Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The rest of their high draft picks on defense have been real underwhelming the past few years is a lot of it as well. Except for probably Watt who seems like a keeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
On that subject Denzel Ward has looked legit as hell

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Imagine having the privilege of accepting Joe Flacco's seed, allowing him to ejaculate deep inside of you dozens of times so that your body can be a vessel for his dynasty.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Uh I'm pretty sure this actually is the Weird Joe Flacco Dream Journal thread thank you

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

posting htis again

lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I understand that you might still have a hangover from their domination yesterday but the Browns are not the third best team in the AFC with a rookie quarterback and a general lack of depth/quality at skill positions

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
You like birds right? Well, we got em too

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Do you like moths that look like birds because we planted a tobacco plant that apparently attracts giant hummingbird moths but I haven't seen one yet

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Browns need another WR way more than another DE imo but pick best player I guess

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think Flacco continuing to develop as a receiver will be key

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
:magical: :eyepop:
:zombie: :mrgw:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Imagine being the coach that wasted the immense talents of Deshone Kizer

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
'Steelers get better as the year goes on' is more that they are usually comically under prepared the first few weeks and coasting on talent.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Cleveland Browns

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Bengals desperately need LBs but I think Marvin still has flashbacks to Keith Rivers and won't take one in the first two rounds.

My guess is that they will pick RT or CB in the first and maybe another WR if John Ross continues to be a huge bust

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
AJ Green might be out for the year so congrats Pittsburgh

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Bengals have a pretty easy schedule and the Steelers have to play the Pats+Saints+Panthers still so I could see the division coming down to the final week if like half of Cincy's roster wasn't injured.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Head Coach Dean Pees

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ravens ultimately never found someone to base an offense around after Ray Rice left. Flacco was never good enough to be one of the top tier QBs that can make bad receivers look competent. They have had decent backs but none of the caliber that you had to like specifically game plan against. The wideouts and TEs on the whole have been putrid.

Some of it is coaching up young players to fill those roles but a lot of it is just mediocre drafting. To be fair I think they have picked in the top 10 like once this past decade

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
A lot of it is that they don't really draft offense at the top of their drafts too often, and if they do it is almost always OL or TE. Perriman was the only WR they had taken above like round 4 since Torey Smith

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah but it helps. Like they aren't picking them at all before the second half of the draft every year

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Jesus Christ.

In the last four years they've drafted five tight ends, spending a 1st, 2nd, two 3rds and a 5th.

Then they go and pickup other teams left overs at wideout and fail because Flacco is not good enough to make those kinda guys look good for a whole season.

But I'm sure this is Harbaugh's fault.

Yeah, my point is it doesn't seem like they are really bad at talent evaluation and draft tons of busts or anything but that they have a really strange set of draft priorities compared to the rest of the NFL.

Every team has its quirks, like the Bengals being completely adverse to drafting an LB higher than the third round, but it's weird as hell to see a team apply that to basically all offensive skill positions almost every year in the modern NFL.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1059533605729460224

Praise Allah

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ghost Dog posted:

in like 2009 or something i thought kawalimus was a troll, i googled his name and found a baltimore sun account with like 40k+ posts all saying the same stuff he was saying here

Hell yes

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ravens fans projecting

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I want them to get in the playoffs and somehow host a game just to see what the attendance would be

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think the 50% full stadiums all season when a team is actually not terrible is something that might actually finally force Marvin out after all these years if they don't get into the playoffs

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
He is going to get hit way too much and get hurt pretty fast imo and he needs to prove he can actually place a ball 20+ yards downfield after this game gets on tape or it is just going to be 9 dudes in the box every week

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
For the record I do think he can be a good passer, he isn't Johnny Football and certainly has arm strength. A lot of his career is going to come down on if whoever is coaching him trusts him to be a mobile but real quarterback (like Vick) and not someone who you have to run a college offense for.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
ALSO I hope Kaep's lawyers just play the tape from that game at the trial

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
They have Marvin

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I hope the Browns win out so that they pretty much have to hire Greg Williams lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

schmug posted:

I'm actually fine with this for one more year. We need an rear end in a top hat in charge for a bit, then grab your choice(Lincoln Riley or flavor of the month) after that.

Hopefully the take away from the Hue era is that moving away from switching coaches every year was a mistake

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The backup QB might get protected by the backup OL long enough to toss a few TDs to the backup wideouts but probably not enough to account for the backup defense

A real answer is that Joe Mixon is really good but they probably won't give him the 25+ carries needed to win a game because Cody Core has got to get his touches or something

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
drat you guys are still salty about Tyler Boyd huh

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Cleveland knocking Baltimore out of the playoffs Week 17 is going to be extremely funny

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Chris James 2 posted:

You all will continue to be Very disappointed :smug: as with the Chiefs game tomorrow and the Chargers game week 16, we will be out of playoffs already by then :smith:

Steelers have to play Pats and Saints and are always somewhat likely to poo themselves playing in Oakland for whatever reason.

9 wins probably wins the division I think. Or at least that is way more likely than trying to beat out Tennessee or Denver or all the other WC teams that have a bunch of garbo teams to beat the last three weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Eifert Posting posted:

The Baltimore Ravens are literally from Ohio.

lol