Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be the Mod?
This poll is closed.
Anidav 14 0.14%
Dr Spaceman 2 0.02%
JBP 12 0.12%
bell jar 1 0.01%
GoldStandardConure 7 0.07%
Joseph Stalin 10016 99.64%
Total: 10052 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
lol, it reads like he added some “non-controversial” minorities to pre-defend against accusations of racism but just comes off as anti-Semitic and anti-Italian on top of all the other antis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

this broken hill posted:

almost every literate Jew in Victoria would know that no mainstream journalist has defended their community more strongly
I'm assuming his idea of "defending the Jewish community" is being anti-Palestine and anti-Muslim.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

He literally referred to Jews living in Caulfield as colonizing.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I'd like Bolt to explain how the cartoon of suspicious looking immigrants about to literally eat Australia is merely a sober reflection of the facts.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

boltblogcomments posted:

41% is an issue and many in Caulfield are unhappy with the ethnic make up on this once proud suburb - you were right to raise it Andrew - only those with their head n the sand would be comfortable with this high percentage of Jewish residents
doesn't bolt's blog moderate what gets posted?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

The Greens should rebrand as The Gamers.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

lmfao

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Konomex posted:

Someone needs to let Bolt know that anti-semetism can refer to prejudice against Jewish people and Arabic people. Which seems to put him squarely in the arena of being an antisemite.
orly?

quote:

Hand him a mirror. Crikey's Bernard Keane makes up stuff to paint me as an anti-Semite who makes his "blood run cold".

Yet Keane himself claims Israel is guilty of "murder of unarmed protesters" and "systemic illegalities" under "the Netanyahu regime" and its "apartheid system". He also defends the boycott of Israel that I have damned as racist.

Jews should realise Keane's attack on me is an attack on their ally. His claims to be horrified by an anti-Semitism he pretends to detect are a complete smokescreen.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Sky News is just Nazis in suits at this point.

Edit: posted that not knowing that guy leads the United Patriots Front.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Aug 5, 2018

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

What about knickers, nicotine and vinegar?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

There are definitely cases of racism in products that focus on “pure whiteness” but in this case it’s just a similar sounding, fairly common word people use in place of “tickly”, as in a tickly throat.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

quick reminder that murdoch ghouls dont deserve any benefit of the doubt and are only upset they were so bad at dog whistling

i mean they had on southern and yabbadabbadoopolis
Yeah. Southern is just as repulsive as Cottrell, except he looks like a thug and she doesn’t, and the mainstream have never heard of her so the outrage was smaller.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I did it - I found the hottest take on the Sky News thing.

quote:

Should we also ban or burn copies of Mein Kampf too?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

in sky's apology they state they dont share Cottrell's views, implying they do share the views of everybody else on their channel.
They don't share his view of saying the quiet part loud.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

loving lol
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/06/andrew-bolt-got-his-facts-wrong-but-thats-not-the-only-thing-wrong-with-his-column

quote:

Bolt’s most dramatic claim concerned not the Jews but the Chinese. In Box Hill, a moderately well-to-do suburb in Melbourne’s east, he informed us, “an astonishing two-thirds of residents were born in China or have Chinese ancestry.”

This figure is indeed astonishing but not for the reason Bolt believed. Bolt appears to have arrived at this figure by adding those who claimed to have Chinese ancestry in the 2016 census (35.4%) to those born in China (27.6%). Ancestry and country of birth, however, were not alternatives but entirely separate questions. Someone born in China would have ticked both relevant boxes. By Bolt’s method of calculation, an even more astonishing 111.8% of residents in the suburb where I live, Hurstbridge, are “Australian”. Judging by place of birth, ancestry and language, the census reveals that a little over one-third of the residents of Box Hill, not two-thirds, are ethnically Chinese.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

First thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers.
I remember reading an argument from a lawyer that this line (from Shakespeare) wasn’t intended for the applause of groundlings but was ironically pointing out that society couldn’t function without lawyers.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

“Andrew Bolt” posted:

It's actually banned the one network in Australia where you are now guaranteed NOT to see Cottrell.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Looking through Twitter it seems like Sky News is calling the Vic Gov's ban political censorship, a dark day etc.

Please go full tilt on this, I insist.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Sekkira posted:

"We need to slow down immigration!"
Yeah!
Ah.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

lol that they're not even mentioning the Nazi interview anymore.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

bell jar posted:

hooooly poo poo

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Wait but, where's the black man in a suit looking grimly at the teens?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

ewe2 posted:

For non-Victorians, and the Victorians who should understand this by now, Jacinta Allen is leader of the upper House (ie Victoria's Senate), and, this is very important, represents the electorate of Bendigo East.

Now, look at this again, what are they doing wrong here (no not morally, tactically jfc)?
idgi

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

The Peccadillo posted:

"the first thing I’m confronted with is a woman doing some kind of ballet routine naked with soapy water. Not quite how I remembered Swan Lake"
Caleb is an 18-year old boy who wishes he was 57.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

this is old but jfc

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Brown Paper Bag posted:

https://twitter.com/michaelkoziol/status/1029286219702652928?s=21

Probably figured out he could be explicit about these stuff these days and not have his political career finish
One Nation’s love of Thomas the Tank Engine making sense now.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

THE LEFT ARE THE FASCISTS THEY CONDEMN.
*video of protestor throwing glitter at cop*

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Uh guys “solution” doesn’t need to be quantified.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Don Dongington posted:

Seriously whoever wins mod Thunderdome needs to start handing out probations to anyone who doesn't source their quotes and isn't I Would Blow Dane Cook.
Will vote for the first to vouch not to do this.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I'm forming Antidav if anyone else wants to rise against oppression.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

The resemblance to Himmler is uncanny.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

That's like a line out of Brass Eye.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Dummy question: Why do the liberals lack funding when they are the rich people’s party?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

drunkill posted:

I am now worried that dutton won't get up in a spill motion.

ewwww

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I want Turnbull to win because I want Abbott to lose.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Bolt’s position is Dutton is a poor man’s Abbott. Abbott giving Bolt a shoulder to cry on when he got owned by 18C was a savvy move - the man would die for him.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

BAH GAWD!!! SCOMO IS CASHING IN MONEY IN THE BANK!!!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Intoluene posted:

I also can't hear it. What did he say?

Called ScoMo “n-word in the woodpile” but didn’t say n-word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Supporting both challengers is some galaxy brain poo poo
He’s Mac from Always Sunny telling both sides that he’s playing both sides.

• Locked thread