Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be the Mod?
This poll is closed.
Anidav 14 0.14%
Dr Spaceman 2 0.02%
JBP 12 0.12%
bell jar 1 0.01%
GoldStandardConure 7 0.07%
Joseph Stalin 10016 99.64%
Total: 10052 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Anidav posted:

Has anyone else been watching Matt Canavan slowly transform into a ventriloquist dummy?
That’s Kane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Anidav posted:

Has anyone else been watching Matt Canavan slowly transform into a ventriloquist dummy?

That's a Team America puppet, not a ventriloquist dummy, idiot

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
What is it with the LNP and the au pairs? I thought they were against the nanny state?

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic
Only if it's not their nanny state. Dutton probably dreams of nanny states filled with harems of au pairs made of coal

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
did Dutton let ScoMo win because he knew they were going to lose the next election

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

bowmore posted:

did Dutton let ScoMo win because he knew they were going to lose the next election
No, Dutton went in expecting to win and it went horribly wrong because he relied on incompetents to track his numbers.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Also Dutton might lose his seat at the next election.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Also Dutton might lose his seat at the next election.
Yeah, Dutton was willing to gut his party's chances at the next election so he could remain an MP. Good insight into how Liberals give no fucks about anything but themselves.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Unsure about the legitimacy of True Crime Weekly but I've seen it posted in Auspol before.

[quote="
https://truecrimenewsweekly.com/au-...h-the-au-pairs/"]
EXCLUSIVE: With many Australians wondering “what’s the go with the au pairs” after it was revealed Home Affairs Minster Peter Dutton has stepped in to allow three young, attractive, western-European women entry into Australia despite dodgy visa issues, True Crime News Weekly can now reveal that Dutton has been named by a whistleblower as being regularly contacted by disgraced former Ipswich mayor, Paul Pisasale, on behalf of “young Asian women”.

Failed prime ministerial aspirant, Peter Dutton, is under increasing pressure this week to explain whether familial links, donations to the Liberal Party, and being an old mate of his have played any part in three curious ministerial decisions to overturn the deportation of three young, attractive women who had attempted to enter Australia while apparently working as “au pairs”.

But in an even stranger twist, True Crime News Weekly can now reveal that the powerful Home Affairs minister is alleged to have received regular phone calls about “young Asian women” and their immigration matters from the disgraced former mayor of Ipswich, Paul Pisasale, who is currently facing a litany of corruption, fraud and extortion charges.

The claims are part of a whistleblower’s document filed with the Queensland Parliament in August of last year.

The heavily redacted document details a list of alleged corrupt activities pursued by Pisasale and others at Ipswich City Council, which include allegations of improper sexual relationships with a variety of women, including sex workers, during official business hours.

“It is known that ex-mayor [REDACTED] has had meetings with former treasurer [REDACTED] … and the Mayor [REDACTED] has also been there on occasion when [REDACTED] has been there as well. ([REDACTED] is the Federal Member for Dickson and the Minister for Immigration),” the whistleblower states in the document.

“It is known that ex-mayor [REDACTED] would often telephone the Immigration Ministers office or department to make representations seeking assistance with immigration processing for young Asian women.”

Dutton has been the only sitting member for the Brisbane seat of Dickson since he first won it in November 2001. He was promoted to the position of Immigration Minister in late 2014.

Pisasale is alleged to have had at least one “transactional” sexual relationship with a young Asian woman, Yui Tan Li, who was in Australia on a limited visa.

RELATED: “OILY DOYLEY”! On the trail of the not-so-lonesome Robert Doyle

It is believed Ms Li visited Brisbane in January 2017 to work as a sex worker for at least one week whilst waiting for her new student visa. It is alleged she also met with Pisasale at the time. It is unclear if Ms Li is one of the “young Asian women” that Pisasale is alleged to have made direct representations to Mr Dutton regarding their immigration matters.

Pisasale’s relationship with Ms Li became public knowledge after investigators with Queensland’s Crime and Corruption Commission heard the corrupt ex-mayor on a bugged telephone trying to extort money from Ms Li’s former boyfriend, a married taxi driver in New South Wales.

With a Senate inquiry currently looking at the granting of visas by Dutton to at least two au pairs – first reported by media back in March – further pressure has been heaped upon Dutton over the past few days after a third au pair case emerged.

In that instance, Dutton overturned a decision to deport a young French au pair, Alexandra Deuwel, in November 2015 just a few hours after receiving a phone call on a Sunday.

Ms Deuwel, who had been in and out of Australia since 2012, was detained by Border Force officials after she arrived at Adelaide Airport on October 31, 2015. By the next day, she was released and allowed entry.

It has since come out that Ms Deuwel had previously been employed by Callum MacLachlan, the joint managing director of the cattle and sheep company Jumbuck Pastoral, whose family are major donors to the Liberal Party.

The family has donated $150,000 or so over the years to the party while six months after Dutton’s intervention in the matter involving Ms Deuwel, Mr MacLachlan’s father Hugh donated $50,000 to the Liberal Party’s South Australian branch.

The desperate phone call made to Dutton to not deport Ms Deuwel came from AFL CEO, Gillon McLachlan, who is the second cousin of Callum MacLachlan. Dutton was Sports Minister from September 2013 until December 2014, and he attended two grand finals as a guest of the AFL.

Leaked documents and email trails show senior Border Force officials were highly alarmed and concerned that Mr Dutton was even considering the approval of a tourist visa for Ms Deuwel.

According to the documents, Ms Deuwel was deemed a “high risk” after having previously been cautioned about her visa conditions and after she admitted she would perform work while in Australia, in direct contravention of a tourist visa.

Meanwhile, it has been reported today that one of the other cases involving the au pairs is linked to a woman who is married to a former police officer colleague of Dutton’s during his time with the Queensland Police two decades ago.

The Senate inquiry looking into Dutton’s granting of the visas is due to report back on September 11. Dutton has spent over $10,000 of taxpayers’ money to prevent access by the media to documents relating to his decisions.

True Crime News Weekly contacted both Dutton and Border Force by email this week.

We asked Dutton “what’s the go with the au pairs”, particularly in light of the tabled document in Queensland’s parliament regarding “young Asian women”.

We then asked Dutton whether the whistleblower was lying when he or she made the claims in the document filed last year.

We also queried Dutton on whether one has to be wealthy or connected to his family, or, be a dodgy politician like Paul Pisasale to have a direct hotline to fast-track immigration matters while ordinary people wait weeks, months and even years for an answer to their cases.

Border Force officials told True Crime News Weekly that all queries would have to be directed to the minister. We did not receive a response from Dutton.

[/quote]

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
gently caress YOU GOTTA GET MINEEEE

see also: Vietnam war refugees putting out pamphlets about boats

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Wasn't that the place for all your Barnababy reporting?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Lol if you believe that poo poo

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Zenithe posted:

Yeah pretty sure people were posting the site which somehow got a gently caress load of weird Beetroot leaks.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Why is one of the "key points" of an abc article about an accussed terrorist that they wore a white collared shirt to their bail hearing?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Zenithe posted:

It was, and most of those seemed to be on the mark

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Might be legit then

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

bowmore posted:

Maybe he was thinking that, and decided it'd be ok to lose as long as he could collect a PM's salary/pension.

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic
If Dutton was thinking any further than 'I want to be PM' I would be very surprised, I doubt the electoral chances of his party or his chances at reelection even remotely crossed his mind.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Mr Chips posted:

Maybe he was thinking that, and decided it'd be ok to lose as long as he could collect a PM's salary/pension.

You have to be a PM for like 2 years to collect the pension afaik.

Abbott missed out but I expect Turnbull granted him an exception because if there's one thing the libs know how to do it's to give each other free poo poo they don't deserve.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

It's conservatives. They think a great silent majority would crawl out of the woodwork to support a conservative pm/party.

Joke answer, they used the same numbers guy when forecasting the next election results.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Peter Dutton minister for custom teen imports

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Knobb Manwich posted:

It's conservatives. They think a great silent majority would crawl out of the woodwork to support a conservative pm/party.

Joke answer, they used the same numbers guy when forecasting the next election results.

That's why you should never let ultra-religious people make decisions.

Their entire belief system is mostly based on things that have no basis in reality or supporting evidence, but they're happy to bet the farm on it anyway.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Don Dongington posted:

Their entire belief system is mostly based on things that have no basis in reality or supporting evidence,

praxeology

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Ten Becquerels posted:

If Dutton was thinking any further than 'I want to be PM' I would be very surprised, I doubt the electoral chances of his party or his chances at reelection even remotely crossed his mind.

He makes over $300,000 a year from his current job, 100% keeping it was top of his priority list.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-31/melbourne-factory-fire-accountant-targeted-in-ato-raids/10187526

Oh yeahhhhhh that's the poo poo :munch:

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

abc news posted:

At the time of the raids, the ATO said they were part of a "broad investigation into alleged phoenix activity and avoidance of tax".

Literal phoenixing?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Twitter says they got breached by workplace safety and council ops too.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Ten Becquerels posted:

I guarantee you he was thinking "if I could be PM I'd be able to draw from the deep and popular well of Howard and Abbott and have Australia back on the right track within 6 months. Then we can go to an election and win!".

Largely because Abbott et al have been feeding him "hey, if you just go back and do what we were doing before that darned Labor party member got in power, everything will be fine."

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Why would they redact his name but not 'Federal Member for Dickson and the Minister for Immigration'?

Here's a new source, horoscopes.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

hambeet posted:

Why would they redact his name but not 'Federal Member for Dickson and the Minister for Immigration'?

Here's a new source, horoscopes.

"person four, who at the time (2016) was the republican candidate for president of the united states"

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

thatbastardken posted:

"person four, who at the time (2016) was the republican candidate for president of the united states"

"In or about January 2017, Cohen left the Company and began holding himself out as the 'personal attorney' to Individual-1, who at that point had become the President of the United States."

:thunk:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
L Simpson. No wait, Lisa S

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anyway their site kind of reminds me of Independent Australia when they had that massive infographic linking together, whatever the issue was, and it came across a tad unhinged.

Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I expect it was Ashbygate.

They were kinda obsessed with that for ages, as it was one of the most blatant cases of the Liberal party attempting to overthrow a democratic government illegally since The Dismissal.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

quote:

The blaze at the factory at 420 Somerville Road, Tottenham,

nice

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Don Dongington posted:

I expect it was Ashbygate.

They were kinda obsessed with that for ages, as it was one of the most blatant cases of the Liberal party attempting to overthrow a democratic government illegally since The Dismissal.

gently caress yeah that's it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Still kinda pisses me off how the media just ignored the fact that Mal Brough basically paid a guy to lie to the police and in court in order to get Slipper kicked out of Parliament and kill the ALP's thin majority and... everyone concerned seems to have gotten away with it?

Meanwhile, Royal Commission into Everything Rudd, Shorten and Gillard have ever done.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Don Dongington posted:

Still kinda pisses me off how the media just ignored the fact that Mal Brough basically paid a guy to lie to the police and in court in order to get Slipper kicked out of Parliament and kill the ALP's thin majority and... everyone concerned seems to have gotten away with it?

Meanwhile, Royal Commission into Everything Rudd, Shorten and Gillard have ever done.

Or when slipper misused a cab charge and had to step down, pay fines etc even when he offered to reimburse the government for the cost of the cabcharge,

then Tony Abbott got caught misusing flights around the country to the tune of a few thousand dollars to promote his book he wrote, and was allowed to pay it back, no questions asked, no investigation etc

• Locked thread