Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be the Mod?
This poll is closed.
Anidav 14 0.14%
Dr Spaceman 2 0.02%
JBP 12 0.12%
bell jar 1 0.01%
GoldStandardConure 7 0.07%
Joseph Stalin 10016 99.64%
Total: 10052 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the OP auspol deserves, voted 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

BBJoey posted:

Vote 1 bullet for Australia party

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

froglet posted:

What's people's thoughts on the drought over east?

salt the earth so nothing can grow there again

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hmmm I suggested that last month but if kkkommando thinks it’s a good idea I’m fuckin out

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
“Someone else” is actually Homer Simpson leading the vigilante squad

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

The Before Times posted:

why the gently caress do greens voters want Julie Bishop as leader???? I mean I know why but jfc she's terrifyingly competent and would be just as awful as margaret thatcher was, only even more effective at killing poors.

she’s not competent, foreign ministry makes her appear better because it does that for everyone

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

The Before Times posted:

she was very competent at being a lawyer for James Hardie and letting people die of cancer while waiting for their day in court :allears:

ehh the system is basically designed to give people opportunities to stall and delay, there are a lot of incompetent lawyers who can do that

The Before Times posted:

also she's more competent by default than 90% of lnp MPs.

this is true though

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

bell jar posted:

I'm so mad, I want a left party to vote for and support, and the Greens just aren't doing it for me lately

:salt:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

It's hard to feel empowered and step up when no one in a society is capable of leading your cause.

lead us comrade

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I went into the chippie last night and they was selling potato CAKES instead of scallops!
cor blimey what an outrage

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
if you melt down over a perfectly cromulent word like niggling how are you going to face the actual challenges capitalism / conservatism throw at you?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

GoldStandardConure posted:

this argument is stupider than water bottles on christmas decorated busses

you leave those festive vehicles out of this!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Pecadillio you gotta calm down mate, you're consistently the angriest poster in the thread.

The fact that there were way more posts about the word niggly rather than Sky platforming Nazis is crazy.

we should give nazis a platform though

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

You Am I posted:

lol @ The Greens candidate for Dutton's seat being a lawyer. cos that's what parliament needs more of.

First thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

snoremac posted:

I remember reading an argument from a lawyer that this line (from Shakespeare) wasn’t intended for the applause of groundlings but was ironically pointing out that society couldn’t function without lawyers.

I’ve seen that and whoever wrote it is a humourless gently caress

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Starshark posted:

I'm sorry, I'm really not picking on you but have to disagree again. Rinehart wanted to pay workers two dollars an hour when she was worth 29 billion aka more money than three generations of Rineharts will ever spend. It's the guillotine for her when the revolution comes.

we’re gonna need a bigger blade

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

If this whole thing is because of Sydney Catholics trying to kill off an MP who offered to help a gay daughter then maybe Husar not bad?

that kind of would explain why they went so hard after a single mum

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

My theory is Husar protected a gay daughter and then some Christian staff went to News Corp and pulled some sort of KING RAT on her to teach her a lesson about hiding gay people from Catholic parents?

I mean this new information seems pretty key and explains why no other MP in the opposition has heard of such complaints until now. Not even Shorten had heard 9f all this poo poo before. It just seems like a bunch of concerned ex staffers sided with this mother and fed journalists a bunch of rumours about her to teach her a lesson about daughter meddling.

hmmm

This doesn’t seem right to me because sure Lindsay is an “aspirational” seat but not particularly Bible Belt country compared to say Greenway.

The idea that this is wholly a factional hit doesn’t really make sense after the party spent so much time and effort showcasing her in 2016 (she gave the opening speech at the official campaign launch iirc, which was in her seat).

Having said that, the leaks seem like a way to get her to jump before being pushed because obviously the higher ups know what the internal report is going to find. They’ve leaked the more salacious accusations for which she might be cleared, but the less exciting misconduct is what will get her.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
look at us Anidav we’re solving factional mysteries like mafias

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

G-Spot Run posted:

I haven't been a moderator here but I have moderated and forums-managed in the past and this is the only response you should all be reading. When you wish to be a moderator a finger curls tightly into the monkey paw.

we need an idiot king not a competent queen

MMG, your time to shine

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

G-Spot Run posted:

That's why I voted for VADINA
Role: ANY
Utility: NEGATIVE!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

You wound me

Then again I've got two babies to manage, what's a few more?

heh

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
tonightly is better

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Cartoon posted:

I know that you have all been overlooking the obvious choice because you know I'm too good for this place. Seriously though the lawn needs clearing.

the obvious choice is raptorfag

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Uh

Yeah that was some real flag-saluting, single-tear-shedding quoting of the national anthem, in that article. Yeppy yep yep.

it’s called advance Australia fair not advance Australia all skin colours

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
no mods no masters

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
gabriel gate

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Vote 1 Anime David

Semper Games

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

No Mod, just run a Mod election every month as it's gotten the post counts flowing and the posts must flow

all mods are bastards

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Bill Shorten accepted a chocolate bar from a furry

was it a Furry Friend?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the Husar stuff is out now

https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1027760353738805248?s=21

I’m pretty sure I called this

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hmm I should have gone harder.

anyway it’s the financial stuff that got her. The bullying goes with it but come on If it was just that this goes nowhere

The basic instinct stuff was never true but got leaked as a prompt to decide not to run before parliament is back next Monday.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
you can retain profits you dolts

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
counterpoint:

Sekkira posted:

I'm all for making GBS threads on power companies, but how much of that billion profit is going to go back into building and maintaining their infrastructure?

it’s public information find it yourself dipshit

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Yes but AGL has good full franked dividends.

No they don’t they only franked the one they announced at 80%

how are you all so bad at this

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Greens NSW state council voted 60% in favour to remove Jeremy Buckingham from the ticket while he's being investigated, but because we need 75% to do anything nothing happens. Love the tail of ten regional rotten borough branches wagging the dog :butt:

email Alice Workman

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

bandaid.friend posted:

honey, the yellowbox peril

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hambeet posted:

gently caress, now I don't know what to call the new greens.

hivemind

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
In actual news the bill to lower the rate students start repaying HECS/HELP got through the Senate last night because the Senate continues to be the plaything of old rich white folk.

Caesar had the right idea imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Don Dongington posted:

Y'all know you can run the forums on a mobile browser if you need to look at polls and poo poo, right?

:fuckoff:

• Locked thread