Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Dubious posted:

the browns are garbage

The Browns will win six games this year. Next year fans will be talking Super Bowl. No real progress can be made until Jackson is fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

I'm starting to think Hue Jackson trying to get fired. How else do you explain putting your injured first team QB back into a meaningless game? Maybe he has come to terms with the fact he just isn't head coach material, and he is trying his best to get ownership to catch on.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Shazir is dead as gently caress

So many great buckeyes lost like tears in the rain RIP OSU defensive greats.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

I have a co-worker who is a "hardcore" Steelers fan. The kind of guy who spits blood if you say something like the Steelers have the biggest bandwagon fans in the league. Anyway today he was telling me how he can't wait for the Pens to start because he is totally done with football this year. God I hope they keep losing for the next few years, because I guarantee 60% of those old Steelers faithful will suddenly be Jaguar fans, or some poo poo.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Wrong thread

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

AFCN really is the best division. What other division has such an insane history between all the teams?

"The Browns"
The Artist formerly known as the Browns
The Artist formerly known as the Browns little brother aka the Cintucky Massillon Tigers
Everyone's most hated rival.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

The Browns are lions being lead by donkeys. I just hope they don't waste more seasons with Hue because he starts posting Jeff Fisher records. A better coach is rolling teams by double digits with this roster.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Oberst posted:

Limas Sweed

3.3 million, 7 catches, 69 yards, super bowl champ.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

God I hope we can win on Saturday night. The last time the Browns beat the Broncos Johnny Carson was still the host of the tonight show. The World Wide Web was a month from existing. East Germany, and West Germany had only officially reunited five days before the game. Its been drat near 30 years is what I'm getting at.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

No Irish Need Imply posted:

i think there has to be much more than that

Watch Hue's pres conferences. Hue seems like a smug hard headed idiot who has no sense of awareness, and no willingness to change game plans that don't work. Hue literally made the GM trade away Hyde so that he would use Chubb more than twice a game. At that point Chubb was averaging around 85 yards and a TD on those two to three carries Hue gave him per game. From the outside looking in Hue comes off as a guy who will never admit fault, or adjust "his plan" simply because the team is a tire fire. Now imagine that guy is your boss, and he is getting you beat up both physically and mentally every day.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Gatts posted:

Steelers are deffo not gonna win the Super Bowl

Chargers - Rams: King Phillip is gonna get his ring

It'd be nice to see Rivers get one. However I have a sinking feeling that New England is going to turn it on once the playoffs start, and roll everyone. The Pats are the monster in a horror movie that we are all sure is really "dead" this time.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Break out the Dawson bar bitches!

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Chris James 2 posted:

Stupider things have happened than "guy fired after making playoffs" but I guess it's not technically impossible if they immediately lose

Except that's impossible because they're winning out

Raven fire Harbaugh after his team makes playoffs. Bengals hire Hue Jackson after he tanks two teams in the same year. The AFCN has a weird yet delicate balance.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

When the Browns moved in 94 I tried to watch the Bengals as a stand in till the Browns came back. Little did I know that Jeff Blake, Akili Smith, and Ki Jana Carter 95- 99 Bengals were the perfect conditioning i'd need for the "New Browns" poo poo show of the past 20 years.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Borsche69 posted:

But he wouldn't also scramble as good. Football is a land of contrasts.

Dwayne Haskins is going to turn the NFL on its head next year by being the most statuesque pocket passer the league has ever seen. Coaches and owners alike will be confused and mystified when the "multi threat" QB they drafted refuses to run and just drops back to throw ropes like Jeff George. I can't tell you how many arguments I've gotten into this year with racist OSU fans who couldn't understand why Haskins just won't run and make plays like JT Barrett did. When I would point out that Haskins is a traditional pocket passer like Peyton Manning, they just stare at me like I have a third eye.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Jimmy Haslem needs to mail Mike Brown Hue's coaching chair. Hue is going to need something to point to for the next 10 -15 years when people ask why he has the job. Marvin never won a playoff game, Hue will be the longest tenured coach never to win a divisional game.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-coaching-rumors-peyton-manning-has-interest-in-browns-getting-adam-gase-and-is-in-owners-ear/

Welp, it was a fun season time for Jimmy to ignore Dorsey, and ruin the team again. Peyton Manning is in Jimmy's ear right now sabotaging any chance Mayfeild might have at breaking more of his records.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Hockles posted:

My uncle is a realtor, and he told me that Antonio Brown is looking at houses in Strongsville.

I heard that Bill Cower is buying the house next door to AB's.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Eifert Posting posted:

The Browns would have made the playoffs if the Titans hadn't had such a soft schedule. Their young quarterback showed a lot of promise, I think Derek is going to be really good. Also it's too early to tell, but I think Joe Thomas may be a probowl level tackle.

Also why are you talking about Donald Trump, did you just watch Home Alone Two? I guess anyone would be better than W am I right?

This post reminded me that Derek " The Moose from Scappoose" Anderson started an NFL game in the year of our lord 2018. It truly was an amazing season of football. :unsmith:

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Borsche69 posted:

He will always be a Ravens RB to everyone. This is because he played for the Ravens.

IDK I have very fond memories of him as a Brown. He was a beast, and I loved watching him run even after his best years were behind him.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Happy for Kitchens though I was really on the Bob Wylie band wagon. We could've been the first team to out fat Andy Reed.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Bigass Moth posted:

The scholars of the future will question, “who was better, Antonio Brown or Frisman Jackson?” The answer will be lost to time.

Its weird how certain players evoke one play that you remember them for, and nothing else. The only thing I remember about Jacksons career is that he knee'd an Eagles player in the head on a kick return, and the Philly guy had to be carted off the field. It was the first professional play of Jackson's career if I remember right. I also remember Frisman Jackson wore number 19, and that I thought it was odd that the Browns hadn't retired Bernie's number.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Welp, time to pack it in boys the Browns are going to own the division next year.

https://www.alligator.org/sports/the-cleveland-browns-will-win-the-afc-north-and-maybe/article_6d9fee7a-156b-11e9-afc4-df00c0aea416.html

I just hope we can get some super bowl chants going during training camp like we had before the 2008 season.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Bigass Moth posted:

Yep Greg Joseph and his kicking leg, graded “not bad” by Football Kickers Monthly.

Anything would look "not bad" after the travesty that was Zane Gonzalez. Pretty sure there are straight on square toe kickers from the 50s with better fg percentages. Still can't believe he managed to sneak back onto an NFL roster.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Funny video of how the Hue Jackson interview went in Cincinnati.

https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/1084657416782913536

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Purple Aki?

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m so excited to see the Cleveland Browns win the super bowl this weekend!

The Rams are the NFL's original Cleveland franchise. If the Rams win, the SB title rightfully belongs to the Browns, as do the Ravens two SB victories. Cleveland really has three SB titles bi-proxy. If the Bengals ever won one that would belong in Cleveland too.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

It was sad to see the Browns miss out on gaining their 45th championship yesterday. However it was nice to see a young upstart organization like the Pats get to hang their 6th banner.

Now you may ask yourself "How is this possible? The Browns have 44 championships? I've always been told the Browns suck." Well I'm sorry to say that your poor opinion of the Browns is founded in ignorance. Anyone who believes the Browns are losers obviously has a poor grasp of the NFL timeline, and the complicated history of our beloved franchise. Allow me to break it down for you.

From 1902 - 1919 The Browns won the Ohio league championship 18 times. For those not in the know the Ohio league was the precursor to the NFL. All Ohio league championships are NFL championships are Super Bowl championships. All of the the Ohio league titles default to the Browns due to proximity to Cleveland. But what about the Bengals? The Bengals are the Browns Jr everyone knows that. Therefore all Ohio teams were the Browns.

1920 Akron Pros (Counts as a Browns championship due to proximity)
1922 Canton Bulldogs (Counts as a Browns championship due to becoming the Cleveland Bulldogs)
1923 Canton Bulldogs (Counts as a Browns championship due to becoming the Cleveland Bulldogs)
1924 Cleveland Bulldogs (Browns get the first three peat in NFL history!)
1945 Cleveland Rams (By transitive Properties this counts as a Browns victory)
1946 Browns win AAFC championship. (Superior league to the NFL so it counts over the NFL champion)
1947 Browns win AAFC championship. (Superior league to the NFL so it counts over the NFL champion)
1948 Browns win AAFC championship. (Superior league to the NFL so it counts over the NFL champion)
1949 Browns win AAFC championship. (Superior league to the NFL so it counts over the NFL champion)
1950 Browns win NFL championship. (Merge with NFL drag along the 49ers, and crush inferior NFL competition)
1951 Rams win NFL championship. (Impossible for Cleveland to lose with two Browns reps in the final!)
1954 Browns win another NFL championship!
1958 Colts win NFL title. (The Colts are the Ravens are the Browns)
1959 Colts win the Browns back to back NFL titles baby!
1964 Browns win NFL championship. Jim Brown carries Cleveland to yet another title.
1970 The Chiefs win SB ( Chiefs are the Dallas Texans who were the Dayton Triangles, who are the Browns.)
1971 Colts win another SB for the good guys.
1982 49ers win SB (AAFC team only in the NFL by backpacking on the Browns. Therefore a 49er win = a Browns win)
1985 49ers win SB. Another one for the old AAFC and the Browns.
1989 49ers win SB. Proving yet again why the Browns were the team of the 80s.
1990 49ers crush the Broncos 55-10. Browns gain revenge for loses in the 86 - 87 AFC championship games.
1995 49ers represent the AAFC once more in a dominate SB victory rasing the Browns total to 40!
2000 Rams bring in the new millennium with yet another Browns SB title!
2001 Ravens help the Browns keep the streak alive into the 2000s!
2007 Colts bring the Browns another SB after a long six year drought.
2013 Ravens beat the 49ers (Another no lose game for the right to earn the Browns their 44th title)

There you have it. The storied history of the winningest franchise in the NFL. I hope that you have been enlightened, and educated by this informative post. A lot of research, and time went into finding the true championship history of the Cleveland Browns. I'd like to thank the Crimson Tide National Championship Trust for helping me compile this comprehensive list.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

The AFC North: Unlivable Cities Shithole Conference

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Borsche69 posted:

There's like a million cheap rear end cities. Why the gently caress would you pick that garbage over Pittsburgh or Louisville or Memphis.

Because The Queen City sounds way better than The Steel City. But why would you choose either of those when you could live in The Mistake By The Lake?

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Ooo, I'll answer this: because Pittsburgh is the only Rust Belt city to have recovered both economically and environmentally

Pittsburgh sold out and lost its gritty blue collar edge. Pittsburgh is like a lame PG-13 remake of a once proud hard R franchise.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Fifty Three posted:

Have you ever set foot in Pittsburgh

Yes, it has worst infrastructure of all the AFCN cities. The one thing I will give it credit for is that the baseball field is one of the best, if not the best in the majors. Too bad about the team that plays in it though.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Bigass Moth posted:

He was no Gerard Warren.

Dude he has no help, just wait till Courtney Brown gets healthy. Our D-line is going to start mauling people once we get them all on the field.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Can Anthony Munoz's jersey really be considered a ring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

BrownThunder posted:

I’m convinced this is all code words for human trafficking

I think you are mistaking us for the AFC East thread. Thats where the Pats fans hang out.