Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i cant wait for shinobi striker. im gonna be hokage, BELIEVE IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

I've been drinking for the past 8 hours but I'd like to take a step back and really give loving credit for this Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJVxPAiB7as

You think about so many other videogame trailers and so much other wannabe "games are art now" poo poo and for all the criticisms of MGSV that I would totally agree with, these last trailers were so loving goddamn absurdist that looking back really need to be applauded, especially in context of what has passed since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9JV0EvCkMI

The guarantee that Death Stranding will be a loving masterwork is in how off the cuff and intimate the last trailers for Phantom Pain are, cinematically, contrasted with how gameplay focused MGSV was. Stefanie Joosten singing the last jam over the Greatest Hits of all the tearjerkers of the series was a final goodbye, and the final mirror conversation of Phantom Pain was a Fourth-Wall Breaking moment that was nothing more than a genuine thank you to his most dedicate fans for elevating him to the position of infamy he now enjoys.

And you look at the news today, the news the past year, the news ahead of us - this sort of doomsday economics - and really, how can you not call it a death standing? Kojima is truly ahead of us all.

well yea but he’s no kojumbo

• Locked thread