Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be the Mod?
This poll is closed.
Anidav 14 0.14%
Dr Spaceman 2 0.02%
JBP 12 0.12%
bell jar 1 0.01%
GoldStandardConure 7 0.07%
Joseph Stalin 10016 99.64%
Total: 10052 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

the OP auspol deserves, voted 1

rebrand the thread green

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Hrm I wonder if his character is a white male ...
edit: the clickbait is under the paywall and their version of the tweet headline ends with "and Peter Dutton is furious"

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I don't think it's a subscription like those share cars, I think it's like high turnover car leasing. Which would be worthwhile to some people, I guess like seasonal or short contract workers or musicians or something who might want a station wagon some weeks but prefer a Barina the rest of the time?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I'm not seeing it.

I googled the etymology of "niggling" and there's people saying people use it in racist ways but it's not inherently a racist word as far as I can tell either - it's scandi apparently?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
The words are unrelated

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

The Peccadillo posted:

There is a real strong relation, outside of "technically"

English is a very vast language because we begged, borrowed and stole from every other language we encountered, there's bound to be some gently caress-ups by association. I once told a French colleague I was glad it was hump day and he got very cagey because I guess he thought I was coming on to him. You don't need to be offended all the time. But I expect that the marketing department will issue an apology and get rapped over the knuckles all the same.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Reef slush fund came out of the childcare budget apparently

https://twitter.com/KKeneally/status/1026432786322735107

@KKeneally: Today the @afr reports that @TurnbullMalcolm quietly cut $440m from childcare in the May budget.
Yet 🎩 found $444m to give to his banking & mining mates at @GBRFoundation — in the very same budget.
How out of touch is Mr Turnbull? Does he think we won’t notice such things? https://t.co/8VSe8i3HKn

They know it's a loss, they're just looting what they can now.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Anidav posted:

I swear to god if you fuckers leave me modding this mess with a stupid rear end avatar I will gas this whole operation and give you all forums cancer.

Change we can believe in

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

You Am I posted:

I've already been a mod on these forums. Never again

I haven't been a moderator here but I have moderated and forums-managed in the past and this is the only response you should all be reading. When you wish to be a moderator a finger curls tightly into the monkey paw.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

we need an idiot king not a competent queen

That's why I voted for Anidav!

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Vote for Anidav!

If things were reversed, he'd misread something important and vote for you!

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Vote for Anidav!

He has a photogenic dog and a free DVD about Taiwan he'd like to show you.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Jesus gently caress that twit would turn up to the opening of a fridge door. He's not even Victorian, much less a Melbourne resident.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Have we met gate?

I don't recognise you gate and while you're welcome to join us gate I suspect you're only lured here by the prospect of a mod vote gate.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
#putoutyourgate

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

http://www.penthouse.com.au/articles/opinion/avoid-the-perils-of-cuffing-season

I regret to inform you that Daisy Cousens has written something some advice for Caleb.

I'm reminded of this tweet
https://twitter.com/AbbyHoward/status/1027247508689494017

And grateful I didn't use my real name on the internet. Hindsight is going to kick her rear end.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
This poll corruption has all the trappings of an American election. You're meant to give us an Australian one. Someone book out a school hall, sort out a bake sale and sausage sizzle, I'll papercraft the ballot box and supply the blunted pencils.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
The idiot king is dead
The idiot king was a nurse
Long live the idiot king

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Anidav posted:

I promise to run this community with the accountability and transparency of Brisbane City Council.

I was indirectly employed by them for 6 months several years ago but it still sends a shudder down my spine.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I used the eat now website to order from our favourite Indian joint because I was having a day where talking on the phone was too much, and they gave us a big angry rant about not using it. I feel like their anger was misplaced.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Noice

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
What a time to be alive!

*shuffling footsteps off camera*

Actually after consulting with my party I am dead.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1031337115517313025

https://twitter.com/GrogsGamut/status/1031337952494776320

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
The neg was always going to be poo poo.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
If you think they would allow a policy to exist that would limit the powers that be from polluting and making big bucks from the effort you're kidding yourself. We're already at the end of the line here, go hard or go home (hint: you can't, it's on fire or underwater)

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Auspol September: Shorten Odds

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
The first spill isn't to win it's to show the blood suckers you're serious. Because that scene from mean girls with the three way call is what I imagine political negotiation looks like.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
My dudes this isn't over.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Laybah chaos

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Don't forget to check your enrolment details are up to date kiddos. If you know anyone who turns/ed 18 since the referendum remind them to get on top of it. It's like a week I think now from writs to roll freeze.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Does the GG operate by business hours or can Turnbull race up in a comcar to try and call a GE out of spite?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Happenstance: On.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
:flashfap:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Ms Othelioma won't go for leader. She's too clever by half to suck down that poison chalice.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Antony saw his shadow and predicts election in May. Personally I want this poo poo show on the fuckin road.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
"Have you ever seen anything like this before?"
Barrie Cassidy "......... No."

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Why is Simon Birmingham making GBS threads up Senate QT? Filibustering?
edit: oh thank gently caress he's done

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Pauline needs to spend more time breathless and less time breathlessly squirming about things she doesn't understand.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
They're not working you dumb bint they went home!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
At least we know that Russell Crowe's band'sChristopher Pyne's a fuckin pile a poo poo

• Locked thread