Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be the Mod?
This poll is closed.
Anidav 14 0.14%
Dr Spaceman 2 0.02%
JBP 12 0.12%
bell jar 1 0.01%
GoldStandardConure 7 0.07%
Joseph Stalin 10016 99.64%
Total: 10052 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Beetphyxious posted:

I think it'd still advance.

:lol::lol::lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The Before Times posted:

regardless of the awful pun above, it would probably at least have an impact on the housing market if people from china end up having to sell some of their overseas assets. Mostly the inner city apartment market.

yeah housing would be interesting to watch in that scenario. especially the already flooded inner city market like in melb.

china is our largest export trade partner, but i think the vast majority of what we export is like wool, coal, lng, etc. maybe our wool trade would experience a downturn as that's being transformed into more complex products like clothes or what not by private industry who would be harder hit by a recession. things like coal / lng would drop due to less demand (if their manufacturing takes a downturn), but considering over two thirds of china's power is from coal and it's nationalised i'd think it'd continue.

i'd guess that other countries that are exporters of more complex products, technology, etc might be hit worse.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Only if you leave your newfound riches to Beet's "Re-brand the Greens" GoFundMe

dig deep for your change (from within)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

lmao that the rest of Australia is so backwards and brokebrain that they couldn't handle reusable bags to the point they have Coles risking fines to put the plastic ones back

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

NTRabbit posted:

lmao that the rest of Australia is so backwards and brokebrain that they couldn't handle reusable bags to the point they have Coles risking fines to put the plastic ones back

It's only a fine if it's a non-reusable one. Also the fine is $6300 lol.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Should have put in paper bags instead.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Should have put those plastic bags on their heads and taken a few deep breaths.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Someone form a pro plastic bag political party and get in the senate for free lmao

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

NTRabbit posted:

Has Woolworths backflipped as well?

Because this is probably a really low effort move by Coles to grab disgruntled Woolworths customers.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
On the Jewish conversion thing, not a ton of dudes do it through a formal ritual process, because you have to get circumcised, or recircumsised if you had a secular one

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

If this is a preview of how Coles will behave as a seperate company when it's spun off in November then Lmao.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

The Peccadillo posted:

On the Jewish conversion thing, not a ton of dudes do it through a formal ritual process, because you have to get circumcised, or recircumsised if you had a secular one

Do you have to get a foreskin grafted back on for that?

Edit: actually I don't think I want to know

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

norp posted:

Do you have to get a foreskin grafted back on for that?

Edit: actually I don't think I want to know

A mohel cuts the head of the dick, spilling blood from where the foreskin would have been

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Beetphyxious posted:

Has Woolworths backflipped as well?

Because this is probably a really low effort move by Coles to grab disgruntled Woolworths customers.

They didn't need plastic bags to do that but Woollies will wait a week or two then quietly do the same.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The Peccadillo posted:

A mohel cuts the head of the dick, spilling blood from where the foreskin would have been

Probably much better than if you had to go from full blown catholic dick

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Vote 1 the [rebranded] greens, like this [rebranded] thread.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Beetphyxious posted:

yeah housing would be interesting to watch in that scenario. especially the already flooded inner city market like in melb.

This might be skewed by my current pessimism but IMO a lot of it will be snapped up to be rented out as AirBnB properties or corporate rentals. The inner city rental market is hosed; the buying market is less hosed but first home buyers are still struggling to save for deposits.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Peccadillo posted:

Example #3712 that the only difference between modern insane sex cults and established religions is time.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
For whoever is taking the numbers, I'm extremely into this new rebranding and also hats idea.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Getting your dickie snippy as an adult sounds like a bad time.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gentleman Baller posted:

For whoever is taking the numbers, I'm extremely into this new rebranding and also hats idea.

duly noted.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

Getting your dickie snippy as an adult sounds like a bad time.

I'd vote for this party

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-01/sunday-surcharges-remain-even-as-penalty-rates-fall/10061252

quote:

Despite a decision by the Fair Work Commission that has seen penalty rates fall substantially since July last year, many restaurants and cafes continue to charge the same Sunday surcharge.

https://twitter.com/couriermail/status/1019361491298861056

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
OP is a drongo. Yes that is a kaftan I'm wearing. Why do you ask? Peace Out!

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Hrm I wonder if his character is a white male ...
edit: the clickbait is under the paywall and their version of the tweet headline ends with "and Peter Dutton is furious"

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I don't know the article but the tweet is funny

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/dave_hand/status/1024548687802855424

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The country too stupid for plastic bags

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

The country too stupid for plastic bags

This country deserves a plastic bag over its head.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Let's play Liberal Candidate or Dodgy Landlord

It's both

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Cartoon posted:

OP is a drongo. Yes that is a kaftan I'm wearing. Why do you ask? Peace Out!

what happened to "bozo" ?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Senor Tron posted:

Example #3712 that the only difference between modern insane sex cults and established religions is time.

Why would a sex cult stab you in the penis

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
He did say "insane"

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

Why would a sex cult stab you in the penis

When you're labelled ex-commundickado

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

These silly pollsters, they provide a breakdown of ALP voter's preferred leader but don't show the proportion of LNP voters skewing the overall data :thunk:

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Because who someone who won't vote for you prefers between you and someone else they won't vote for IS IMPORTANT,

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
What's people's thoughts on the drought over east?

I'm having a gigantic argument with people on Facebook about it.

On the one hand, having worked with farmers and for a farming related business, I have a lot of sympathy. It's a tough gig.

On the other, farmers overwhelmingly vote for either the LNP or the shooters and fishers, both of whom don't seem overly interested in action on climate change. So its hard to feel sorry for farmers who voted for the Nats.

I do think we need to start talking about how climate change and soil salinity is destroying the land and we need to start deciding now which areas are going to be unviable and see if there's anything we can do to make things less bad in those areas (e.g. buying out land and revegetating it, because trees have a surprising impact on rainfall).

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

froglet posted:

What's people's thoughts on the drought over east?

I'm having a gigantic argument with people on Facebook about it.

On the one hand, having worked with farmers and for a farming related business, I have a lot of sympathy. It's a tough gig.

On the other, farmers overwhelmingly vote for either the LNP or the shooters and fishers, both of whom don't seem overly interested in action on climate change. So its hard to feel sorry for farmers who voted for the Nats.

I do think we need to start talking about how climate change and soil salinity is destroying the land and we need to start deciding now which areas are going to be unviable and see if there's anything we can do to make things less bad in those areas (e.g. buying out land and revegetating it, because trees have a surprising impact on rainfall).

There's a drought?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Apparently the solution to the drought is to withdraw all foreign aid and spend it on the farmers.

• Locked thread