Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I think the future is....

1. Browns
2. Ravens
3. Cincinnati
4. Steelers

Browns have Mayfield and Ravens have Lamar. So I think those two are gonna have teams built around them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Cavauro posted:

not spending a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rounder on a QB anymore will be helpful for Cleveland's the browns.

Would have been nice to have that when had like a decade of 2 first round picks that didn't go anywhere. Like, Jesus, how do we ever do that again cause now I'm worried we only have 1 going forward.

I'm ready for the draft. I wanna fantasy pick.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Cleveland is pretty good. Ohio has Cedar Point. Things are affordable. I dunno. It's not bad.

Other places are good to visit.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Who is the best Tackle and Wide Reciever that we think is gonna declare?

My understanding is that there are 3 stud DTs tho that are almost can't miss.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wonder if this Bosa can survive after losing his bro. Otherwise we may need to send Tom Hanks in to get him out of the NFL

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I just want to note that I was not supportive of Baker Mayfield being drafted #1 for the Browns and I was wrong. Ward was also a great pick. I think whoever chose this draft knew what they were doing for once. I hope to see this happen next year.

I wonder where we will fall in the picks line. I'm gonna guess around #8 - #10 range this time.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Awwwww yeeeaahhhh....

That'd be cool tho I'd be very confused and have no idea what's going on if we where there.

Anywhere above 10 would be both good and bad.

Good because we are winning and I should take it as positive.

Bad cause it's not enough winning and will put us out of line for the big time studs in the top 5 picks thus not allowing us to win further very easily.

Maybe we should tank the season and end up picking #2. It's what I know.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I was on the Baker train his entire senior year :colbert: and thought Ward was fine because we had no corners worth a poo poo.

Shameful browns fan that can't scout.

I wanted Jackson and Barkley. I KNOW HOW TO SCOUT!! (Maybe don't see my previous Goon NFL Drafts)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Do you though....

No, I'm pretty good with where we're at. Barkley is good tho.

Do we think Chubb can be a full time RB at some point or is he limited to what he's doing now? I suppose it depends on the OLine.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Flikken posted:

I Think Duke should have gotten a shot as a 3 down back.

I like Duke a lot and get the feeling he's fighting for time. My hope is Chubb is good enough to let Hyde walk and we get a Chubb/Johnson :newlol: combo.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

With the news of Amari Cooper being on the tradeblock I hate Browns fans even more.

Yeah okay my bad, I didn't know he sucked, alright.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Sooooo....we traded Carlos Hyde for a 5th? I'd have thought a 3rd.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Go Browns!

I also think Jackson is fronting the tough attitude stuff. He should be careful.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

This is an empty stadium 1 hour before game time...right?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Goddamnit the Browns have a long way to go.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So. Browns remainder 2019 Schedule:

8: Pittsburgh
9: Kansas City
10: Atlanta
11: BYE WEEK
12: Cincinnati
13: Houston
14: Carolina
15: Denver
16: Cincinnati
17: Baltimore

:newlol: The only teams with losing record is Atlanta and Denver. I don't think the Browns are beating Atlanta cause I think Matt Ryan is gonna be able to chuck a few more TDs than our offense. May luck out with Denver...if Von Miller doesn't kill Baker.

I think the Nick Bosa sweepstakes are on for the Browns but I think it could end up at...

1. NY Giants
2. Oakland Raiders
3. Browns
4. Arizona Cardinals.

Hopefully Eli fuckery causes the Giants to win a couple more games they shouldn't win and that leaves the Raiders at #1 who I think would pick a QB.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Isn't Bosa hurt? Isn't pass rusher one of Cleveland's strengths?

Bosa is supposed to heal by December. BUT if they're in shooting range I'd think they should consider it.

I did forget the Bills and Colts are also cellar dwellers.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It may feel like people were looking to fault Hue but now they’re feeling bad with the risk of actual consequence he can get fired.

I’m not opposed to it, I don’t feel his heart is in it, but it’s tough because top down the front office sucks rear end and there no hope and whatnot. Like finally Dorsey came in and picked Baker and Ward so I’m more curious if this was luck or if we have something to build on for competent people and Hue was a bad evaluator and coach.

He’s not a great coach but the problems are more than just him. I’d argue as others suggest, what has he added? And I get nothing. It feels like he’s a non factor.

And if he were to go, who would take his place? Are they any better?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Real talk. What if the Patriots make the post season and Bill throws a dump truck of money at Joe Thomas to Offensive Line....

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

schmug posted:

wait, what?

Hue is fired.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The one thing I was reading is the top 4 Defensive Tackles are really good if Bosa declares. I haven't heard much hype for WRs or OL in comparison but it's earlyish. I'm not sure who is going to be a free agent either.

I'd think it ends up as....

1. NY Giants
2. Oakland Raiders
3. SF 49ers
4. Buffalo Bills
5. Cleveland Browns

I think the Raiders, Bills, and Giants would go for QBs.

Had to adjust.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 30, 2018

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-2hJ7ZYBT2Xpm34

quote:

Bruce Arians: I'd only come out of retirement for Browns

For what its worth.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Is the draft coming?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I think Freddie Kitchens is the main deal. He makes our offense go

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Next up, Ravens.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Browns in the playoffs. All the lmaos.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hope that Browns win and the Steelers and Ravens lose. Don’t ask the Browns to give it to the Ravens, ask the Bengals to perform against the Steelers

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Steelers are deffo not gonna win the Super Bowl

Chargers - Rams: King Phillip is gonna get his ring

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Browns Ravens is going to be called by Romo and Nantz

Awesome

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Can it be more Freddie Kitchens on Offense and having less Hue Jackson than anything Gregg Williams? Is that a possibility? I feel like if the Browns win on Sunday, Gregg has earned a shot at coaching next year.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I like that the AFC thread is getting so hype we're already brawling at the end of this season and will continue through the next season. This is thanks to the Browns being good.0

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
"Mayfield in the Kitchen baking a storm while Brownie looks on from the Dawg Pound."
"CHUBB GETS THE BALL!"
"Wait...no..."

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm really digging my juvenile ace quarterback.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
gently caress da Steelers!

Also looking forward to the Browns in 2019. Excited.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Lamar Jackson was my pick for QB over Baker before the draft, and I'm happy the way it turned out and getting Baker. Glad that Lamar is going to the postseason, go kick rear end man.

Looking forward to Baker - Lamar rivalry.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Get Bent Big Ben. BENT.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So what was said by Mike Tomlin at noon today?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So first Leveon Bell and now Antonio Brown, the Steelers best players having issues. Even Big Baby Ben had issues thinking he was gonna get a bench next to a newbie and didn't want to help guide that person.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I predict the Steelers are going to the basement with the Bengals for the next decade. It's gonna be a Browns - Ravens division.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Was he good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Yes it is truly great