people and Hue was a bad evaluator and coach.

He’s not a great coach but the problems are more than just him. I’d argue as others suggest, what has he added? And I get nothing. It feels like he’s a non factor.

And if he were to go, who would take his place? Are they any better?

Todd Haley is a step up from Hue, even as just an interim HC, even if he's an abrasive rear end in a top hat. He's not a long-term solution, however. Dorsey built the Alex Smith era Chiefs, and he's clearly a fantastic draft guy. Even if your owner is a Jerry Jones lite, the Browns are improved the minute they are rid of Hue, as people in this forum have been saying for months.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Thank you Steelers for getting another Browns coach fired.

6 consecutive fired after losing in Pgh

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

'Steelers get better as the year goes on' is more that they are usually comically under prepared the first few weeks and coasting on talent.

It's because not one of their important starters play a single significant snap in preseason, so it takes the entire month of September for the team to get timing and on field communications to gel

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

So what do my AFCN bros think their teams will target in the draft?

Short of using free agency (which they won't), I see a combo of LB/RT in the first two rounds for the Bengals.

Endless cycle of 1st round LB/ 2nd round CB who will bust like every draft, Pinky

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The two problems I see with the Ravens is that philosophically, they're still drafting for pre-2010 defenses as their top priority. The entire league is about offense 1st, pray you've invested enough in defense, where the Ravens are still the reverse. The other thing is that they clearly don't invest in top flight coordinators. If your HC isn't Belichick level, then you better have some bright coordinators. The Ravens' coordinators are afterthoughts, much like Flacco's skill position players.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

i dont think thats particularly true, its just every single time they have a decent coordinator hes immediately poached for an hc job. they spent a lot on kubiak, even got a promise from he he wouldnt leave and then he immediately left(for his dream job of hcing where he started and no one was mad about it but it still was lovely luck). caldwell got to be our oc for like 1.5 seasons before a job, didnt even get a full calendar year of chuck pagano.

on top of that, they had a pretty long track record of good DCs/defensive guys going on to be head coaches like marvin lewis, and then the last one in that line was rex ryan who just took the entire staff with him when he left, just up and robbed it all and suddenly its gregg mattison time

Pre-2010, sure. Not really since. Kubiak may have been the only good OC Flacco has had in his entire career

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

in like 2009 or something i thought kawalimus was a troll, i googled his name and found a baltimore sun account with like 40k+ posts all saying the same stuff he was saying here

lmao

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Was it this, or was it the other way around, man? Like whooooaa.

Can someone other than Kawalimus pinpoint for me what exactly are Harbaugh's flaws? I haven't watched a ton of Ravens games but there doesn't seem to be anything glaring. Or is this just an Andy Reid situation where he needs somewhere to go and reset?

quote is not edit

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

He suffers the same fatal flaw as every non-Belichik coach in the NFL who has won a SB -- he's good, but not great.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

It's cool when your favorite team doesn't even have to play on Sunday, yet still wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Mike Tomlin owns.