Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
lol i still cant believe the ravens saved Martin Lewis's job by playing like garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

almost every single major contributor to that superbowl win was drafted or signed under harbaugh, that doesnt really mesh with a weird revisionist inherited a superbowl team idea. whatever you think about him now its absurd to claim he didn't make that ravens team much, much better. It had not had a deep playoff run since 2003 and went on 5 in a row including a superbowl as soon as he arrived

since you are a dunce yourself this isn't me arguing about the here and now I just take exception to you claiming he just lucked into a great team or something. The team very obviously became better after he arrived, irrespective of if you think hes not the coach they need going forward.

still, as much as you can credit Harbaugh for making the ravens a superbowl-winning team years ago, you also kind of have to blame him when they've been consistently bad for years (missing the playoffs consecutively is bad for the ravens)

it could be he use to be a good coach and he's just been left behind the league.

or he's the type of coach who can elevate talent around him but cant compensate for good talent.

I'd say it's a sort of Andy-Reid-fired-from-eagles situation, except harbaugh is nowhere near as good of a coach as andy reid who is second only to bill belichick right now.

god i can't believe i'm agreeing with kawalimus's histrionics.

e: also, as far as specific complaints to have about coaching, we seem to be loving awful at scheming our receiving options open. from my idiot brain view there is never any loving separation from receivers. Flacco is at his best when he can take deep shots on go routes but still has a safety valve from a good possession tight end or rb like Heap or ray rice. I think this is a consequence of harbaugh just not prioritizing a talented offensive coordinator, or maybe whiffing on good TEs every loving year for the past 10 years or something.

that said the state of our special teams right now is loving unforgivable considering that's harbaugh's one expertise.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 6, 2018

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I do think Marvin Lewis is a great coach. He has gotten some pretty great results with a bad ownership situation in Cincinnati and iirc he basically does all the drafting too. No he hasn't had success in the playoffs but I don't think there's some magical reason why he couldn't. Plus he has a history with the Ravens and has shown he can develop offensive talent which is the kind of guy we need. He is the coach I want here.

marvin lewis is a marginally more successful version of rex ryan.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That’s three hands.

lol look at this loving scrub that doesn't know about an obscure sci fi series written by an incredibly sexist author

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yall aren't ready for the browns to start winning. The fanbase is ready to give Patriots fans competition in douchery

dude nobody is ready for the browns to start winning. Winning is literally unprecedented for their franchise*

*the browns pre-99 are literally the ravens. your winning team was stolen by baltimore and you were given a punchline of a franchise in exchange.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
does philly count as PA or is it dishonorable jersey?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
:airquote: play :airquote:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

I don't remember anything about Gendo other than him getting outed as a creeper. Wasn't he Vikings?

he was the one who posted that gif "highlight" of ponder with "God is dead" in it

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Odovaucer posted:

And Gophers. Wait...what creepy poo poo did Gendo do? ...I don't want to know the answer do I

the least of it is stalking some girl online

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
what makes a bird a warbler?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

New England is such a team-oriented franchise that even their videographers and ball boys can be the keys to the dynasty.

Even their snakeoil salesmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

a patagonian cavy posted:

The bengals drool