Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
The Giants are bullshitting their way to winning the NFC East and beating the Pats again in the Superbowl, aren't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: no garrett is family it just means rod marinelli and scott linehan get fired.

And even if Garrett does get fired he'll just be replaced by another inept Jerry Yes Man. He'll never learn.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
If the season ends with Garrett & Linehan getting shitcanned it was worth it.

If not... :negative:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
lmao NFC East

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Yodzilla posted:

As an Eagles fan it fuels me to see hear both Eli and the Giants organization double down on him continuing to be their guy for this season and the foreseeable future.

It makes sense either way, neither of their backups are probably talented enough to make it as a starter, so one of two things happens: Eli turns it around enough to justify keeping him as starter on the last year of his contract next year, or he keeps making GBS threads the bed and losing games giving the Giants a high enough pick to potentially get the best available QB in the draft and finally making it clear to their fanbase at large he's donezo so there won't be another revolt when he's cut.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
8-8 still on track

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I was honestly waiting for the Jerry WR panic trade and this felt about right. Trying to rationalize not firing Garrett any way he can.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I mean, on the plus side at least Dak is better than Blake Bort-

:negative:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
The Cowboys losing out and the Redskins winning the division with their 4th quarterback would be apex NFC East Clownball, I’m not sure where it goes from there.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

jesus christ i can't believe 8-8 is still right there on the table

The football gods are bored, 8-8 "just" happening isn't good enough anymore, it has to be reached in the zaniest manner possible.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

latinotwink1997 posted:

Come on. This is the 8-8s Cowboys we’re talking about here.

Jameis randomly going off for 250 yards and 2-3 touchdowns and Eli loving the Cowboys one last time in what might be his final game as a Giant is not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
On the one hand going from a 3-5 start to second round of the playoffs is pretty cool.

On the other hand this probably means STATUS QUO going forward.

Entertaining season regardless, I guess, but not having any optimism about another big leap forward either.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

So long as Scott Linehan dies or gets fired I can survive

I'm fine with Garrett staying on board at least another year, the team seems to love playing for him, but they seriously need to get a new OC that can play to Dak's strengths if they're re-signing him, he deserves that much.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

I've changed my mind. Fire Jason Garrett.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Considering how the Eagles lost their starting RB and had an injury cataclysm in their secondary, they should be pretty proud they got this far. Much as Dallas has improved, if y'all have better injury luck next year and Wentz doesn't become the new Chad Pennington with another injury, you should probably be favorites for the division.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Cowboys fired their OC. Team should suck less next year.

:dance:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Witten’s officially coming back to play for the Cowboys again.

Hot drat did his broadcasting career crash and burn hard.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
If the Giants wanna punt on the division for the next five years I’m down with that :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Eli Manning, Googling insults about his mother.

What a pure, innocent lad.