Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

did marsh think that marsh defend your thoughts by apologizing profusely for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

you dont just bench the 2008 diet pepsi rookie of the year

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Imagine having the privilege of accepting Joe Flacco's seed, allowing him to ejaculate deep inside of you dozens of times so that your body can be a vessel for his dynasty.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

benched up 40 pts in the superbowl

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

opi

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Oberst posted:

Suggs is 1st ballot HOF

joe too

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

defaultluser posted:

I know I' asking too much here from the Professional Worrier (TM), but you should stop worrying about the Bengals. Almost every year they win the division is because they SWEPT the division, and then stumble their way through four-five other close games with lovely teams.

Marvin Lewis is a one-trick pony, with absolutely no flexibility. It's the reason he hasn't won a single playoff game in fifteen years. even though he's has seven trips with two different quarterbacks.

He builds his teams to beat the AFC North, nothing more.

Also, he''s not sweeping the north this year. Both we a Cicy will be 5-1 at the end of he season. Joe was rusty after having a easy first game, and Green got THREE TDs because Jimmy Smith earned himself a 4-game vacation. Both of he above will be solved by Next Week.

kawa isnt talking about records in this year or success. he cares about lifetime records vs teams, he gets real mad and starts screaming fire harbaugh if some matchups fall below .500 lifetime. like if the ravens won the superbowl 5 times in a row but somehow lost to the r*dsk*ns 5 times in that span he would want the entire team burnt to the ground

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

every ravens fan suffers greatly from little brother disease but to be so advanced that youve contorted yourself into thinking you are the little brother of the bengals? my god its terminal

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the theoretical bengals win is that guys personal superbowl and kawas personal 9/11

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

virtual tie

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cavauro posted:

kawalimus said a lot of correct things in the game day thread today. and i live in his house. Well technically it's both of our house, but he takes care of me a little

are you one of zomodoks pet birds, escaped and living with kawalimus

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he did far better against the blitz than most rookies from what i saw, which is a very good sign

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the browns are made of garbage and poop as are their fans and the ravens are winning the superbowl

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

browns fans are worse than steelers fans they just never get the opportunity. the afcn has held this evil in check for years but it may finalyl be unleashed upon the world

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

All fans are worse if their teams are doing good

i mean no, ive thought this for years. the browns fans were worse than steelers fans when steelers were winning superbowls and the browns were winning the rights to draft trent richardson with a top 3 pick

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

you of all people cannot make me justify my opinions you piece of poo poo. their bad!!

e: a hex upon a man who would quote this with an intent to own

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

handheld to the dunk metapod smiles briefly then soils his diapey

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

all my takes are fundamentally sound, and above all, correct

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the titans are lovely unless they beat the ravens then they are Back

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

most teams are, really

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Oberst posted:

lmfao the bengals are garbage

woah is this true

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

what if hes right and the ravens are just that good. makes you think

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the ravens

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lol what the gently caress happened the ravens are missing their best corner and 2 starters on their line for this game

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

We're done.

But at least if we face them in the SB they won't have seen our best.

why did you do this to poor marlon and james hurst

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

I'm sorry. I didn't even know they were hurt

just buying bobbleheads and snapping their necks while watching birds through some binos. doesnt even know their names, doesnt care

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cavauro posted:

The Ravens Will win

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the ravens brought the same amount of pressure against brees as they did any other team. the saints spent half the game doing give up runs and less than 3 step drop passes to make sure they didnt get home. in a lot of ways the ravens defense dominated that game, holding them to a very low yards per play. Its just that they got none of the high variance plays that usually go along with that like a turnover or multiple sacks.

Brees is an incredible qb and probably only tom brady could have done the same thing he did there, just endlessly converting on quick drops on 3rd and 5+ without also giving up some plays the other way. Even then, if the ball was spotted correctly at a higher than 0% rate on 4th downs the ravens probably win.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

do coaches have a minimum salary i would imagine not. they love bootlickin

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im glad you found some crows, also known as ravens

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

It seems like every other year they are garbage the first couple weeks or so and then turn it on and go on a crazy run. That's why Tomlin is such a great coach. Guess what Harbaugh thinks about the Ravens? He says no adjustments are needed. That's why Harbaugh is a pea-brained dunce and shouldn't be coaching in the NFL and ought to thank his lucky stars he inherited a strong team and just barely didn't f up winning a SB with them. Just like Jon Gruden did in Tampa.

almost every single major contributor to that superbowl win was drafted or signed under harbaugh, that doesnt really mesh with a weird revisionist inherited a superbowl team idea. whatever you think about him now its absurd to claim he didn't make that ravens team much, much better. It had not had a deep playoff run since 2003 and went on 5 in a row including a superbowl as soon as he arrived

since you are a dunce yourself this isn't me arguing about the here and now I just take exception to you claiming he just lucked into a great team or something. The team very obviously became better after he arrived, irrespective of if you think hes not the coach they need going forward.

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 5, 2018

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sharknado slashfic posted:

This is what happens when you trot out a Franchise Quarterback and not Kyle "Super" Boller or Troy Smith

well yeah and he didnt inherit that dude, he drafted him

Kawalimus posted:

2003 they lost in the wildcard round against the Titans at home. I know because I was there. 2006 we got further due to having a bye but lost the first game. It's true we hadn't won a playoff game since 2001 but I don't think much of Billick either. 2006 only didn't win the SB because McNair broke down at the very end of the season. Our defense completely contained Peyton Manning in that playoff game in a year where he was eventually Superbowl MVP. He had 0 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. 2007 the team had a bunch of injuries and McNair broke down further forcing us to use a dual QB team of Boller/McNair which was doomed to fail and the team collapsed midseason and quit completely except for the Patriots game.

The team he inherited was very good, and way better than the record they posted in 2007. Harbaugh didn't make them any better. They were already good. They just went from a smart-talking fraud to a pea-brained dunce. I wish Marvin Lewis were available. Now there's a guy who really improved his franchise. Harbaugh has not developed a single hall of fame player.
*lists all the numerous failures the team had before harbaugh got there that they no longer had again once he got here* and yeah anyway they didnt get any better

ur crazy man!! a wild and crazy poster

quote:

Harbaugh has not developed a single hall of fame player.

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 5, 2018

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The odds of the Ravens getting someone better than Harbaugh are not so good. I agree that he probably needs to go, in the same way that Reid was done in Philly, but uh, good luck finding your Doug Pederson.

This is about where I am at on it. as a whole head coaches are mostly either wild negatives, net neutral or like 3 of them are net positives. Harbaughs a fine middle manager and thats all most head coaches are. if you need to switch up who your middle manager is just cause of staleness or whatever thats fine, but its going to be rough if you dont find another who doesnt suck

Kawalimus posted:

The big failing that happened under Brian Billick was Kyle Boller. Billick thought he'd outsmarted everyone with this and it ended up hurting the franchise badly. Even still if we had signed Kurt Warner or even Kerry Collins in those days who knows? Those 03-05 Ravens could have gone a lot further. Most people predicted us to win the division in 04 before everyone knew just how bad Boller was.

They were never as good in the Harbaugh days as they were in 2006 aside from the QB and RB position when Rice was good(which was actually a pretty short period if you look at it even for RBs). Them having good teams doesn't mean Harbaugh is any good. The 2001 Ravens would have been in the SB again if Jamal Lewis hadn't torn his ACL and maybe the Patriots/Brady never would've even been a thing if that had happened.
if harbaugh drafting good players and having good teams is not a mark for him, how can the opposite be marks against him? dont actually answer this just look at some leaves on trees and pretend there are birds and ponder it tia

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i dont think thats particularly true, its just every single time they have a decent coordinator hes immediately poached for an hc job. they spent a lot on kubiak, even got a promise from he he wouldnt leave and then he immediately left(for his dream job of hcing where he started and no one was mad about it but it still was lovely luck). caldwell got to be our oc for like 1.5 seasons before a job, didnt even get a full calendar year of chuck pagano.

on top of that, they had a pretty long track record of good DCs/defensive guys going on to be head coaches like marvin lewis, and then the last one in that line was rex ryan who just took the entire staff with him when he left, just up and robbed it all and suddenly its gregg mattison time

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the offensive scheme this year has probably been the best its ever been tbh. I think that has more to do with gregg roman than marty morningwheg but either way its been very well coached. Theyve done a pretty excellent job helping out with a dumpster fire at RT, shutting down von miller is basically a loving miracle considering james hurst was blocking him for an entire game.

The line is atrocious this year and the fact that joe has had as much time as he has speaks wonders about the scheme. Theyve devoted a ton of chip blocks and misdirection to slowing down the pass rush for a qb who has never been good under pressure. Theyve done a better job of it this year than kubiak did, and they've done a similarly good job of generating play action looks without you know, having any run game at all to speak of.

Are people that down on the wrs the ravens signed? the offense in general has taken a step back so I'm sure their numbers arent great but signing 3 talented wrs for under market contracts cause they came off down or injured years was a particularly good move. Its nearly impossible to get a #1 wr without drafting them so getting some talented dudes was a pretty big coup considering what the wr corps was set up to look like.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

what adjustments, specifically, do you think he should make. specifically. with specifics. Specific

e: i just know someone else is going to answer this question cause someone else always does then kawalimus just copy pastes what they say over and over again for 3 years in a row

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

I have no way of knowing exactly what they need to do but you mentioned something like teams figuring out how to make it so we can't rotate suggs out. That's one thing. Our pass rush has stopped working. And we need to get it working again. Our receivers seem to be getting covered better in particular John Brown and we need to work on getting him the production he was getting early on. Plus the running game has been in a funk since the very beginning with no production and fumbles etc. That needs to be worked on and at least improved to an adequate level.

I'm not an inside football guy and I can't tell you in depth. But teams have figured out the Ravens and we are not getting it together. Since the 4th quarter of the Saints game we have been a bottom-10 team. And closing in on bottom 5. At no point during the Pittsburgh game did the Ravens ever really feel like they were in it. Despite having dominated the first matchup. This is a signal that the Steelers have adjusted. And the Ravens have stayed the same.

i mean this is word salad dude, none of this is a thought its just garbage. Suggs need play better, wr covered is not an adjustment.

how do you have so much confidence that there are obvious adjustments that must be made when the only ones you can think of are half remembered things i said? what do you even think is the problem. Wide Recievers Covered is not a problem scheme wise specifically, its a symptom of either bad wrs or bad scheme. You've identified it as a coaching problem. Explain what that is or shut up

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

That is not an argument and its not specific. Which routes do they need to run, which ones do they run now and which ones are they bad at? Do you actually think route combinations are just rock paper scissors and john harbaugh(who does not coach the offense) is just throwing rock over and over again?

I'm not saying you have to know everything or really even anything about wr routes to be allowed to criticize the ravens coaches. I don't really know much at all tbh, but just banging your fist on the table screaming ADJUST with no specifics is some stupid poo poo and its grating as hell to read tbh.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sharknado slashfic posted:

Well Crabtree is tied for 1st in the league in dropped passes, and the Ravens as a whole are tied for 7th in the league with 12 (if you can trust a site just called "stats"). I'm not entirely enamored with the new and improved wide receivers.

(My god the Jags have dropped every pass ever)

hes the best in the league at something and still you complain smh

Kawalimus posted:

You know I don't know those things. On TV it's hard to see what routes guys are running. That's why I used to like going to the games and sitting way high up. I could focus on whatever I wanted to see. I know more now than I did then so I could watch the receivers and even the offensive line blocking. But back then I just watched the QB and the ball like I would have if I was watching on TV.

having no way of knowing information seems like a good reason to not have a strong opinion on what that information is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

I don't think a couple blocked kicks in a season is a particularly meaningful indictment of a coach when we have like 10 other seasons of it not happening. Its pretty clearly just lovely luck. Unless you meant something else

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 6, 2018