Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Lmao at people excited about the browns

Are you kidding me they are still the Cleveland browns how stupid are you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
still lol at browns fans pretending like they have turned the corner the same way they did in the Derek Anderson era

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Oberst posted:

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

dang, good post imo. glad you showed this to me

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
the afc north is rly good and the browns are really bad. wish they could get it together and stop bringing the whole division down but they just cant :(

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Eifert Posting posted:

The Browns would have made the playoffs if the Titans hadn't had such a soft schedule. Their young quarterback showed a lot of promise, I think Derek is going to be really good. Also it's too early to tell, but I think Joe Thomas may be a probowl level tackle.

Also why are you talking about Donald Trump, did you just watch Home Alone Two? I guess anyone would be better than W am I right?

ah, so you did stop watching football when you had the big meltdown

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Ghost Dog posted:

joey porter

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Joey porter just wins games. Rip Joey

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why isn’t sustainable? Because one team stopped it.

That’s like arguing actually Peyton Manning is a fraud because of those years the pats shut him down.

Before you say the offense can’t work let’s wait until its stopped consistently instead of overreacting hard.

He seems real bad op

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I may be confusing him with another Bengals poster. Too many Andy avatars. Who's the dude who quit football for a half breath after the Bengals/Steelers playoff game?

this is the biggest own possible on marsh lol

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
It Oberst's birthday today, and he's 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!!!

*every dead player from the AFC North and also their dead family members shows up for a HUGE party*

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Metapod posted:

They are playing the wrong video game 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Get this dude peggle

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Big lol

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
69 pages in and the entire state of ohio should still be banished from this earth

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Bigass Moth posted:

Ohio is quite good.

wtf ban this hate speech

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
https://twitter.com/BostonDotCom/status/1097894103382196224

rip oberst

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Oberst posted:

The Ravens own so loving much

Rip

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Its been one week since oberst died. In lieu of flowers, please leave a note of "Kawalimus was right" in the AFC:N thread

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Bengals denying any interest in ever competing

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
He’s just going to be bad at football like literally everyone else

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Hi all, made a discord for us browns fans to discuss them in peace away from all the trolls

https://discord.gg/FhxAJ7y

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You shamed yourself before Baker with this.

baker loving sucks and so do the browns lol

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
no city or town with an nfl franchise is livable

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
It’s ok to move on from these dumps and still root for the team

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Lol

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Flikken posted:

Forums-> Sports Argument Stadium-> The Football Funhouse-> The AFC North: There are actually more than two teams in the division

lmao no

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
The browns and bengals could have their team planes crash into one another and both would get better after the emergency draft of AAF castoffs

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

FuzzySkinner posted:

I uh.

Don't think you understand sports all that well.

They literally can’t get worse than “two worst franchises ever”

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Cavauro posted:

The Cincinnati bengals are exactly like Pasquale Caggiano, seven time candidate for Mayor of Lynn, Massachusetts. However, they're actually not. Pasquale was elected on his final attempt and died three months into his term. the bengals died dried up inside of a tissue in a trash can

Lmao

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Ghost Dog posted:

the mundane witlessness of browns posters itt reminds me of the endless loving avalanche of packers posters, a veritable army of them just endlessly talking about their 4th string fullback being the best in the league. that kind of espn 14 round table eventually drove gendo to be a sex pest and like oberst is just sitting there with a deliverance voice, overalls and a straw hat petting his pet pig and yall wanna play games

Lmao

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Oberst posted:

br*wns suck lol

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Kawalimus posted:

I wish i were a blackburnian warbler. Probably not honestly cause migrating would be a lot of stress and id probably fly into a window and die. Also my habitat under threat.

Today they were all gone!! :( but theres still plenty of time left for more to come through.

When i saw the blackburnian yesterday i typed it into our text group and minutes later the guy who runs the group showed up behind me and was like "where was it". That scared me!

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

BrownThunder posted:

All hail the Life Bird

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Cavauro posted:

make that simpsons image, where it means "that's the joke that was said, and you just said it again!" the background of this forum in my dumb rear end opinion. still deliberating over stretched, tiled or centered

Stretched

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

smugbird indeed, parmesan basil

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
[goose and rg3 singing]
Haloti Ngata

It means no hurries