Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
So... what happen to the Steelers' defense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Ward will probably be a better player than Verrett, I think. Jason was a good player but he was injured going back to TCU and IMO he never had the ball skills in coverage that Ward does.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The impression I always had of John Harbaugh is that he's very good at the big picture stuff and getting the team motivated to compete and play hard, but that he also delegates a ton of stuff to assistant coaches who he trusts too much, and takes forever to get rid of them even if they aren't that good. (like Cam Cameron and Dean Pees)

That being said i'm willing to admit i'm wrong if that's the case.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Ghost Dog posted:

yeah i was mostly just wierded out by the implication that a qb never made a leap under harbaugh as if he was some dastardly anti rookie qb coach when he won a superbowl with a quarterback he developed. that doesnt necessarily translate but then again no one anywhere has even the slightest idea of how to consistently develop quarterbacks. lamar has as much of a shot as anyone, which is to say its probably a long shot

the only really surefire dude at developing QBs is probably Andy Reid and there aren't exactly a bunch of clones of him running around so, your best bet is for him to take his lumps and hope he learns and grows from it.