Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be the Mod?
This poll is closed.
Anidav 14 0.14%
Dr Spaceman 2 0.02%
JBP 12 0.12%
bell jar 1 0.01%
GoldStandardConure 7 0.07%
Joseph Stalin 10016 99.64%
Total: 10052 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Queensland police shredded rape complaint from suicidal woman
The 26-year-old says her complaint was ignored and was told by detective he had ‘limited patience’ for her

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/aug/02/queensland-police-shredded-complaint-from-suicidal-woman

qld for worst state's streak is not in danger.
But Queensland Stong! /anidav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Periphery posted:

I can't find a more impartial source since the media release came out today: https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/labor-government-unveils-new-laws-to-make-renting-fair/
It's been watered down a bit since what was promised at the by-election, they backed down on leases not being renewed for no reason.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Almost like there isn't a lot to be proud of.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Niggly stems from a Scandinavian word, so has Germanic language roots. The N word is derived from the Latin word for black. They're not even related in the slightest.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav if only because he's incompetent enough to accidentally get himself banned.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Sekkira posted:

I'm an idiot
We could tell

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

So that's Discord, Facebook Group and D&D Thread.
If your efforts there are any indication of how you'll do here, it'll be like having no mod at all.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Because I intimidate people to behave.
Also that the Discord and FB group are both as dead as Tony Abbott's leadership chances.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

For every immigrant that we allow to come to Australia, an extra 100 shitposts per day are created.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

norp posted:

Isn't that why they didn't put candidates up in the wa byelctions?
It's also why they've stopped putting up candidates in a lot of inner Melbourne seats. The argument they publicly use is that they'd rather just let ALP and Greens duke it out, but the reality is that Vic Libs are desperate for funding.

Clearly, they are fiscally responsible and adult.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Recoome posted:

I hear that the Liberal-backed student political group “Epic” at QUT have subverted the nomination process for the upcoming election and have won by default. Amazingly no other group nominated in time, after nominations were open for 4 days.

Other unis typically have an office which prevents these kinds of dumb things but par for the course I guess for the official Reichsuniversität
They did that poo poo at UQ before too, it's not really surprising. QUT is basically QLD Young LNP HQ now days.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Sekkira posted:

Tell everybody that they should not only care about the environment, but shell out more of their paycheck to show how much they care in monetary value. Then tell them that if they have any issues with it they're horrible people. Then wonder why they don't give a poo poo.
Please, do go on.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

embattled

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

gently caress.
Oh boy

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Don Dongington posted:

The Liberal party needs to just split already. I'm serious.

Conservatives will accept no compromises in a post-trump world, and folks to their social left like Pyne, Turnbull, Bishop are going to start getting pushed out.

Of course the electorate will hammer the conservatives at the polls for focusing on their bullshit culture war and doing nothing to fix structural inequality, but that's democracy.
It won't happen, it's best to think of the moderates and conservatives as being a really old, bitter married couple who won't ever divorce, but can't stand each other.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Dutton is now saying he wants to remove GST for pensioners.

Lol loving baby boomers.
How long till Dutton says he wants to bring in national service?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

They’re right, Queenslanders are a bunch of dim witted hick racists and should be driven into the sea
There's enough trash and poo poo in the sea already, pushing all of QLD into it would wipe out all life in our oceans.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Kommando posted:

they do like the federal LNP. Because queenslanders are hick racist idiots that should be piled into the failing open cut central queensland mines and covered with the overburden. Evidence: the two/three racist idiot parties from QLD.
Brisbaneites like Labor.
There's a big divide between SEQ and the rest of QLD. In terms of social views and political leanings they can be almost worlds apart.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

LABUH CHAOS MISTER SPEAKER

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

ScoMo is the worst outcome of the two, he's by far more popular with the voting public and doesn't have the question of eligibility sitting over his head.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

G-Spot Run posted:

Antony saw his shadow and predicts election in May. Personally I want this poo poo show on the fuckin road.
I can't really see a Dutton lead Coalition government limping along till May with things going as they are.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

GoldStandardConure posted:

you promised us blood before anidav

do not dissapoint us again
If anything, Anidav is consistent in disappointing the thread. And his employer. And Rusty.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He wants time for the SG's advice I think, in the hope of loving over Dutton.
This, it's not a bad strategy if you're just wanting to salt the earth.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

If Turnbull resigns, they'll win the by-election but they'll still be down an MP until that point. Do you really think ALP will pair or just say gently caress it and try a motion of no confidence?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

rapeface posted:

how long ca -how long can this go on
As long as a DBZ battle.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

In a move that will come as no surprise to many of you, I too am going to nominate for the Liberal leadership.
Kevin???

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

You Am I posted:

Matty Guy gonna be pissed at your betrayal

I wouldn't piss him off, he'll get one of his Mafia mates to knock you off. And I don't mean Bif.

hambeet will dine with lobsters.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Joyce saying Turnbull shouldn't resign his seat because he knows they're right hosed if they're down a single MP.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

I support Cartoon for thread mod, let it all burn.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav is a mod in the image of Turnbull, interpret that as you will.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

You Am I posted:

Anidav, probate him
Motion seconded.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

I dread it will be Bishop because the media loves her for God knows what reason.
Also because Bishop will cause them to bleed the least at the next election and might even salvage them enough to make a come back at the following election.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

bell jar posted:

nice whitewashing. there's at least one asian in there
I'm surprised the LNP found him goodenough.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Dan Andrews should send ScoMo a bottle of Penfolds Grange for winning him the Victorian state election.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Cpt Soban posted:

Ew, Dare Iced Coffee. He should be a real man and slam a FUIC
It's Farmers Union or it's nothing.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Tasmantor posted:

So the last 10 years of wage stagnation is because of super? Okay what about the first 15 years of it, some sort of fluke?
Something something union thuggery.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Not commenting about no-water matters?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-29/julia-banks-not-re-contesting-seat-at-next-federal-election/10177360

quote:

PHOTO: Julia Banks (right) was a supporter of Malcolm Turnbull during the Liberal leadership spill. (ABC News: Matt Roberts)
Liberal MP Julia Banks has announced she will not contest the next election after "bullying and intimidation".

She said last week's Liberal leadership spill was the "last straw", and argued she would always put Australia's national interests before internal political games and certain media personalities bearing vindictive, mean-spirited grudges.

The Victorian narrowly won the seat of Chisholm from Labor at the last election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Lid posted:

MICHAEL SUKKAR DOES IT AGAIN
Good to see Liberals from Victoria selfowning so hard, so consistently.

• Locked thread